OOT Scoreboard 6-4 (SC Playoffs - Round 4 - Game 6.)

SatansDevils

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what happened to Osgood being "exposed" and Detroit's "old" team being picked apart? Where are all the haters at now? LOL

Well, reality is reality.

In the end: Zetterberg > Crosby

Welldone SD, all in all, very gratious and unbiased to DET in the end!

RAF's oldest is a spitting image of him!

Edited by DevilinLA

What's to be said? Great series. Detroit is a machine, Pens did right for themselves.

Good to see Rafalski get another cup.

I agree with everything you said. I was rooting for Detroit because of Rafalski (and their goal horn...the best in the biz). So much for that whole "drafting near the bottom of the round" argument... :whistling:

I agree with everything you said. I was rooting for Detroit because of Rafalski (and their goal horn...the best in the biz). So much for that whole "drafting near the bottom of the round" argument... :whistling:

Ken Holland and his scouts just have an eye for talent: Schneider signing in Anaheim was a blessing in disguise for the Wings. Rafalski was the best free agent signing all of last year.

Drafting Zetterberg (drafted 210th overall), Datsyuk (picked 177th), Franzen (97th), Filipula (95th), Holmstrom (257th) is simply brilliant.

And Babcock proved his one of the best coaches in the NHL.

Congrats to RAFI and the WINGS

Can anyone think of a flukier Cup-winning goal? I feel bad for Fleury though it is pretty funny. He shoots the puck of his own guy and into the net in the WJC gold medal game, and then in the Stanley Cup Finals he manages to seal the deal by pushing it in while trying to sit on it.

so does Barasso, but Barasso might make it due to his other accomplishemnts & that he's American.

The one keeper who deserves it for sure is Richter.

Both are eligible this year, but neither might get in just yet.

This is true. I do think Richter gets in because he was a NYR and I also think Barasso gets in becuase he has won 2 SCC. Sometimes that alone puts a player in the HOF.

Can anyone think of a flukier Cup-winning goal? I feel bad for Fleury though it is pretty funny. He shoots the puck of his own guy and into the net in the WJC gold medal game, and then in the Stanley Cup Finals he manages to seal the deal by pushing it in while trying to sit on it.

It was a bad goal by Fleury and I am sure he is having bad thoughts still on that goal he let in. Game 6 could have been a different outlook if it wasn't for that bad goal. Pittsburgh was reeling after that goal as Detroit kept putting the pressure on to get that 3rd insurance goal which clinched them their 11th SCC and 4th SCC in 11 years.

Fleury thought he had the puck, the defensemen should have been looking out for him. Fleury should not have moved, and wouldn't have too if the defensemen were more alert.

Yeah. At first I was saying to myself why didn't the refs blow the whistle? They waited and one of the refs behind the goal still had sight of the puck as it squirted in off of Fleury's backside (ass!).

Well, reality is reality.

In the end: Zetterberg > Crosby

Welldone SD, all in all, very gratious and unbiased to DET in the end!

RAF's oldest is a spitting image of him!

Thanks DevlinLA. :)

I may hate Detroit with a passion but they were the better team and they deserved to win the SC. Pittsburgh made it a series but fell short and they will be back. I wanted to see Pittsburgh win because mainly of Sykora to finally get a chance to celebrate the SC on the ice instead of a hospital bed like he did in the 2000 SCF. Unfortunately he has been on the losing side the last three times he was in the SCF losing with the Devils in 2001, Ducks in 2003 which was OK :P and losing here in 2008 with the Penguins.

Detroit was like a machine and they finally closed this series in the 3rd period where they almost choked again in the waiting seconds of Game 6. I was just hoping for a good series and for it to go to Game 7 but it was still a good series and even though I despise Detroit I give them all the credit in the world for winning the SC. Well done. Season over. Long summer ahead.

Edited by SatansDevils

The better team won. It wasn't the best Stanley Cup Final, but it sure had its moments, with unforgettable game 5. I didn't really care about the outcome, I wanted to see 7 games. It didn't happen unfortunately, but still... July 1st is the date I'm really waiting for.

The better team won. It wasn't the best Stanley Cup Final, but it sure had its moments, with unforgettable game 5. I didn't really care about the outcome, I wanted to see 7 games. It didn't happen unfortunately, but still... July 1st is the date I'm really waiting for.

That was one of the best finals ever.

Honestly I was a little suprised that when CBC interviewed Lidstrom on ice and asked him if there was any guys he'd like to talk about that he didn't make any mention of the kid that left the team to be at Bourdons funeral and missed last nights game...But I can see how it would skip his mind considering he just won the cup..for the 54th time...:P

Somehow for me, this win wasn't exciting, almost like it was inevitable that Detoit was going to win...

That was one of the best finals ever.

You're kidding, right? Or did you mean game 5 as one of the best games played in the Stanley Cup Final?

The first two games weren't really exciting with the Wings winning easily. The Penguins tried to rally, they managed to limit Detroit's lead to one game twice, but in my eyes the Red Wings were in control throughout the whole series. Other than game 5, I didn't find the final all that spectacular. We had some pretty neat finals during the last decade or so and the 2008 one didn't impress me that much.

Fleury did the right thing by laying down on it, it's just a complete fluke that in doing so he ended up somehow pushing it in the net.

I agree. That's the normal move goaltenders do in those situations. Nine out of 10 times, they fall flat on their backs and cover it up. ... Problem was, by the time Fleury did it, the puck had already come out.

Like MantaRay said, the defenseman should've had his back.

I agree. That's the normal move goaltenders do in those situations. Nine out of 10 times, they fall flat on their backs and cover it up. ... Problem was, by the time Fleury did it, the puck had already come out.

Like MantaRay said, the defenseman should've had his back.

That third goal was much more on MAF's dmen then it was on MAF.

He did what any goalie in his right mind would do in that situation....fall flat on your back.

The bloody puck was lying in the crease behind him. The dmen should have been there to see it come out like that. That would have put them in position, or even one of them, to get it out of harm's way by way of jamming it back under him, jumping in and covering it themselves, or winging it to the corner. They should have had his back.

MAF did absolutely nothing wrong on that play.

It was his defense that screwed the pooch, him, and any further chance they had to win that game.

Another thought on game six at the Igloo in fact, on all of the games in the finals.

I don't EVER AGAIN want to hear complaints and crying from Therrien wrt to obstruction from other teams (clutching, grabbing, holding, and tripping).

Pittsburg trapped the hell out of everyone the entire season and the postseason and no one in the East had an answer for what they were doing or how to stop it. If they did know they weren't equipped with the talent or muscle to accomplish it. A trap by any other name is still a trap.

Only when the Pengwhines got to Detroit in the finals, did they meet their matches. Hell!!!! The Dings were their daddy when it came to the trap game.

In the end, the Pens play the trap just as much as everyone else does, the Dings were just better at it then they were.

Lose the 'tude and crying, mon ami.

You just got schooled in how the trap is REALLY played.