Curse part 7 Game Thread: Devils VS Rangers

Devil Fan

only change to make to the lines is to drop rupp and move zajac up - and sutter did that in the third. rest of the lines are just fine and should stay as is.

No. They're not fine. Madden Pandolfo and Gionta cannot be the second line. There needs to be a threatening second line that will take pressure off of Madden and Pandolfo (And ZUBRUS COME THE fvck ON PLEASE) that will once again allow that line to score goals. Teams are looking at offensive production from that line now and that's one of the reasons why they are no longer scoring.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. They're not fine. Madden Pandolfo and Gionta cannot be the second line. There needs to be a threatening second line that will take pressure off of Madden and Pandolfo (And ZUBRUS COME THE fvck ON PLEASE) that will once again allow that line to score goals. Teams are looking at offensive production from that line now and that's one of the reasons why they are no longer scoring.

'2nd line' and '3rd line' are useless labels.

Gionta gets a ton of excellent chances with that line, and his shoot-first-at-all-costs mentality is rewarded by playing with two guys with stone hands. It's a perfect combination.

Both players are going hard into the boards true, but like he further launched himself to draw a penalty. It was clear.

First of all, what kind of moron is going to launch himself into the boards, head first, to draw a penalty? He clearly didn't. And regardless, even if he did, THERE IS NO REASON TO WISH A BROKEN NECK UPON HIM. You can honestly tell me you'd be happy if he was seriously injured on the play? It's a damn game, and you're showing the worst side of sports fans. If there's any Ranger fans lurking here tonight I hope they don't think you're an accurate representation of the fanbase, because this is disgusting.

did you watch a trenton devils game? are you insane? go back to watching minor league hockey.

the devils were winning all the races to pucks all night long.

yep keep whinning about the bad luck, must be the rangers good luck that's caused us to be shutout how many times this year? Gimme a break this team has nothing on offense, little on defense and a stud but aging goalie, bodes well for the future. PS - lowell and trenton won't sniff the playoffs either, the future is real bright. Take the blinders off things are a mess from top to bottom. Watching gomez skate from end to end was a lot of fun tonight wasn't it. Yay we knocked him down 3 times.

Winning races to the pucks led to what exactly - um another lose. Maybe you should start watching minor league hockey if you analysis is it's all bad luck. Honestly you'd fit right in in Philly.

Both players are going hard into the boards true, but like he further launched himself to draw a penalty. It was clear.

even avery is not that stupid.

he did take a pounding tonight. i hate him and part of me was hoping to see him hurt there, but i gotta respect how much this guy gets smashed game in and game out. vishnevski drilled him, langenbrunner ran him at one point, brodeur smacked him in the face, falling into the boards - it's no wonder he gets hurt as much as he does.

'2nd line' and '3rd line' are useless labels.

Gionta gets a ton of excellent chances with that line, and his shoot-first-at-all-costs mentality is rewarded by playing with two guys with stone hands. It's a perfect combination.

Go on and think that, but Pandolfo isn't making plays in the offensive zone, not enough keeps, and the puck isn't getting free with those three up front to the pointmen, and it's when the D-men shoot, the puck gets to the net, and the forwards crash that the opportunities come.

And they're not useless labels, they're just useless for this team because there are 2+ lines worth of players that are good for ten or fewer goals a year.

And I'm so fvcking sick of Zajac.

Edited by Cowutopia

yep keep whinning about the bad luck, must be the rangers good luck that's caused us to be shutout how many times this year? Gimme a break this team has nothing on offense, little on defense and a stud but aging goalie, bodes well for the future. PS - lowell and trenton won't sniff the playoffs either, the future is real bright. Take the blinders off things are a mess from top to bottom. Watching gomez skate from end to end was a lot of fun tonight wasn't it. Yay we knocked him down 3 times.

Winning races to the pucks led to what exactly - um another lose. Maybe you should start watching minor league hockey if you analysis is it's all bad luck. Honestly you'd fit right in in Philly.

lol gomez skating from end to end did the same thing it did for new jersey - a lot of nothing. i don't even know what this is about, really.

yeah trenton making the playoffs would be HUGE for the organization, i don't really know how i feel about an NHL franchise until i find out how their ECHL affiliate is doing.

a mess from top to bottom? the team's in the playoffs. they are having their lull at just the right time despite what the wags think - rather now than in the playoffs.

Washington wins, magic number stays at three. I'm going to get really scared if we lose tomorrow.

I wish I had what some of you are smoking, what world are we a better team than the Rangers? When they have better talent and beat us like a drum? Granted they're not so much better they should beat us 7 times in a row, but they make the plays in the clutch and we don't and we haven't been clutch in other big games either.

Edited by Hasan4978

We all could argue and fight all night and nothing is going to change. I am sick over all of this Bs with the NYR this season and must realize something is wrong with this team whether it is the coaching or some of the players just not playing the way they should be. :angry: You can see that Brodeur was fed up and they have to come out tomorrow night and get a WIN!

a mess from top to bottom? the team's in the playoffs. they are having their lull at just the right time despite what the wags think - rather now than in the playoffs.

I remember a lot of talk of the team getting too hot going into the playoffs to try and win the division and people didn't like that and now the Devils aren't winning going into the playoffs and people don't like that and some don't even want the team in the playoffs. It's a little crazy.

What I find funny though is that I'm being told by a lot of Rangers fans right now "the scoreboard is the only thing that matters." And that's exactly what I expect from Rangers fans, who see a win and 3-2 goal count as better than anything. They don't note that they were outplayed, they got a garbage goal and they got lucky. After years of not making the playoffs they still haven't figured out that there has to be more to an organization than a scoreboard...

...But nope, and I'll lounge on the other side of the river with a few Cups to drink from.

I'm hoping this too, but you need to be a little confident before heading into the playoffs and now the team must feel just like we do: that heaven and earth are aligning against them. They can't win a game no matter how hard they try it seems.

I'm also fvcking sick of Nigel fvcking Dawes.

Washington wins, magic number stays at three. I'm going to get really scared if we lose tomorrow.

I wish I had what some of you are smoking, what world are we a better team than the Rangers? When they have better talent and beat us like a drum? Granted they're not so much better they should beat us 7 times in a row, but they make the plays in the clutch and we don't.

Then why do the two teams have the same record, including the Rangers must better record over the Devils, if the Rangers are so superior?

I wish I had what some of you are smoking, what world are we a better team than the Rangers? When they have better talent and beat us like a drum? Granted they're not so much better they should beat us 7 times in a row, but they make the plays in the clutch and we don't and we haven't been clutch in other big games either.

so we were clutch last year? remember when we had like 8 goals to tie games in the last 2 minutes of the season? it's basically the same players. what's wrong, i ask?

also i'd like to note the devils were 0-4-1 vs the leafs in 2000. just something to chew on.

I remember a lot of talk of the team getting too hot going into the playoffs to try and win the division and people didn't like that and now the Devils aren't winning going into the playoffs and people don't like that and some don't even want the team in the playoffs. It's a little crazy.

Can we MAKE the playoffs first?

What I find funny though is that I'm being told by a lot of Rangers fans right now "the scoreboard is the only thing that matters." And that's exactly what I expect from Rangers fans, who see a win and 3-2 goal count as better than anything. They don't note that they were outplayed, they got a garbage goal and they got lucky. After years of not making the playoffs they still haven't figured out that there has to be more to an organization than a scoreboard...

...But nope, and I'll lounge on the other side of the river with a few Cups to drink from.

me too and i tell them to stuff it up thier as$

as long as we get into the playoffs and play well thats all that matters

fvck this team. I'm not wasting another minute on this season. See you in the off-season. (April 6)

Ok, we'll make sure to not see you until then.

Can we MAKE the playoffs first?

Only 5 teams in the NHL have clinched a playoff spot. I feel extremely confident the Devils will make it. Do you seriously doubt that they will? I am open for some site donation bets.

Yeah, they sure seem to be responding well recently to big games.

Yeah well the bleeding has to stop sooner or later and the Devils have the Flyers number 5-1 this season so it couldn't come at a better time. If the Devils lose their 6th one tomorrow night then there will be some changes made IMO. Cannot keep free-falling here.

The curse is still alive and so does the losing streak.

The scumbag Mexican Gomez curse. He is so fvcking dead to me. :angry: