GDT - New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils Game TWO [7:00PM EST]

Confusious

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as they interview the players, how are they so calm. id be screaming. id still be out there now yelling at the refs.

agreed ive been following since i was bout 6 or 7. and ive never EVER seen such bad officiating.

They've accepted their fate. Calm cattle rolling along the slaughter assembly line.

Moo.

How the hell did New Jersey self-destruct in this game's third period? They gave up a fluky goal to Jagr, and then a tough goal to Avery that's not really anyone's fault. Avery's not exactly a guy who can pick a corner, he made a nice shot - the kind the Devils have been unfortunately unable to make.

Then they battled back, scored, and came very close to tying the game, and got robbed on some horsesh!t calls.

They didn't self destruct? Once Jagr got that goal they were done. How many shots did the Rangers have that 3rd period? Like 18? . Brodeur made some nice saves to keep this game close during the 3rd. All Elias was doing all game was turning the puck over, passing to nobody but had a fantastic assist on that Avery goal. Yeah it was a bad bounce. It's always a bad bounce with them. Every God damn game it's a bad bounce.

0-5 on the powerplay. Man the fvck up boys. One of your top forwards got his teeth knocked out on a dirt bag play. Not even a shot!

Whatever. The refs were complete sh*t at the end of this game but thats not why they lost. They never put themselves in a position to win this game in the first place. 0-0 in the third might as well be 2 nothing cause they're always good for some brain fart plays to put them behind the 8 ball.

Edited by SickMan

These godawful officials need to be held responsible. If they're going to do replays on questionable goals, then it has to done on penalties as well.

It's nothing short of pathetic and ridiculous.

Agreed 100%.

I never understood why athletes' fines, suspensions and mis-doings were broadcast and publicized all over the place, yet the split second someone attempts to be critical of an official, it's anarchy....

Again, the Devils lost this game, not the officials...but that botched icing call was pathetic....

They didn't self destruct? Once Jagr got that goal they were done. How many shots did the Rangers have that 3rd period? Like 18? . Brodeur made some nice saves to keep this game close during the 3rd. All Elias was doing all game was turning the puck over, passing to nobody but had a fantastic assist on that Avery goal. Yeah it was a bad bounce. It's always a bad bounce with them. Every God damn game it's a bad bounce.

0-5 on the powerplay. Man the fvck up boys. One of your top forwards got his teeth knocked out on a dirt bag play. Not even a shot!

Whatever. The refs were complete sh*t at the end of this game but thats not why they lost. They never put themselves in a position to win this game in the first place. 0-0 in the thirs might as well be 2 nothing cause they're always good for some brain fart plays to put them behind the 8 ball.

i dislike triumph but you are fvcking nuts.

How often do you think Avery scores in that spot? He was skating away from the net and pulled it in. No one ever gives the other team credit around here - everything is New Jersey's fault. Avery made a great shot, give the guy some credit - goals off faceoffs are tough to prevent.

Then in the final 5 minutes they played the most intense hockey they'd played so far.

They shot the puck several times - just never got through to the net. The Rangers are doing an excellent job of penalty killing - the Devils are using set plays and the Rangers know them. They need to break up the flow more often - stop working the puck to the point EVERY time. They are just sitting on Zajac and Gionta along the left wall waiting for them to pass.

Edited by Triumph

I want to be an NHL referee. Next to weather forecasters, it's the only job on the PLANET where you can get away with CONSISTENTLY being wrong... and not just wrong but HORRIFICALLY wrong... and still keep your job.

is it acceptable that the devils top player, rising young star, is cross checked to the mouth and nobody on this team pounded that guttless turd backman?

where is the old time hockey heart?

where the hell is jim mckenzie when you need him?!

fvck!

i dislike triumph but you are fvcking nuts.

How so? Please enlighten me on this one. I'm pretty sure I watched the same game you did out there. Did we get fvcked at the end by the officials? One hundred percent. My point is that it shouldn't need to get to that in order to win a damn hockey game. For once, just once can the Devils be in a position where they actually have a chance to WIN the game against the Rangers come the end of 60 minutes?

You're fvcking nuts if you think a team who goes 0-5 on the powerplay and sores one bullsh!t goal on a late flurry scramble did enough to win this hockey game.

Edited by SickMan

How many times do I have to say Colin White is the worst fvcking defenseman in the league? He bumps into Brodeur and the puck squeaks by him. If Colin White is a top pair defenseman on the Devils, the Devils have the sh!ttiest defense in the history of hockey. $3M/yr for that fat fvck is $4M/yr too much. Yes, I just said Colin White should be paying the Devils $1M/yr to be in the lineup.

Just checked the box scores to find the Caps scored 3 in the third to win 5-4.......sigh....must be nice.

On a side note, I would love to read the articles tomorrow and not see the same old "well, we worked hard and have to build on it" crap......I would just love to see someone snap at this team tonight......again...sigh

Edited by davemaleyfan

We lost the game in the 2nd period 4 minute power play and 0 shots. Honestly the Rangers have given us every shot to win and we don't have the guts/balls/talent to take it. We're gonna get swept cuz we look every bit as pathetic as any team can when they have NO answers to the opposing team. The Rangers dont' even look like they're trying most of the game.

Are you kidding? The Devils were dominating the end of the game until the refs fvcked them over! And I don't think a linesman not making an icing call on a shorthanded team is considered a "friendly call".

Even Trautwig said the refs contributed too much to the end of the game.