Official NJDEVS Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

devilsrule33

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as time goes on you are unlikely to find better bargains.

that is why lou has signed almost every player to a long deal. contracts that look bad in year 1 become good in year 3 just by virtue of how awful the latest contracts are.

richards is not coming to new jersey. in one breath you talk about how awesome cap flexibility is, then you want to jam up New Jersey's with an overrated playmaking center?

My point is if you are willing to sell out cap flexibility for McKee and Kariya it is better to get someone like Richards who will be entering his prime.

I moved this from it's own thread after I noticed we had this one going...

I just noticed that Tucker is back from injury, and scored 2 goals and an assist in his debut last night. Given Toronto's situation, I think the Devils could get him for a second rounder or a second (or third) tier defenseman. The one negative is that TO would want a salary dump because he has 2 years left on his contract.

I'm not sure salary is a big deal, he's not making $10 million, and the Devils have tons of Cap room. He has a penchant for scoring big goals, and adds a certain grittiness that I think the Devils are looking for for. He's from Alberta, and therefore I am assuming would appeal to Sutter.

Maybe I'm just a big fanboy, but I think it would be a great move by the Devils... Anyone have any thoughts?

I moved this from it's own thread after I noticed we had this one going...

I just noticed that Tucker is back from injury, and scored 2 goals and an assist in his debut last night. Given Toronto's situation, I think the Devils could get him for a second rounder or a second (or third) tier defenseman. The one negative is that TO would want a salary dump because he has 2 years left on his contract.

I'm not sure salary is a big deal, he's not making $10 million, and the Devils have tons of Cap room. He has a penchant for scoring big goals, and adds a certain grittiness that I think the Devils are looking for for. He's from Alberta, and therefore I am assuming would appeal to Sutter.

Maybe I'm just a big fanboy, but I think it would be a great move by the Devils... Anyone have any thoughts?