Devils interested in Schneider?

Candydog

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zajac will be fine. He's suffering a bit of a sophomore slump right now, but there was a point in this season where no winger on our team could produce unless Travis was the pivot. Don't give up on the kid yet ... between him and Parise, our offense has a bright future.

Not for anything Stansy might be like Zajac under the Devils system. Imagine beign Travis, playing most the year for one coach, having a new one for the playoffs then the team gets thrown under the wagon with a new coach, he hasnt had enough time to adjust to the nhl. I think Zajac will be fine and will speed up soon.

statsny has had a better career so far, and could be a better player. But come on, get over it. Zajac is devils property and he looks like a really good player for the future. Any trade to improve the team is worth making but getting rid of Zajac just because he's not as good as statsny is dumb.

I would love if the Devils could snag Schneider, at the right price of course. As others have said, he would be a bit of a risk considering his injury history but there is no denying that the guy has got skill, he has experience and he has won before as well. Our defense is better with him in the lineup, no doubt about it.

I agree with Tri that this is not the year the Devils should be trying to make a run, but if they can get this guy for a reasonable price, I'd welcome him with open arms. I'd rather see the team in a position to possibly win a round just in case we run into a rival team in the quarters should they make the playoffs.

Edited by SickMan

Zajac for Schneider and or Perry would be the worst trade in Devils histoy. You cant trade a second year player based on their stats after 28 games. I've been watching Zajac play since he was a freshmen in College and about craped in my pants when he was still available for the Devils to draft. The kid has plenty of skill, he just needs to learn how to use it. It seems like this year Zajac (and the Devils) are trying to figure out the best way to utilize and develope him, as a power forward "Arnott" type center, or a play making skills center.

By the way, Jordan Staal, who was in the running for rookie of the year last year, has 2 goals and 4 assists and a is a -6 in 29 games. Maybe the Penguins will trade him to the Devils since hes been playing poorly as of late.

Edited by Eltab213

Zajac for Schneider and or Perry would be the worst trade in Devils histoy. You cant trade a second year player based on their stats after 28 games. I've been watching Zajac play since he was a freshmen in College and about craped in my pants when he was still available for the Devils to draft. The kid has plenty of skill, he just needs to learn how to use it. It seems like this year Zajac (and the Devils) are trying to figure out the best way to utilize and develope him, as a power forward "Arnott" type center, or a play making skills center.

they would have to overpay for him but lets face it. this team cannot make a good -layoff run without another good defender. colin white and paul martin are the only two i have utmost confidence in. Rachunek is having a good year but some of his decisions are still suspect. Mottau is prone to mistakes but has been playing well, Johnny Oduya is pretty bad. And most disappointing would have to be Vishnevski who I hoped would play a lot better for us. Schneider would come at a price but he would be a huge defensive boost.

Everybody's saying "he's too expensive", but let's face it: if you want a real #1 D-man, you will have to pay him at least 5 milions a year. Look at last summer's moves and the money some guys got.

But that doesn't change the fact that I don't really love the idea of the Schneider deal. Yeah, the Devils may need a veteran blueliner, but 38 years old? I'm not quite sure... And again, I don't see who's going the other way. We won't trade for MS unless we mess the team up, giving the Ducks too much talent. And Schneider will probably retire after 2008/09. I don't think trading one of the younger players for a season and a half of Mathieu's service is reasonable.

If I was Lou, I'd wait for summer and sign a quiality UFA D-man. At least I wouldn't have to trade for him.

Edited by Revan