Do we fear the Penguins now?

TomsRiverDevil

We know all know about the "Hossa Sweepstakes." How does that affect the Devs chances of winning the division?

Now how to take care of this problem.....

We have Salvador just absolutey maul Hossa. Take him out for the season. Sure Salvador will be banned for the rest of the season, but it would completely negate anything positive from their deal. You have to figure that that Pens gave up five players (includes draft pick) for two, giving them a net of -3. We take out the best one (Hossa) with our new D-man. Remember, it is kind of like we have a +1 because Cam wasn't playing and we got one that we can use. So if Salvador cancels out Hossa, it leaves us at 0 and the Pens at -4. And since Salvador is new, we have no emotional attachment to him!

Obviously I am just kidding, and really wouldn't want this to happen.

But I do think that winning the division is going to be a dogfight until the end.

i don't care about winning the division. let's just concentrate on making the playoffs. i'll worry about pitt when we have to play them.

i'm more concerned about our team playing more aggressive, particualrly on offense, and not reverting to this counter attack style where the other team spends most of the period in our end that has failed us in the playoffs the last two years.

i'm more concerned about our team playing more aggressive, particualrly on offense, and not reverting to this counter attack style where the other team spends most of the period in our end that has failed us in the playoffs the last two years.

That's how I feel too, but I like the pride of winning a division and having a new banner hung.

Getting in the playoffs is always the first priority. Once we clinch a spot in the post season, only then should we start to set our sites on the division. one thing at a time.

Also, I hope you are joking about taking out Hossa, as that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard, and its not the right way to go about beating pittsburgh.

Edited by elias2600

This was my strategy for the Nets to win the NBA championship. The Spurs team was Tim Duncan, so I thought the nets only chance was to have some goon off the bench just take out Duncan and jump up and down on his knees. I was right that was their only chance, but I that really would not be very sporting of them.

i don't care about winning the division. let's just concentrate on making the playoffs. i'll worry about pitt when we have to play them.

If the Devils want to go far into these playoffs they better win their division and get some home ice. Win the division first then go for the #1 seed overall if it is still within reach.

I am a little worried about Pittsburgh but it will come down to the wire again like last season and see the Devils winning the division. Pittsburgh has NO defense and their goaltending is suspect. Plus Fleury is back and they have three goaltenders which one of them may have to go and they do not know which one.

It would cheapen all of us and I would lose all respect for them. I would be embarrassed to be a fan.

We would be....the Flyers!

If the Devils want to go far into these playoffs they better win their division and get some home ice. Win the division first then go for the #1 seed overall if it is still within reach.

I am a little worried about Pittsburgh but it will come down to the wire again like last season and see the Devils winning the division. Pittsburgh has NO defense and their goaltending is suspect. Plus Fleury is back and they have three goaltenders which one of them may have to go and they do not know which one.

Hal Gill will help them. I'll believe in their goaltending when I see it. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Conklin continue to do well, but I'm not ready to annoint them either.

I like it, only I wouldnt send Salvador (he could be valuable) I would send our 9th DMan out there to take care of it have him banned for the rest of the season

:rolleyes:

We know all know about the "Hossa Sweepstakes." How does that affect the Devs chances of winning the division?

Now how to take care of this problem.....

We have Salvador just absolutey maul Hossa. Take him out for the season. Sure Salvador will be banned for the rest of the season, but it would completely negate anything positive from their deal. You have to figure that that Pens gave up five players (includes draft pick) for two, giving them a net of -3. We take out the best one (Hossa) with our new D-man. Remember, it is kind of like we have a +1 because Cam wasn't playing and we got one that we can use. So if Salvador cancels out Hossa, it leaves us at 0 and the Pens at -4. And since Salvador is new, we have no emotional attachment to him!

Obviously I am just kidding, and really wouldn't want this to happen.

But I do think that winning the division is going to be a dogfight until the end.

I'm actually more afraid of the Rangers.

If we break Hossa, how long will it take before someone crashes Marty, and Marty is more important to us than Hossa is to Pittsburgh. We take him out, there's only an all-star team of young talent left. They take Marty out and we're done.

If Pitt does not win the cup this year, they are in some trouble. 2 key role players, their top prospect, and their 1st round pick. (not to mention they lost there 2nd too) Thats a ton to give up for a player they probally can't resign Hossa. (if he wants 7-8 million) Crosby already making 9, Malkin due for a hefty raise, same with Staal, seems like they put all their eggs in one basket.