Curse part 7 Game Thread: Devils VS Rangers

Devil Fan

how about they start making their own luck? they played with zero urgency until the last 90 seconds that's pathetic, especially after the last 3 games. There's no excuse. Freak goal - sure was but clearly the Rangers wanted this game a whole lot more especially in the 3rd.

did you watch a trenton devils game? are you insane? go back to watching minor league hockey.

the devils were winning all the races to pucks all night long.

Edited by Triumph

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know which team i hate more - the rangers or the devils.

tonight shows exactly what the problem is. the devils really did do everything they could tonight and they got two goals, one of which was off a disgusting turnover.

the rangers basically applied pressure for about 5 minutes and had 2 PP's. and they won.

the devils even got scoring from elias and parise, something that happens so infrequently, that when it does, its been a sure win. and they still lost.

while i was fine letting gomez go for that ridiculous contract, tonight showed how elias is not the puck mover that gomez is. elias has plenty of plusses and i'd want him more than gomez, especially with both of their contracts. but tonight proved why a puck mover other than martin is a flat out necessity.

the PP is a complete loss. nobody moves - you can play umbrella or two men at the point. it doesn't matter - nobody moves.

at this point, i honestly (not reactionary) will be surprised if they win another game this season. if they do, it will be because of the other team, not the devils.

maclean is history after this season - sutter's gonna get his guy in. and there will be major turnover on offense. for better or worse, there has to be.

this simply cannot continue another year. a

how about they start making their own luck? they played with zero urgency until the last 90 seconds that's pathetic, especially after the last 3 games. There's no excuse. Freak goal - sure was but clearly the Rangers wanted this game a whole lot more especially in the 3rd.

Bingo!

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but I saw a Devils team that was playing with more heart and urgency through all three periods than I've seen them play in a LOOOOONG time.

This is my theory...and I'm "sticking" to it...wacka wacka :dance:

I really hope the Devils wind up playing the Rangers in the playoffs, because if we beat them I think I know a few Rangers fans who would rather kill themselves than hear the stuff I'd have to say after that :D

If the Rangers wanted it so much more than why did the Devils dominate the first 2 periods? This are a few games in this losing streak where the Devils owned 40+ minutes of the game. Sometimes you end up losing those and it stinks but I can't get too upset when the team plays well and loses, even if it happens a bunch of times in a row.

I do agree that MacLean is history and I can't help but think a guy who made his career shooting bad angle shots has taught a whole team to do the same.

Chico pointed out that the Devils had 7 missed shots in the first - most of those were low-percentage shots from either behind the blueline or outside the circles. It wouldn't've mattered much had they got on net.

How much unluckier can they get? They absolutely deserved this game - they outplayed the Rangers and they win on a goal off some guy's head. From the first two shifts of the game I said, 'There's no way the Devils lose this game', but somehow Sandis Backman finds a wrist shot and Dawes has one hit in off his misshapen simian head and it's a 3-2 L

But that's what winning teams do Tri, they MAKE their own breaks by driving to the fvcking net, not giving up crappy goals and not making stupid mistakes :rant: There's a reason why winning teams keep winning. It's not luck when it happens seven straight times.

at this point, i honestly (not reactionary) will be surprised if they win another game this season. if they do, it will be because of the other team, not the devils.

So the Devils are outplaying teams but will still go out on a 10 game losing streak this year? That's something I would love to make a donation to the site bet on

But that's what winning teams do Tri, they MAKE their own breaks by driving to the fvcking net, not giving up crappy goals and not making stupid mistakes :rant: There's a reason why winning teams keep winning. It's not luck when it happens seven straight times.

yes it is. it absolutely is. the rangers have an edge, sure, but they've won 2 shootouts, one in overtime, and one off a guy's freaking head. they can't get any luckier.

So the Rangers, the team that got really outplayed tonight, with the same record as the Devils are a winning team while the Devils with the same record are a losing team?

What irritates me is how undisciplined Colin White was being. Sutter stressed that he wanted this team to play disciplined--he takes one penalty which Brodeur should have taken and another which was a straight-up slash. Both result in goals in ugly defensive breakdowns, add in a garbagey Dawes goal and bye-bye Devils. Oh well, better make it up tomorrow.

I'm not as upset as I thought I would be, honestly.

They played an excellent game, and a flukey kind of thing did them in. I think it's a good start to turning things around in this last week and a half. I'd be more worried if we won 2-1 and looked like crap. We lost, it wasn't a bad loss.

Good post. All those s.o.b's in MSG tonight are out of their minds if they are impressed with that team in blue. The Devils were clearly the better team tonight. You can't beat us? Well I got something for you to beat, all 18,200 of em.

How there was no penalty when Parise was pulled down in front of the net I will never know but what can you do? Thats the breaks. Every goal we score gets disallowed but that bulllsh!t goal from Dawes stands? Lmfao.

It's not even worth arguing over. All I know is that they will get theres one way or another.

What irritates me is how undisciplined Colin White was being. Sutter stressed that he wanted this team to play disciplined--he takes one penalty which Brodeur should have taken and another which was a straight-up slash. Both result in goals in ugly defensive breakdowns, add in a garbagey Dawes goal and bye-bye Devils. Oh well, better make it up tomorrow.

In Whites defense most of the team him pushing Avery down doesn't get called a penalty and he barely touched Jagr's stick but it broke so he took a penalty, players hit each others sticks like that probably 60 times a game and it's just a gamble as to when a stick breaks since the sticks are so weak now.

I do agree that MacLean is history and I can't help but think a guy who made his career shooting bad angle shots has taught a whole team to do the same.

Chico pointed out that the Devils had 7 missed shots in the first - most of those were low-percentage shots from either behind the blueline or outside the circles. It wouldn't've mattered much had they got on net.

That was all i saw on the real time player when my feed went down:

Missed shot devils langs

Missed shot devils zubrus

About 10 times in a row it was infuriating.

In Whites defense most of the team him pushing Avery down doesn't get called a penalty and he barely touched Jagr's stick but it broke so he took a penalty, players hit each others sticks like that probably 60 times a game and it's just a gamble as to when a stick breaks since the sticks are so weak now.

How was that called on White - I never figured that out. Avery tripped on his own then got sticked in the face by Brodeur - if anything the call should've been on Brodeur.

Oh, and Mike Mottau was dogsh!t on that first penalty kill. Either tie up the man or defend the pass - he did neither.

yes it is. it absolutely is. the rangers have an edge, sure, but they've won 2 shootouts, one in overtime, and one off a guy's freaking head. they can't get any luckier.

Well when you see the Mets lose eight straight to the Phillies and then the Devils lose seven straight to the Rangers and possibly both teams MISSING THE PLAYOFFS you no longer believe it's luck.

So the Rangers, the team that got really outplayed tonight, with the same record as the Devils are a winning team while the Devils with the same record are a losing team?

How about all those games the Devils won this year while being outplayed against other teams? The record's even (they'll likely pass us by year's end) and they've beaten us like a drum head-to-head, that makes them better. And 1-18 they're better than us offensively and defensively. We're supposed to have the edge in goal but Marty's been outplayed by Lundqvist this year.

Edited by Hasan4978