Devils won't be capped at deadline

SC Devs Fan

Devils won't be capped at deadline

http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?....xml&coll=1

Lamoriello is believed to be interested in obtaining a point man for the power play, as well as an experienced center. He has the money, approximately $3.6 million in free cap space, to rent a top player and has been doing some shopping.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean the same year we gave up our only trade chip (first round pick) to get Malakhov off the cap?

we had NOTHING to offer and no cap room to take anything

we didn't deal last year cause we couldn't

this year it should be because we SHOULDN'T

Edited by Triumph

NJ would want him because he fills a need at defense that I believe they could get for a guy like Fraser. Florida would be interested because they'd rather have a guy they could control for years like Fraser. The Devils should have tried to sign him in the offseason and I don't know that they didn't.

I hope the Devils don't trade major future pieces like first round picks for a guy like Blake so this would be a type of trade I'd look to make where you don't trade anything major from the future but give yourself a chance to have a defenseman who can run a PP.

Edited by Triumph

Well from what I've seen he is good so I'm infering his future play from what I've seen. I don't think it's unreasonable to see him score 40 points or more in a season while I do think it's a stretch to see Greene or Rachunek do that any time soon.

If that's the case, why does Florida part with him, especially given their dearth of power play guys which led them to sign Murphy in the first place?

Just doesn't add up - Stuart, Blake, Campbell, Boyle - these are the guys New Jersey will pursue, although I would not be surprised if they end up with neither of them.

It's the Brodeur factor. We all know the Devils will never have another like him and Lou goes for broke every year unless it is pretty obvious the Devils suck. At best, kiss the first round pick goodbye, at worst a young player AND a first rounder.