CMON NHL DRAFT THREAD 6-20.

CMONPETEYD

Devils seem to be getting a bunch of guys who can skate, which is good.

gotta love the NHL Network feed "we don't even know if he's here". he's not listed on any scouting services, but the Devils called him a month ago and said they liked him.

man - this is why we see so many misses late with the devils the last few years. one of these reaches out of nowhere has to payoff, right?

How many 5th round picks pay off no matter what?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HF won't load for me suddenly, but I liked what I saw stats-wise on Wohlberg. 6 points in 6 games (5 goals and an assist) with the U-18 team (I think) last year. 100+ points with his Midwest League team a few years ago.

I can't find a scouting report on him. But it seems like he may be a bit of a power forward. Big center, seems like he is strong both ways, good pick.

2005-06: Wohlberg compiled 104 points (34 goals, 70 assists) as his team, Honeybaked of the Midwest Elite Hockey League, won the Michigan AAA state title.

2006-07: Wohlberg had a strong season for the U-17 squad, finishing second on the team in points (31), tied for third in goals (15), and tied for third in assists (16). He also led the team in PIM with 147, and was a force on the power play, finishing in the top five on the team in power play goals with 6.

2007-08: Wohlberg played in six games with the U-17 team, dominating the play with six points (five goals, one assist). Wohlberg joined the U-18 team and played in 53 games, once again leading his team in PIM with 71, to go along with 25 points (14 goals, 11 assists). NHL Central Scouting currently ranks Wohlberg 172 overall

Wohlberg is a capable two-way player. He has offensive talent and will not shy away from physical play.

Future

Wohlberg has committed to play for the University of Michigan.

Anyone who plays for a team called Honeybaked is cool in my book. B )

Took until the 6th round for someone to take Justin Azevedo - he of the 43 goals and 81 assists in the OHL this year. He's also 20 years old.

Surprised he was even drafted. He's probably peaked. He has good vision/sense of what's going on around him, and that's pretty much it.

So, if we call him an extremely poor man's Gomez and Gomez has never progressed a whole lot since his arrival to the NHL, this kid has zero chance of playing in the NHL.

Surprised he was even drafted. He's probably peaked. He has good vision/sense of what's going on around him, and that's pretty much it.

So, if we call him an extremely poor man's Gomez and Gomez has never progressed a whole lot since his arrival to the NHL, this kid has zero chance of playing in the NHL.

well yeah but the kings have 10 million picks. azevedo is a low-risk high upside player. obviously he makes no impact in the NHL unless he's a star level player.

TB just wasted a pick, David Carle is no longer able to play hockey due to a heart condition.

Devils take Harry Young, defenseman, 6'4 204, 17 fights last year, 155 PIM in 68 games. Awesome stats, sounds like a real tough player.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/3291

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=89732

From hockeyfights:

166. Jean-Sebastien Berube, LW, Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL) - Role player. Does nothing great but as a role player he wil ldo whatever asked and really suited to a 3rd line/energy role. Hits anything that moves and will fight to protect a team-mate or spark his team.

well yeah but the kings have 10 million picks. azevedo is a low-risk high upside player. obviously he makes no impact in the NHL unless he's a star level player.

I just don't like throwing away picks. Then again, we do that with regularity. This Nagy kid, I don't think we needed to draft him in the 5th round, if we liked him, we might not even have needed to draft him. "Might not" is giving them the benefit of doubt.

Who took him?

Nevermind, just found out, the Kings...

So if he doesn't make the Kings right out of training camp, he'll probably be playing in the AHL in Manchester or ECHL in Reading. The Kings will have him in their development program right away. That's not a bad way to "grow" talent, and he might turn out to be a better pick than, say, Kirill Tulupov.

So if he doesn't make the Kings right out of training camp, he'll probably be playing in the AHL in Manchester or ECHL in Reading. The Kings will have him in their development program right away. That's not a bad way to "grow" talent, and he might turn out to be a better pick than, say, Kirill Tulupov.

Reading isn't the Kings ECHL team anymore. The Kings have their own team in California now called the Ontario Reign.

Ontario is a new team that starts next season.

Edited by Satans Hockey