GDT - New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils Game TWO [7:00PM EST]

Confusious

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As bad as the zebras were tonight, those last minute calls were not major factors in tonight's game. The Devils own their own destiny. Since when can they rely on a friendly call from these officials?

never can rely on them.

guess we have to rely on the devils pulling their horrible positioning together. we got rebounds and there was no one there to take them.

but till rangers scored we totally controlled the game

Edited by njdevilsluva

backman coss checks parise in the mouth busting his grill and they give the fvck a 4 minute penalty?

if that had been crosby it would have been a game misconduct and the league would be considering suspension.

that aside the devils played much of this game in a coma.

the officiating was just stupid...totally disagree on the zubrus non-existant hook, plus the shorthanded icing call is unacceptable...missing the cross check from behind on Parise...putrid bullsh!t.

Gomez IS a third line center... but a first line playmaker <_<

Okay I have to admit this did make me laugh a little, no small feat after that crapfest tonight.

But the anger isn't being properly channeled.

I agree with that too, if the Devils showed half the fight in the third period they did toward the refs maybe we'd be heading for OT at least.

Edited by Hasan4978

To say I am livid and shaking with anger is an understatement right now. I need to seriously do something to calm down before I start freaking out. I only saw the last 3 minutes but damn that was horrible, horrible officiating. I just can't believe it.

im right there with u. im gunna be turning in my sleep tonight.

The refs will hopefully be disciplined for such a mind blowing screw up at the end of the game. Icing is a rule they should know.

Unfortunately... at best the Devils tied it on that rush. The Devils need to get some drills on how to lift the puck and get some traffic in the crease. There was at least 7 times this game where a juicy rebound came out the other way and there was no Devils players there to cash in. Lundqvist is just too good on the butterfly to be trying to push pucks past his leg the whole game.

Gotta love the icing call shorthanded. and the missed cross-check. we deserve to lose anyway.

I wasn't going to post anymore this series because of the negative fvcking bullsh!t thats gonna fly over here but there are 2 things that I have to get off my chest.

This team has mental problems. Seriously. You can bitch and whine about their lack of talent, scoring, etc.. but the truth is this team folds like a cheap tent under pressure. There is no way to explain how they self destruct in EVERY fvcking 3rd period against the Rangers. It's sad. I can't even say that I'm pissed because they set themselves up for a loss AGAIN. Yeah you give up a fvcked up goal and how do you respond? Give up another one. And then don't play D the rest of the period. They're giving themselves no chance to win and that is what is so sad about this.

Second thing is the officiating during that last minute of play was beyond brutal. Just a total fvcking mockery of the sport. Icing on a penalty kill? No hooking call on the Rangers during that last sequence? FVCK YOU ZEBRAS!!!!!!!! I'm so glad the Devils screwed themselves earlier in the third cause I probably would have killed somebody had they played a great game and got screwed the way they did.

Maybe I gave these guys to much credit. I really thought they had it in them to respond but the big players in Red are not getting it done. It's not that we're over matched. It's the simple fact that our top players are going through the motions and the Rangers are making the timely plays. Lets grow some God damn fvcking stones boys and make a series of this!!!!!!! :argh:

Edited by SickMan

The refs will hopefully be disciplined for such a mind blowing screw up at the end of the game. Icing is a rule they should know.

Unfortunately... at best the Devils tied it on that rush. The Devils need to get some drills on how to lift the puck and get some traffic in the crease. There was at least 7 times this game where a juicy rebound came out the other way and there was no Devils players there to cash in. Lundqvist is just too good on the butterfly to be trying to push pucks past his leg the whole game.

i totally agree with the rebound problem. SO MANY TIMES WE COULD OF SHOT IT IN ON THE REBOUND. but they move the camera and hey look whos there, a ranger.

How the hell did New Jersey self-destruct in this game's third period? They gave up a fluky goal to Jagr, and then a tough goal to Avery that's not really anyone's fault. Avery's not exactly a guy who can pick a corner, he made a nice shot - the kind the Devils have been unfortunately unable to make.

Then they battled back, scored, and came very close to tying the game, and got robbed on some horsesh!t calls.

Edited by Triumph

How the hell did New Jersey self-destruct in this game's third period? They gave up a fluky goal to Jagr, and then a tough goal to Avery that's not really anyone's fault.

Then they battled back, scored, and came very close to tying the game, and got robbed on some horsesh!t calls.

lets start an angry mob...

we gotta do fvcking something man. this is the fvcking playoffs not game 53 of the regular season. this is fvcking war. this is the rangers a tam that shat on this franchise fvcking decades. i never cared about the rangers fan base outnumbering us. but it matters now that we are down. we need to win this fvcking series.

Are you kidding? The Devils were dominating the end of the game until the refs fvcked them over! And I don't think a linesman not making an icing call on a shorthanded team is considered a "friendly call".

Even Trautwig said the refs contributed too much to the end of the game.

That is my point exactly. As I posted a few minutes ago, I said the Devils didn't play full intensity UNTIL the final two minutes. Don't get me wrong. The missed calls were bad. My point is that the Devils can't blame those missed calls for losing this game. They need to play a complete 60 minute game.

we gotta do fvcking something man. this is the fvcking playoffs not game 53 of the regular season. this is fvcking war. this is the rangers a tam that shat on this franchise fvcking decades. i never cared about the rangers fan base outnumbering us. but it matters now that we are down. we need to win this fvcking series.

well at this point i think sutter may have to physically beat them to get it through their heads.

Welllll that was frustrating to say the least.

By the way, did anyone else decide to mute their television on more than one occasion this evening or was that only me? I think I'm going to go out in a bit for a few drinks. Vodka tonics anyone?

I agree with everything you said.

I wasn't going to post anymore this series because of the negative fvcking bullsh!t thats gonna fly over here but there are 2 things that I have to get off my chest.

This team has mental problems. Seriously. You can bitch and whine about their lack of talent, scoring, etc.. but the truth is this team folds like a cheap tent under pressure. There is no way to explain how they self destruct in EVERY fvcking 3rd period against the Rangers. It's sad. I can't even say that I'm pissed because they set themselves up for a loss AGAIN. Yeah you give up a fvcked up goal and how do you respond? Give up another one. And then don't play D the rest of the period. They're giving themselves no chance to win and that is what is so sad about this.

Second thing is the officiating during that last minute of play was beyond brutal. Just a total fvcking mockery of the sport. Icing on a penalty kill? No hooking call on the Rangers during that last sequence? FVCK YOU ZEBRAS!!!!!!!! I'm so glad the Devils screwed themselves earlier in the third cause I probably would have killed somebody had they played a great game and got screwed the way they did.

Maybe I gave these guys to much credit. I really thought they had it in them to respond but the big players in Red are not getting it done. It's not that we're over matched. It's the simple fact that our top players are going through the motions and the Rangers are making the timely plays. Lets grow some God damn fvcking stones boys and make a series of this!!!!!!! :argh:

Sickman, I cannot argue with a single word you said. We are a weak-minded, fragile team against the Rangers. That's something we're not used to seeing.

That was horrific. There's no guarantee that NJ would have tied that game... but that dumb-assed icing call/missed penalty and the missed crosscheck GUARANTEED they wouldn't tie it.

Way to go sh!tty NHL Officiating once again.

I was fully expecting Madden to boomerang toss his stick into the back of that ref at the end of the game. The ref KNEW he fvcked up and all he could do was turn his back to Madden. Madden should have fvcking crosschecked the ref.

These godawful officials need to be held responsible. If they're going to do replays on questionable goals, then it has to done on penalties as well.

It's nothing short of pathetic and ridiculous.

And people wonder why the NHL isn't taken as a "real sport". That game is 100% the reason why.

I am literally spitting angry. This is pathetic.

The NHL sucks.

Welllll that was frustrating to say the least.

By the way, did anyone else decide to mute their television on more than one occasion this evening or was that only me? I think I'm going to go out in a bit for a few drinks. Vodka tonics anyone?

no but i walked out of the room a bunch of times.

and i would love to but dammit 13 y/o's cant drink. there should be acceptions when the devils lose. :rolleyes:

but yeah i couldnt watch some of it.

as they interview the players, how are they so calm. id be screaming. id still be out there now yelling at the refs.

That was the most horrible officiating I've seen in my 30+ years of watching hockey... without doubt.

agreed ive been following since i was bout 6 or 7. and ive never EVER seen such bad officiating.