Disgusting garbage

'7'

Sure not shaking Avery's hand is disrespectful, but Avery doesnt deserve it. He was talking sh!t on Marty's divorce. Probly also said other stuff. Also not facing the play during a PP, and waving his stick at Marty makes me sick.

Avery's antics were bush league to say the least...that is NEVER disputed...but Brodeur going to that level tonight makes Avery the 'winner' in the head games....to me, you just smile, shake his hand, and move on. As hard as it is, it is the best way to combat a punk like Avery.

I guess I just expected more from Marty.

Edited by LOTCB

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's lose with some class.

Marty has been a highlight reel for years. He stole some games and some series in his time (2003 vs. Ottawa? He was pretty insane). And he'll steal some more.

He stole many games for us in the regular season (ex. one game against Washington on the road... I think the final was 2-1 or so... he was unreal).

Anyway, moving on..

Brodeur's not a fraud, his fat ego just got in the way of yet another Devils playoff run by his insistence on playing 75 games a year and once again wearing down at the end of a season.

And to those that say well the team wouldn't have made the playoffs without Marty, maybe that's true judging by what we saw in this series. But what's the point of keeping a sick horse alive a couple weeks longer than it would be otherwise when it's terminally ill?

Maybe it's worth it on the business end for Vanderbeek to make the playoffs and have three home games but was it really worth it in the grand scheme of things? To make the playoffs when you have zero chance of winning it all anyway? Make no mistake this team just was never going to win four series, they couldn't even win a game in regulation after March 15.

I was glad Marty dissed Avery, why should he have to show class to someone that has none? That doesn't make Avery 'the winner', the fact that Marty let in a billion goals makes Avery the winner :P

You seriously think Brodeur is as good as he's being made out to be?

I'm not saying he's a bad goaltender. He's proved too many times that he's not what you think he is. 1994 we wouldn't have played in the conference finals if it wasn't for Terreri bailing us out, 1995 was a cupcake cup were he faced 18 shots a game....it goes on. He doesn't have that airtight, legendary resume like Roy.

you want the guy to score goals too?

you are a jackass. :rant::doh1:

Weekes needs to play 15-17 games next season. Brodeur will be 36. Let him have all the Ranger and Canadien games to keep him happy. Weekes is a capable enough backup (he's even beaten Brodeur in some playoff games himself...)

Avery's antics were bush league to say the least...that is NEVER disputed...but Brodeur going to that level tonight makes Avery the 'winner' in the head games....to me, you just smile, shake his hand, and move on. As hard as it is, it is the best way to combat a punk like Avery.

I guess I just expected more from Marty.

Marty should have punched the guy in the face. How many All Star appearances has Avery made?

What awards has he ever gotten?

He's a sh!t and does not deserve any handshake. It is not a bad reflection on Marty...he's no hypocrite. :koolaid:

Edited by mackchi

Marty should have punched the guy in the face. How many All Star appearances has Avery made?

He's a sh!t and does not deserve any handshake. It is not a bad reflection on Marty...he's no hypocrite. :koolaid:

Agreed, there is a certain level of scum that doesn't deserve anything... Avery is in that level.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

And to me, it is a bad reflection of Marty, Avery WANTS to get in your head, and he clearly showed it got to him.

Your a joke "7" Why dont you go to some games like a real fvcking fan!

I can tell you...7 has passion for his Devils and is FAR from a joke.

7 said some things that do not sit well right now, but he knows the game BIG time...and in some way I do not blame you for some of the reactions, heck I know how I am after a Buffalo loss in the playoffs...

Edited by LOTCB

It just pisses me off when people just sit at home and whine and complain and complain. Get off your a$$ and go to a game.

I dont assume stuff like that..does 7 live close to Newark? Work get in the way, family etc?

To me that is an unfair statement

I can tell you...7 has passion for his Devils and is FAR from a joke.

7 said some things that do not sit well right now, but he knows the game BIG time...and in some way I do not blame you for some of the reactions, heck I know how I am after a Buffalo loss in the playoffs...

I don't think many of the fans here sat through all 4 playoff losses to the Rangers. Nothing grinds my gears more than a loss to the Rags.

It's time to be brutally honest and not kid ourselves. Losing to them, with all there fans in the building, with avery and gomez. That's not ok.

Edited by '7'

I don't think many of the fans here sat through all 4 playoff losses to the Rangers. Nothing grinds my gears more than a loss to the Rags.

I agree with you there...but im there supporting them to the end. To see people leave after the first period was just embarassing.

I had the lovely pleasure of sitting at the arenas for all 4 of the playoff loses. The only game I didn't go to was game 3. :argh:

and before anyone says I'm a jinx. I also attended all 4 playoff games against them in 06.

Edited by Satans Hockey