Who would be happy??

DevsDynasty

Honestly if Lou wouldnt have done anything I would have been ok with it, seeing as how we have been playing lately, but now that the extra d man is there, I would be a bit disapointed if he didnt make a strong run at Lang. I am not sure I want the injuries that go with Havlat, but I would like to see Lang in a Devils uniform, pretty good numbers so far this yr. and he can obviously still play...

Honestly if Lou wouldnt have done anything I would have been ok with it, seeing as how we have been playing lately, but now that the extra d man is there, I would be a bit disapointed if he didnt make a strong run at Lang. I am not sure I want the injuries that go with Havlat, but I would like to see Lang in a Devils uniform, pretty good numbers so far this yr. and he can obviously still play...

I'm content with what we have. I agree 9 defensemen is too much, but we have a lot of cap room. Lou is such a brilliant planner, I would not be surprised to see him keep the 9 d-men for later use (off season work). If the idea goal scorer (gritty / team player) doesn't come up for a fair value, then I think Lou will stay with what we have.

Injuries could still be a factor. With out the other d-men we have, the loss of White for so long would have hurt a lot more.

Considering I predicted Lou would do nothing at all, I guess I'm happy with the way things are now. If the Salvador trade was all Lou had up his sleeve, fine; if it's a precursor to a bigger deal, even better; if it was meant to lead into another trade but it ends up falling through, that's okay too. It does seem odd that the Devs have 9 defensemen at present, but it's not really a cause for concern. I'd like Lou to get a forward of at least mid-grade quality, but I'll understand if he doesn't.

Does anyone else see this 9 defenseman situation as nothing more than an open door for Brookbank to return to Lowell? The guy is decent, but not nearly experienced enough to be relied upon to log minutes in the playoffs. Salvadore apparently can be relied upon, although this deal reaks to me of another Ken Klee.

If nothing is done its a bad day. 9 starter d-men is a nightmare, will cause problems.. Obviously Lou did not intend to be this way im sure, he wanted to unload 1 or 2 defenseman for someone "big" perhaps..? I dunno.. the trade was good, but it doesn't exactly help the team all too much

If nothing is done its a bad day. 9 starter d-men is a nightmare, will cause problems.. Obviously Lou did not intend to be this way im sure, he wanted to unload 1 or 2 defenseman for someone "big" perhaps..? I dunno.. the trade was good, but it doesn't exactly help the team all too much

Let's call up Matvichuk.

Does anyone else see this 9 defenseman situation as nothing more than an open door for Brookbank to return to Lowell? The guy is decent, but not nearly experienced enough to be relied upon to log minutes in the playoffs. Salvadore apparently can be relied upon, although this deal reaks to me of another Ken Klee.

Brookbank (and Greene for that matter) can't be sent down without clearing waivers. Barring a trade there's no way to get rid of any defenseman short of cutting them. Seems like Salvadore for Cam was a good value trade but I don't get not dealing off a defensemen for a pick. Eight is enough, right? Unless we're hiding an injury to Rachunek or someone.