GDT - New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils Game TWO [7:00PM EST]

Confusious

As much as you want to rape the defense, They've allowed 5 goals in the 2 games, and one of them was that lovely Marty shorthander. The offense offense.

The PP is important, and I think Patrik needs to be at the point. Elias seemed to know how to slap and direct the wristers to the net. Oduya and Martin are too indecisive. Have Patrik take the faceoff then move back to the point.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as you want to rape the defense, They've allowed 5 goals in the 2 games, and one of them was that lovely Marty shorthander. The offense offense.

The PP is important, and I think Patrik needs to be at the point. Elias seemed to know how to slap and direct the wristers to the net. Oduya and Martin are too indecisive. Have Patrik take the faceoff then move back to the point.

but then you have no one to direct what's going on down low. elias is this team's only creative player right now.

the devils need a free-flowing power play. on at least two points last night, the guy on the left wing wall worked the puck back to the point on a dump in when the rangers KNEW that was coming, pressured the defender, and got the puck out of the zone as a result.

There should be some rule put in place that prohibits talking about NEXT year before the Devils are eliminated from the playoffs. The team still has at least 2 or potentially 3-5 games left to play this season. We'll get our chance to talk about next year soon enough. How bout some talk about game 3?

lol

Are you trying to be a smart ass? You know what I mean. Not in the game2 GTD but you know what I mean.

Seriously though. People want to be GM's and fix this team right now. WTF is the point? This is what we have until the season is over and it's as simple as that. Let them run their course and when they're out you'll have the entire summer to bitch and moan about how bad the team sucks.

Edited by SickMan

There should be some rule put in place that prohibits talking about NEXT year before the Devils are eliminated from the playoffs. The team still has at least 2 or potentially 3-5 games left to play this season. We'll get our chance to talk about next year soon enough. How bout some talk about game 3?

yeah i'm with this. starting thread now.

Agreed. Especially since it's 0-2, not 0-3. And it's not like we've been beat decisively 5-0, 6-1 or something. We've outplayed them for petes sake!

Edited by '7'

Agreed. Especially since it's 0-2, not 0-3. And it's not like we've been beat decisively 5-0, 6-1 or something. We've outplayed them for petes sake!

rangers are fvckin lucky pieces of sh!t. that jagr goal, yeah enough said and henrik is also a lucky piece of sh!t

i cant wait until we beat them in MSG and then i wont have to see a gay salute to the fans

its a sh!t post and a cop out.

Dude, seriouslly, why are we doing this, becuase of the name attached to the poster each time?

Purely for the sake of arguing?

I'm assuming we both want this team to succeed...

My only issues with you, whether or not you care(which I know you don't) are taking a second to site/link a source from time to time (for considerations sake), and stop trying to paint Sutter as prejudice.

Other than that - what's the point - the goal is the same

I actually enjoyed the Elias interview/translation you did earlier this week.

I'm done jabbing with you like this... :noclue:

My dream would be for the Devils to win at 6, then after the handshake, we can gather the entire team at center ice and give a mock salute on the Rags logo. Now that would be sweet. Especially after the Marty chants at the Prudential Center.

rangers are fvckin lucky pieces of sh!t. that jagr goal, yeah enough said and henrik is also a lucky piece of sh!t

I'm starting to think he (Lundqvist) might have a horse-shoe up his @$$. I'm not saying he's a bad goalie, but between tonight, the goal past the goaline waived off, Game 1, (3 shots hitting the post) there's an awful lot of smoke & mirrors thus far from the King. :ph34r:

My dream would be for the Devils to win at 6, then after the handshake, we can gather the entire team at center ice and give a mock salute on the Rags logo. Now that would be sweet. Especially after the Marty chants at the Prudential Center.

Game 6 goes to 2 OT, Mike Mottau scores the swg with a blast from the point just inside the blue line, as the shot is released, time stands still, like slow motion, you see the puck leave his stick slightly rising, a Ranger D man just misses trying to block it with his stick, shot still rising and it's above the hash marks on it's way to the net, as the puck gets closer to the goal Elias moves another Ranger D man out of the way as the puck hurtles it's way towards the net, the puck is waist high now, just at the last second you see Parise skate away from the front of the net, Lundqvist is frozen as he didn't see the shot released, the puck hits the top right hand corner of the net with lundqvist standing still.

Time resumes to normal and Doc Emrick yells "Mottau-Mottau-Mottau, the Devils clinch the series !"

How's that ?

Last night's game recap:

Period one---> Nothing happened

Period two--> Nothing happened

Period three--> :whistling:

Brodeur is not playing his best, that much is evident. Unfortunately for him, the only way we will win this series is if he is playing his best. I, however, am not blaming the two loses on him entirely. After all, he is playing goalie for a team that is incapable of creating any offense. I was shocked that the devils did not play the rest of the third period like it was going out of style. You guys are behind 2 goals, that is a lot for you, why aren't you fighting to the death? Sure they picked up the pace with a few minutes left but they had to play desperate the entire period after the two goals were scored. I have not entirely given up hope but I do feel this series will probably end in 5 unless the devils lube up their gears. I hope to see them put every last ounce of energy on the line for game three, its do or die time. On a side note, I was also surprised there was no retaliation for Parise's teeth being cross checked out of his mouth. He is our number on guy next to Brodeur, there should be retaliation.

/Rant

Edited by Biggie B

Last night's game recap:

Period one---> Nothing happened

Period two--> Nothing happened

Period three--> :whistling:

Brodeur is not playing his best, that much is evident. Unfortunately for him, the only way we will win this series is if he is playing his best. I, however, am not blaming the two loses on him entirely. After all, he is playing goalie for a team that is incapable of creating any offense. I was shocked that the devils did not play the rest of the third period like it was going out of style. You guys are behind 2 goals, that is a lot for you, why aren't you fighting to the death? Sure they picked up the pace with a few minutes left but they had to play desperate the entire period after the two goals were scored. I have not entirely given up hope but I do feel this series will probably end in 5 unless the devils lube up their gears. I hope to see them put every last ounce of energy on the line for game three, its do or die time. On a side note, I was also surprised there was no retaliation for Parise's teeth being cross checked out of his mouth. He is our number on guy next to Brodeur, there should be retaliation.

/Rant

I was surprised too,I thought for sure that Clarkson, Rupp or Asham would have clocked Backman, this is why I believe we need Vishnevski in the line up. Put him in for game 3 and someone, not necessarily Vish, needs to take a run at Backman, regardless of penalty, even if it's a 5 min major, but if they are going to take a penalty, make it count ! Take Backman out, set a tone, we have to be physical, moreso than the last two games, I'd like to see someone rough up Shanahan, I've never liked that guy.

We need to play this game and the rest of the series like we did in the 4-3 win at Montreal in the third period.

Another thing that might work, even if it's a penalty, run Lundqvist, get in his head, rattle him.