Stan Fischler

HockeyPilot18

first off that clip from 1971 rocked...thanks beetlebum for finding that.

to appreciate stan you have to realize that he says outrageous things to stir up controversy and entertainment...that's his persona.

i think he's a genius...after all he has lasted forever as the quintessential hockey writer/personality in NYC for the last 40 years.

how outrageous was that

!

they were all sauced on whiskey playing table hockey in 1971...and there was stan perpetuating the absurd maddness!

awesome!

Honestly I love to hate him. Sometimes I find myself watching hockey night live and saying "Shut up Stan." to the TV and other times he makes a comment that I would have never thought about, he is smart no question there. I really gained respect for him when he did Stanta Clause and was clearly drunk, if anyone has the clip of that please send it to me.

I love Stan. Even though I don't agree with a lot of what he says, he adds his opinions without worrying about hurting anyone's feelings.

And I liked him even more at lockout time. Players were lucky then & lucky now to get what they got with a paltry national tv contract, which pays for most other sports salaries.

And when you meet him in person he is 100% 'great guy'. Will autograph, take a picture, etc.

And after all that, I still think he's biased to the rangers, but then again, who isn't?

I like him. If you watch other games on CI, you soon learn that nobody has the characters and interesting between period stuff like we do.

Sometimes i think he is funny and sometimes his off-beat, ridiculous comments really irritate me. He is definitely a character though and uses it well to his advantage, no doubt about it. Do you guys notice that he is acts a lot different with Trautwig than he does with Cangelosi?