Devils Blood Drive - April 5th at The Rock

Devilsdude530

What kind of jersey do you guys think it will be? A CCM jersey? Or one of those crappy youth jerseys? Either way I don't mind giving blood I just wanna know what my blood is worth to them. :)

Edit: they have a pic of an RBK edge jersey on the website, idk if that is the one we get though.

Edit Edit: What is the blood type that almost everyone has? I know that's the one I have.

Edited by Devs4LIFE

What kind of jersey do you guys think it will be? A CCM jersey? Or one of those crappy youth jerseys? Either way I don't mind giving blood I just wanna know what my blood is worth to them. :)

Edit: they have a pic of an RBK edge jersey on the website, idk if that is the one we get though.

Edit Edit: What is the blood type that almost everyone has? I know that's the one I have.

I guess the most common blood type is red, my blood is red :koolaid:

I guess the most common blood type is red, my blood is red :koolaid:

I'm not sure what the most common is, but I'm pretty sure type O negative is the most useful, as it can be used to tranfuse with any other blood type. Individuals with type O blood can only recieve transfusions or organs from those with type O blood. Which is what's killing my friend right now, she needs a kidney but has a blood type O, which makes donors that much more difficult to come by.

I highly recommend giving blood, particularly if you're type O, they're not kidding when they say it'll save lives.

I'm not sure what the most common is, but I'm pretty sure type O negative is the most useful, as it can be used to tranfuse with any other blood type. Individuals with type O blood can only recieve transfusions or organs from those with type O blood. Which is what's killing my friend right now, she needs a kidney but has a blood type O, which makes donors that much more difficult to come by.

I highly recommend giving blood, particularly if you're type O, they're not kidding when they say it'll save lives.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I hope they find a kidney with a compatible blood type asap.

Unfortunately I cannot give blood because I am not from the USA, I'm from England, and even though I've been in the US for nearly 9 years, I can't give blood because of "mad cow disease" or CJD which is the human equivalent.

Edited by Neutral Zone Trap

Ive given blodd many times and the only thing I ever got was a cracker and some juice.

I would totally do this if I was going to be there. I wonder how late I can sign up. Cause I would probably know in a few weeks.

http://www.pleasegiveblood.org

From 6AM-2PM the last Saturday of the year.

Of the year? or season?

I'll be 18 in august so hopefully it's year, i could use another jersey.

EDIT

Nevermind, last Saturday of the season. Dammit.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Ive given blodd many times and the only thing I ever got was a cracker and some juice.

I would totally do this if I was going to be there. I wonder how late I can sign up. Cause I would probably know in a few weeks.

It says it's for those who pre-register and then give blood, so I think you could probably pre-register, and then if you're around, show up. I don't think you have anything to lose by pre-registering, just in case you happen to be around for it. I could be wrong though, I'm just going by how I'm interpriting what it says...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I hope they find a kidney with a compatible blood type asap.

Unfortunately I cannot give blood because I am not from the USA, I'm from England, and even though I've been in the US for nearly 9 years, I can't give blood because of "mad cow disease" or CJD which is the human equivalent.

Thanks, I appreciate it. The list for donors is about three years long and she's been on it for a year and a half, so hopefully she hears something in the next year or so.

I'm in the same boat as you as far as donating goes, I had a heart disease about ten years ago that disqualifies me from donating organs or blood. Makes me feel so damn helpless in her situation :(

Do they actually have to accept you, to receive the Jersey? I

It says it's for those who pre-register and then give blood, so I think you could probably pre-register, and then if you're around, show up. I don't think you have anything to lose by pre-registering, just in case you happen to be around for it. I could be wrong though, I'm just going by how I'm interpriting what it says...

Duh - I was thinking it was the game day.. so if I would be there that would be if I did it. But its not game day... so now its just matter of being around... Ill sign up and if I am up this way I will donate!

Edited by langsgirl