Christmas, Even HR Is Scared

LOULAM1

Walked into work today to see no Christmas Tree, no Christmas decorations and nothing to remind people that Christmas still exists. Did see that Kwanza and the Jewish Holidays are upon us in full force and as far as the minority owning the majority... IT HAS NEVER BEEN MORE CLEAR!

God forbid you bring up Christmas (in the workplace) as HR will cringe and call it the "holidays" and if you ask them what the definition of Kwanza is or any Jewish Holiday is they have no clue, but they must make sure that these "Holidays" outway Christmas so as not to OFFEND THE MINORITY!

Christmas is dead! Get used to it and corporate America that embraces the $$$ that Christmas brings in will not give it it's fair due in the workplace because HR has become to powerful and too fvckING SCARED OF THE MINORITY!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what the big deal is if people call it "The Holidays". If you celebrate Christmas, celebrate Christmas...if you celebrate Kwanza, celebrate Kwanza. I just don't see the problem of a workplace wanting to be respectful of people with varying faiths and beliefs. The argument of "my holiday is better than your holiday" is pretty ridiculous.

I don't see what the big deal is if people call it "The Holidays". If you celebrate Christmas, celebrate Christmas...if you celebrate Kwanza, celebrate Kwanza. I just don't see the problem of a workplace wanting to be respectful of people with varying faiths and beliefs. The argument of "my holiday is better than your holiday" is pretty ridiculous.

Christmas is a Federal Holiday.

Noted, but that doesn't mean a place of business has to recognize it by putting up decorations. As far as I know, all that means is that civil services are suspended and banks are closed. If the company really wanted to be hardnosed, they could claim the decorations would be distracting, cutting down on productivity.

As for saying Happy Holidays, that's become my standard, unless I happen to know someone celebrates Christmas. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Years ago I would just say Happy Holidays until Christmas came under attack. Now it's only Merry Christmas.

When I got our tree this year, the illegal immigrant Mexican worker said three times to me, "Feliz Navidad"............and three times I replied, "Merry Christmas"............I did stop before I had to remind him where we were.

I didn't want to create an international incident, God forbid.

Did see that Kwanza and the Jewish Holidays are upon us in full force and as far as the minority owning the majority... IT HAS NEVER BEEN MORE CLEAR!

Okay. This is absolutely moronic.

Who brought in the Kwanzaa decorations? Who brought in the Hanukkah decorations? Probably the people who celebrate those events. It is very unlikely that it is the business that bought these decorations and avoided Christmas decorations altogether. IF YOU WANT TO BRING IN CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS ALL THE POWER TO YOU!!!!

My office is completely decorated with Festivus banners, posters, colourful cards and, of course, la piece de resistance... the Festivus pole (no tinsel!!!). The decorations of course were purchased and displayed by me personally. I had no expectation of the company paying for MY decorations.

Edited by Don

Years ago I would just say Happy Holidays until Christmas came under attack. Now it's only Merry Christmas.

When I got our tree this year, the illegal immigrant Mexican worker said three times to me, "Feliz Navidad"............and three times I replied, "Merry Christmas"............I did stop before I had to remind him where we were.

Wow...illegal immigrant worker...did you check his status or something? Did you ask for papers? No offense or anything, but thats a little harsh...maybe the guy was born here but still speaks Spanish...not unheard of...

As for Christmas being under attack, I think it's crazy that we have this idea that one holiday is superior to another. Kinda defeats the purpose of the holiday season.

i find it funny that people who act like complete dicks for the rest of the year suddenly rediscover their christian heritage and use it as a rallying cry to whine about people different then them.

do you even implement the teachings of christ in your everyday life?

do you remember god even once during your normal day? do you give thanks for what you have? do you ask god to remove poverty and ignorance from the lives of others? do you ask for forgiveness and guidance?

if not, STFU and stop whining.

I find myself saying Happy Holidays more often than I used to, just cause Christmas and New Year's are virtually on top of each other anyway and they're both big holidays.

I celebrate Christmas as much as the next person but I don't really associate it with religion since I'm not a Christian :P

Edited by Hasan4978

I am not disrespecting anyone's beliefs, but I just want this one question answered: If there is Merry Xmas, why not the same treatment for other holidays? Where is the consistency? Equality should mean the other holidays are open to this, no? :noclue:

If there is an answer I am unaware of, and a reason why the X is put there or people can no longer say Christmas but can say the names of any other holidays, I am very happy to be corrected.

Edited by LOTCB

All right! We killed Christmas! To quote someone: "Mission Accomplished!" Hey Easter Bunny, yeah you you cotton tailed bastard, you're next!

Any reason why you are joyed? Why would anyone take joy in killing a Holiday? Issues...

Any reason why you are joyed? Why would anyone take joy in killing a Holiday? Issues...

Christmas is not dead folks. Come to the mall, we're blasting that crap Christmas music 24/7. Every single song mentions Christmas in the title, not a single Happy Ramadan song in the bunch.

Tell you what, if you want all that Christmas cheer, I'll gladly trade my cheery happy christmasy job for your dreary sterile cubicle with naught a Christmas tree in sight.

the Spirit of Christmas is about one thing and one thing alone...

PRESENTS!!!

So anyone who wants to keep the spirit alive.... SEND ME GIFTS!!

... I also accept late birthday presents too ;)

Christmas is not dead folks. Come to the mall, we're blasting that crap Christmas music 24/7. Every single song mentions Christmas in the title, not a single Happy Ramadan song in the bunch.

Tell you what, if you want all that Christmas cheer, I'll gladly trade my cheery happy christmasy job for your dreary sterile cubicle with naught a Christmas tree in sight.

Damn it. That is the last time I listen to LOULAM1. I guess I will have to wait to enjoy some rabbit soup. Although since the "War on Christmas" is a contrivance anyway, I suppose I can just say it was over and we won and it would be just as meaningful as anything else said about it.

I am not disrespecting anyone's beliefs, but I just want this one question answered: If there is Merry Xmas, why not the same treatment for other holidays? Where is the consistency? Equality should mean the other holidays are open to this, no? :noclue:

If there is an answer I am unaware of, and a reason why the X is put there or people can no longer say Christmas but can say the names of any other holidays, I am very happy to be corrected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

Yes it was a dick move.

Can you believe that this guy was trying to get me to speak his language while he's here in our country?

Not happening in the Leeds' household.

It's Merry Christmas, not Feliz Navidad.

That was my cousin - thats just plain wrong Leeds

I hope he also wished you a "Prospero A

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.