GDT NJ DEVILS @ Philadelphia Flyers Apr 4, 2008, 7:00 PM ET

eaglejelly

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Random thoughts:

This team has been playing bad hockey. Really bad. Are they this bad in practice? Do they practice?

Is this team any better off than when Julien was fired last year? (Note: I am not suggesting getting rid of Sutter - he's absolutely the right answer for the long term. I just wish he would put together some lines that make sense.)

Motteu looked like (was/is) a scrub tonight, and Madden needs to learn how to "seal the deal".

Memo to team - look where you are passing!

Can we keep the puck in at the point on the PP?

I haven't seen Ash since the first game of the season.

Doc Emrick likes soup.

The team is quite capable of playing good hockey. The playoffs are a totally different story, and there's no one I'd rather have in net than Brodeur (who was fantastic tonight, again - and he called the team out tonight in his post game interview - good for him). If we can get at least some scoring (hello Elias, Parise, Gionta, Zajac), we should be in okay shape.

Notice the words "if", "at least" and "some" in that last sentence - holy conditionals, Batman. That's saying something.

I would rather play Boston, but maybe what this team needs is an intense series with the Rangers to get things going. I honestly believe we can beat them.

Man that was just a nightmare of a game by the Devils. They couldn't get anything going. Brodeur was playing great and the rest of the team took the night off. Devils record 11th time being SO and now twice by Biron and the Flyers. :puke: Not a good time for the Devils to fall apart when they need to clinch the 4th seed. Devils need 1-point to clinch the 4th seed over the NYR on Sunday. Lets see if this Devils team can do that since every big game this season they have not come thru for the win when it is most needed for something. Devils need to bounce back on Sunday and get the win over the NYR. Just plain out terrible and Sutter has to be pissed right now after that display.

I haven't been that pissed off at a game in awhile. I've probably left 1 game early in my lifetime. I left early tonight when they put in Weekes. fvcking pathetic performance tonight.

I was at a bar where there were a lot of Devils fans and we were all just sick watching this game and when Weekes came in it was time to leave and come home. It must have been worse being there for that terrible display of hockey. What a way to let the Flyers right into the playoffs. Just disgusting.

Ugh just got back from the game. The city of Philadelphia is full of classless jerk-offs. That was an AWFUL experience.

The Devils need to wake up a tad.

Yeah I can imagine. You think they won the season series over the Devils when they just won for the 2nd time in the last 7-games vs. the Devils as they are 2-7 vs. the Devils this season. Nothing to be proud of and their fans are jerkoffs. This is why I hate that fvcking team and their douchebag fans. :angry:

Flyers are now 2-16-1 since 2004 vs. the Devils. They are still owned by Brodeur and the Devils and they know that.

Yeah I can imagine. You think they won the season series over the Devils when they just won for the 2nd time in the last 7-games vs. the Devils as they are 2-7 vs. the Devils this season. Nothing to be proud of and their fans are jerkoffs. This is why I hate that fvcking team and their douchebag fans. :angry:

Flyers are now 2-16-1 since 2004 vs. the Devils. They are still owned by Brodeur and the Devils and they know that.

Good stats, but this game might be our back breaker. If flyers end up playing us in playoffs, we are the reason we got in.....