CMON NHL DRAFT THREAD 6-20.

CMONPETEYD

Now that the cup is over, we can start focusing more on the offseason, the team and the draft.

Lets Hope that Conte and Crew stick with the books, stay on the board and draft smart.

Trade Gionta and # 21 to Buffalo for Kotalik and # 13 overall.

Lets see it happen.

CMON LOU LETS GO MAKE THE TRADE DO IT........

Thoguhts???

Edited by CMONBRENT

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Carlson would be a fine pick, but he is probably going sooner than was first expected.

This year would be a great time to trade up, so do it Lou.

SIDEBAR: Thats a really cheesey thread title. I love it... :rolling:

Just suprised to see all this hatred towards Gionta. If the Devils do trade Gionta I do hope it is for someone that will score goals and will improve this team. I don't just want to "give away" Gionta for some schmuck or draft picks. I don't know if Lou would even trade Gionta since that one great season he had scoring 48 goals. If anything, Gionta needs to play like he did that 2005-06 season.

CMONLOU... Get your head out of the gutter and prepare for the draft. I can'r have you drafting me sh!tty players again.

Have you forgotten who signs your paycheck?

Brent, you are walking a very thin line.

Just have confidence in my ability to get information from other GM's and make the best picks for this franchise, a talent I have mastered over the years.

It is funny, I was eyeballing the space behind the bench again and wondering how I would look in that spot again....

Just suprised to see all this hatred towards Gionta. If the Devils do trade Gionta I do hope it is for someone that will score goals and will improve this team. I don't just want to "give away" Gionta for some schmuck or draft picks. I don't know if Lou would even trade Gionta since that one great season he had scoring 48 goals. If anything, Gionta needs to play like he did that 2005-06 season.

Agreed 100%. Last year for whatever reason Gionta sat along the boards way too much. When he goes to the net (Game 5 of the Ranger series for example) he's still a quality player. If you want to trade him fine, but I don't get the hatred either. It's not as if he's ever been mouthy or a problem off the ice or bad defensively. Hell people wanted him shuttled out for Havlat last year, how bad would that have been? We might have missed the playoffs entirely when Havlat got hurt getting off the plane :P

Yes his numbers went down when Gomez and Rafalski left, guess what nobody on this team other than Zach (who was a tad inconsistent himself) had a good offensive year. If you bring in one or two offensive players worth a darn, everyone's numbers will go up including Gionta. I don't know how you do it without spending millions of dollars in UFA since our farm system's worth zilch right now but a lateral trade is rarely the answer.

Edited by Hasan4978

It's not that I have hatred towards Gio, it's just I feel that without a playmaking center i.e. Gomez, Gionta isn't playing to his full ability and is taking up a spot that another scoring forward who isn't as reliable on a playmaking center could take.

Agreed 100%. Last year for whatever reason Gionta sat along the boards way too much. When he goes to the net (Game 5 of the Ranger series for example) he's still a quality player. If you want to trade him fine, but I don't get the hatred either. It's not as if he's ever been mouthy or a problem off the ice or bad defensively. Hell people wanted him shuttled out for Havlat last year, how bad would that have been? We might have missed the playoffs entirely when Havlat got hurt getting off the plane :P

Yes his numbers went down when Gomez and Rafalski left, guess what nobody on this team other than Zach (who was a tad inconsistent himself) had a good offensive year. If you bring in one or two offensive players worth a darn, everyone's numbers will go up including Gionta. I don't know how you do it without spending millions of dollars in UFA since our farm system's worth zilch right now but a lateral trade is rarely the answer.

Agreed.

As far as Havlat, I would not have traded Gionta for him. Gionta is not often injured as Havlat. :P

Have to give Gionta a chance here next season and see how he does. Patience goes a long way and it is running out here I think for Gionta if he does not produce next season. He has been lost without the sh!thead Gomez and Rafalski. he should have produced more with Elias and Parise when he was on their lines.

Have you forgotten who signs your paycheck?

Brent, you are walking a very thin line.

Just have confidence in my ability to get information from other GM's and make the best picks for this franchise, a talent I have mastered over the years.

It is funny, I was eyeballing the space behind the bench again and wondering how I would look in that spot again....

I think it's time to start looking in the mirror Lou. the coaching carousel has gone on for a while and the results of the team have stayed the same. Maybe it's not the coach, but the personnel you are providing.

I don't care, fire me......... step behind the bench and lets see you do a better job.

My last parting shot.... CMON Vladimir Malakhov

I think it's time to start looking in the mirror Lou. the coaching carousel has gone on for a while and the results of the team have stayed the same. Maybe it's not the coach, but the personnel you are providing.

I don't care, fire me......... step behind the bench and lets see you do a better job.

My last parting shot.... CMON Vladimir Malakhov

You are getting very close to receiving this at your home:

bttf2(13)you_re_fired_fax.jpg

I think the reason why a lot of people keep mentioning trading away gionta is because he is one of our only tradeable yet replaceable players. I dont think it is always because they hate him or the way he plays. I agree with the people mentioning the way he played last season vs just going to the net. I think if we want a playmaking center for this team so badly like people have been mentioning in this thread, then it may need to be through a trade involving gio as a piece of that trade. There arent many worthwhile playmaking centers available this year through UFA (Sundin, Langkow), and only a handful of defensemen (which we also need, but so does everyone else), yet there are quite a few wingers available this year as UFA that can provide the same production or more (hossa) that gio brings. If we really want to balance our team out, then gio may be an asset to trade away (we already have clarkson, langs, halischuk, palmieri, tallackson, and bergfors that play RW, so it's not like are weak in that position).

Now, I'm no expert gm or anything, but I guess it possible that maybe gio also has no trade value since there are so many UFA wingers available this year. who knows, maybe a team really wants gio specifically and we'll get lucky.

Ultimately though, I think the question is if Lou want to balance our team out by positional needs, and if he does, then gio may be a guy worth parting with. I've never hated the guy though. He's as likable as they come.

I think the reason why a lot of people keep mentioning trading away gionta is because he is one of our only tradeable yet replaceable players. I dont think it is always because they hate him or the way he plays. I agree with the people mentioning the way he played last season vs just going to the net. I think if we want a playmaking center for this team so badly like people have been mentioning in this thread, then it may need to be through a trade involving gio as a piece of that trade. There arent many worthwhile playmaking centers available this year through UFA (Sundin, Langkow), and only a handful of defensemen (which we also need, but so does everyone else), yet there are quite a few wingers available this year as UFA that can provide the same production or more (hossa) that gio brings. If we really want to balance our team out, then gio may be an asset to trade away (we already have clarkson, langs, halischuk, palmieri, tallackson, and bergfors that play RW, so it's not like are weak in that position).

Now, I'm no expert gm or anything, but I guess it possible that maybe gio also has no trade value since there are so many UFA wingers available this year. who knows, maybe a team really wants gio specifically and we'll get lucky.

Ultimately though, I think the question is if Lou want to balance our team out by positional needs, and if he does, then gio may be a guy worth parting with. I've never hated the guy though. He's as likable as they come.

I want us to get someone who "will" play in the NHL. Players like Ness, Bailey or Boychuk have hockey smarts and a winning attitude I think would really fit on our eam. Del Zotto is a guy I wouldn't mind seeing u select, he understands the game and can be used in more roles then most think. He is this years Mike Green.

:lol: I'll take your word for it, its just... member #2405 and member #2406...both created in the same day... I guess I just made an assumption. Meh.

Oh of course... we created the concept together... and joined one after the other. I piggybacked off of him.

Down to 1 week 6 days.............. CMON CONTE... time to start preparing ;)

i have a few websites for you to use.... for reference

www.hockeysfuture.com

njdevs.com/draftjohn_carlson_html

www.pleasedontmessthisoneup.org

www.timetotradegionta.net

Down to 1 week 5 Days

Jun. 12: NHL Award Presentations

Jun. 15: Deadline for first club-elected salary arbitration

Jun. 15 - 20: Buyout period for contracts

Jun. 20 - 21: NHL Entry Draft in Ottawa

Jul. 1: Free Agency period begins

Jul. 5: Deadline for player-elected salary arbitration

Jul. 6: Deadline for club-elected salary arbitration

Jul. 20 - Aug. 4 : Salary arbitration hearings held

Aug. 6: Deadline for arbitration decisions to be rendered

Um DUDE.... different people.

ask Rowdy... he'll tell yah

CMON... Split Personalities??? :P

At least the hockey draft gives me SOMETHING to follow and pay attention to now.....

Down to 1 week 5 Days

Jun. 12: NHL Award Presentations

Jun. 15: Deadline for first club-elected salary arbitration

Jun. 15 - 20: Buyout period for contracts

Jun. 20 - 21: NHL Entry Draft in Ottawa

Jul. 1: Free Agency period begins

Jul. 5: Deadline for player-elected salary arbitration

Jul. 6: Deadline for club-elected salary arbitration

Jul. 20 - Aug. 4 : Salary arbitration hearings held

Aug. 6: Deadline for arbitration decisions to be rendered

So do we have anyone eligible for the June 15th arbitration deadline?