WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so TNA now opens with Dixie Carter giving the old Vince McManon-type speech... Lord help us all.... if she turns into the "don't cross the boss" character I swear I will rip my eyes out :P

Damn you Hogan.... Damn youuuuuuuu

(though the Jay Lethal Mega-Powers promo was the awesome!)

Wow, so TNA now opens with Dixie Carter giving the old Vince McManon-type speech... Lord help us all.... if she turns into the "don't cross the boss" character I swear I will rip my eyes out :P

Scott, tell me you didn't love that?!? That was awesome. I haven't seen a work/shoot angle like that from TNA in forever! Made me feel like it was 1997 again.

Scott, tell me you didn't love that?!? That was awesome. I haven't seen a work/shoot angle like that from TNA in forever! Made me feel like it was 1997 again.

That's the problem!!!

IT'S NOT 1997 ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's been done and BEATEN TO DEATH!!! Honestly I'm sick OF IT, not to mention Dixie Carter is a hotter version of Linda with the personality of a test pattern!!!! The key to TNA's success is being the ALTERNATE to the WWE and not some sh!t-brick second-rate impression!!!!

Has anyone read: The Death of WCW.

Really good read.

Thats the book by Alvarez and the guy that runs Wrestlecrap, yes?

Yea, I read that back when it was released and I was a Wrestlecrap regular. Its one of the best non-biographies I've read on the business, if not the best.

Ive not been watching the past few months. I have it DVR'd and I read recaps, but its pretty sad that the most exciting things to happen are Jeff Hardy's arrest and Kofi's new feud with Randy. I'm excited about Edge's eventual return though.

The entire industry (both TNA and WWE) need some new juice and creativity. Im sick of the rehashes. I also don't like the watered-down PG WWE.

Edited by ghdi

Ive not been watching the past few months. I have it DVR'd and I read recaps, but its pretty sad that the most exciting things to happen are Jeff Hardy's arrest and Kofi's new feud with Randy. I'm excited about Edge's eventual return though.

The entire industry (both TNA and WWE) need some new juice and creativity. Im sick of the rehashes. I also don't like the watered-down PG WWE.

You're not missing alot really (and DVR is the only way to be sports entertained so you can ignore the sh!t :P)

I think we'll learn a lot by how much TNA lets AJ/Samoa Joe and Daniels GO... their first match was truly the best in the company's history, if they come ANYWHERE close to that... there is hope... and with Angel/ and Nigel the Lariat too....

WWE just mails in their PPV efforts now anyway....

I cant believe they renamed Nigel McGuinness. Idiots. Desmond Wolfe isnt too bad, but c'mon.

Id rather watch him than that albino Sheamus anyday.

Both companies want to retain the naming rights of the guys who get there.... at least they left the prono name generator app they use for the women away for it....

They should let him use the Lariat nickname me thinks!

Drove with a couple friends to Philly (the ECW arena) on Thursday to watch the ROH tapings. Have been a somewhat avid wrestling fan since 03 but this was my first time ever going to a live event and wow, it was awesome. ROH puts on such better matches then either WWE or TNA. For anyone that hasn't gone before it is definitely worth checking out, plenty of events in Penn/Ny/Nj. Saw a bunch of 4 star matches during the evening and you are lucky to get one per PPV of WWE/TNA. Will be going again tonight (in Jersey), only bad thing is I will have to watch a replay of the game :( Dragongate USA will have a live event in Philly on the 28th of this month, general admission tickets are at $20, I will be attending :yea: From what I have heard from many fans this is the best wrestling you will ever see, strongly recommend you guys check it out.

Edited by welcometotherock

• 3 weeks later...

For all those that don't think Hulk Hogan is a vile douche who's going to ruin TNA, check out this interview he did in Australia

Exhibit A: Revisionist History

Question: And I have to mention this, Hulk. One of my favourite memories of you in the ring was when you took on The Rock at WrestleMania 18 several years ago. You actually went into this match as the so-called bad guy and The Rock was the good guy but you ended up receiving all the cheers from the crowd. That was a unique situation. Can you describe that whole moment for us?

Hulk Hogan: Brother, that goes back to what I'm talking about right now. You have to give the fans what they want and that's what I'm getting ready to do. I'm gonna do the Hulkamania tour and then when I leave here I'm going back to the Unated States and when I work for TNA I'm gonna turn the wrestling business upside-down. That's the same thing that happened with WrestleMania 18. Vince McMahon wanted me to be the bad guy. Vince McMahon wanted to put a bullet in Hulkamania. Vince McMahon put me up against his number one good guy The Rock who had a big push. And when I went out in front of 70,000 people in Toronto the fans told Vince McMahon what they wanted and they booed The Rock out of the building

Exhibit B: Big Bully Syndrome

Question: You've been in the ring with the biggest names the wrestling industry's ever seen but there's one wrestler the fans would really love to see you in the ring with. There's one wrestler that you never really got to take on in a one-on-one situation and that of course is "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Steve Austin versus Hulk Hogan - what would the outcome be?

Hulk Hogan: I ran into Stone Cold one week before I came to Australia. I went to a Gold's Gym in Venice Beach, California and there he was. He was working out during the day. He was doing a movie with my buddy Sylvester Stallone. And I told him, I said, "Brother, I'm going back to work. I'm getting back in the ring. If you want some come get some. Money's not a problem. Your schedule's not a problem. If you really want to get in the ring and you really want to make history then come get into the ring with Hulk Hogan". I did not get an answer.

Question: So you threw the challenge out there but you did not get an answer?

Hulk Hogan: Face-to-face threw the challenge out, in his face.

It should be noted that Stone Cold Steve Austin has a spinal condition that could paralyze/kill him if he takes a bump in a wrestling ring again.

Looks like " Umaga " die...

The following is an article from www.F4WOnline.com:

Former WWE star Umaga hospitalized Edward Fatu, 36, is hospitalized in Houston and in what was described as life threatening condition by a long-time friend.

Details are sketchy at this point but he apparently fell asleep last night while watching television, and several hours later, his wife found him not breathing with blood coming out of his nose and he was rushed to the hospital.

there isn't even a match to be honest...

and it will be only one show (for a starter)

I smell WWE makin' his The Rock Owning MOnday Night Raw night... the exact night Hukster going TNA...

And The Rock is so much a big draw right now. Not even close !

No discussion on the big Monday Night Matchup: TNA vs WWE?????

Crasher: get out of Bayonne.

there isn't even a match to be honest...

and it will be only one show (for a starter)

I smell WWE makin' his The Rock Owning MOnday Night Raw night... the exact night Hukster going TNA...

And The Rock is so much a big draw right now. Not even close !

Manta: what he said

The SAME WEEK that TNA had the OMGWTF LOOK AT US WE SIGNED HOGAN.... we ordered their PPV... Joe, AJ and Daniels TORE THE HOUSE DOWN... the place LOVED IT.... the chants went from THIS IS AWESOME to.... SCREW YOU HOGAN!!!!!

TNA is throwing rocks at a gun fight at this point in their history... least they were smart enough to wait until MNF ends.....

(and the only reason I go to Bayonne now is for work :P )

until TNA shows otherwise, this is a non-story

• 2 weeks later...

4 DAYS... MONDAY NIGHT WARS 2!

Except that one army's bringing rocks to a machine gun fight....

and the other company's unleashing an atomic bomb they had in reserve for like 12 years....

TNA's not even CLOSE to ready for this fight.....

.... and how come no one mentioned the passing of ol'Dr Death... him and Terry Gordy were the toughest tag team I ever saw.....

Gotta agree, Raw is going to destroy TNA in the ratings, I feel like Bret Hart will evoke more excitement among the old attitude era fans because since then Hulk has been on VH1, American Gladiators, and all of the tabloid shows whose viewers aren't going to be watching TNA whereas Hart hasn't been outside of the wrestling world for several years and the clear revival of the Montreal Screwjob storyline is going to be a better draw.