Edge and the Devils once again

Satans Hockey

I didn't wanna be the one to say this, but no one has so I'll spit it out...

Do we really wanna brag about having a WWE "wrestler" as a fan?

These guys are no talent white trash athletes (using that term loosely) that are white trashes response to broadway - not to sports.

Maybe he's a nice guy, I love the make a wish foundation, but Im sure the NHL doesn't want to be mentioned in the same sentence as the WWE.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he's a nice guy, I love the make a wish foundation, but Im sure the NHL doesn't want to be mentioned in the same sentence as the WWE.

The WWE gives so much back in terms of charity, as does the NHL. I don't follow the WWE as much as I used to but fans of theirs can be proud of the work the WWE does to give back.

You obviously don't watch wrestling so you're in a very poor position to talk about their talent or not. You may not like the product but many of the wrestlers are fantastic athletes so to say they have no talent is unfair.

Edited by Devils731

The WWE gives so much back in terms of charity, as does the NHL. I don't follow the WWE as much as I used to but fans of theirs can be proud of the work the WWE does to give back.

You obviously don't watch wrestling so you're in a very poor position to talk about their talent or not. You may not like the product but many of the wrestlers are fantastic athletes so to say they have no talent is unfair.

You got me wrong, I watch wrestling - real wrestling (high school, college, olympics). What the WWE is is an insult to that legitamate sport. Genuwine wrestling tests endurance, speed, agility, and will power. WWE tests who has the coolest intro music and who Vince McMahon wants to get hit with a chair this week. Please, don't call that musical wrestling.

You got me wrong, I watch wrestling - real wrestling (high school, college, olympics). What the WWE is is an insult to that legitamate sport. Genuwine wrestling tests endurance, speed, agility, and will power. WWE tests who has the coolest intro music and who Vince McMahon wants to get hit with a chair this week. Please, don't call that musical wrestling.

It doesn't claim to be a legitimate sport. I don't have you wrong, you don't watch WWE westling and know nothing of the product or what they do in terms of charity.

I didn't wanna be the one to say this, but no one has so I'll spit it out...

Do we really wanna brag about having a WWE "wrestler" as a fan?

These guys are no talent white trash athletes (using that term loosely) that are white trashes response to broadway - not to sports.

Aw snap, you gone and done it now!

:ECW::e-drama::ECW:

I really love when hockey fans talk down about other sports or athletic contests and totally forget what people who are outside of the sub-culture of hockey fans think of THEIR sport, and then get all pissed off at them....

....hypocritical much ? :P

I really love when hockey fans talk down about other sports or athletic contests and totally forget what people who are outside of the sub-culture of hockey fans think of THEIR sport, and then get all pissed off at them....

....hypocritical much ? :P

Aren't you the guy who trashes the NBA once and a while?

How old are you?

To say these guys have no talent and no athletic ability is absurd. A lot of "real wrestlers" go on to become WWE (the E does stand for entertainment) wrestlers.

Could you do what these guys do every night? Could you sacrifice your body over 200 nights a year? I'd love to see you go try to perform for 18,000 people.

It's fine not to like the WWE but if you really believe these guys are nothing more than white trash than I truly feel sorry for you.

Also the WWE goes overseas to put on shows for the troops. They go set up their ring and equipment in the middle of the war zones just to get the troops minds off what they are doing over there. I don't see any other sports doing that.

Check out this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEVw8NaQb8...feature=related

Edited by Satans Hockey

How old are you?

To say these guys have no talent and no athletic ability is absurd. A lot of "real wrestlers" go on to become WWE (the E does stand for entertainment) wrestlers.

Could you do what these guys do every night? Could you sacrifice your body over 200 years a night? I'd love to see you go try to perform for 18,000 people.

It's fine not to like the WWE but if you really believe these guys are nothing more than white trash than I truly feel sorry for you.

Also the WWE goes overseas to put on shows for the troops. They go set up their ring and equipment in the middle of the war zones just to get the troops minds off what they are doing over there. I don't see any other sports doing that.

Check out this video...

Well put SH. Regardless of wether someone is a wrestling fan or not, you have to appreciate the physical toll that the sport takes on these ATHLETES. These guys are "athletic entertainers". They have my respect.

How old are you?

Could you do what these guys do every night? Could you sacrifice your body over 200 nights a year? I'd love to see you go try to perform for 18,000 people.

Check out this video...

I don't understand what the point of your post is. A lot of people go and visit the troops, but that does not mean they are to be admired. Kathie Griffin, Nick Lachey, 50 cent, Sinbad, Jessica Simpson, and Don King among them. Good for them, but it's not like I cant criticize Jessica Simpson's music because she made a paid appearance with the USO in Afghanistan.

Can I do what the "entertainers" do every night? No, but I don't think many of them could be mutual fund managers either. Theres a lot of professions I wouldnt be very good at, like distributing the steroids and drugs that these guys juice up on - Honestly, how many sketchy wrestling deaths/ODs have there been? They have a way bigger issue than baseball or the NFL ever had.

I don't understand what the point of your post is. A lot of people go and visit the troops, but that does not mean they are to be admired. Kathie Griffin, Nick Lachey, 50 cent, Sinbad, Jessica Simpson, and Don King among them. Good for them, but it's not like I cant criticize Jessica Simpson's music because she made a paid appearance with the USO in Afghanistan.

Can I do what the "entertainers" do every night? No, but I don't think many of them could be mutual fund managers either. Theres a lot of professions I wouldnt be very good at, like distributing the steroids and drugs that these guys juice up on - Honestly, how many sketchy wrestling deaths/ODs have there been? They have a way bigger issue than baseball or the NFL ever had.

The NFL has the exact same problems. They're just good at protecting themselves because they control their media. Run a bad story on the NFL, no NFL for you.

For example (the rare case of the guy kooking out while still on the job).... Barett Robbins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_Robbins

There's a solid history of the big NFL players (most lineman) that retire and either go insane or have their hearts explode. Seems like one a month on the running tape of their news, guys in their late 30's/early 40's dropping dead. About the same age the wrestlers typically die, problem is the wrestlers wrestle into their old age, the football players retire much earlier than that and go home.

Don't want to forget baseball players. No baseball players should be dying of anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Caminiti

This one was also strange, I was trying to remember exactly what pitcher passed of a heart attack at a very early age for that. It was Darryl

Kile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darryl_Kile

Edited by maxpower

The NFL has the exact same problems. They're just good at protecting themselves because they control their media. Run a bad story on the NFL, no NFL for you.

For example (the rare case of the guy kooking out while still on the job).... Barett Robbins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_Robbins

There's a solid history of the big NFL players (most lineman) that retire and either go insane or have their hearts explode. Seems like one a month on the running tape of their news, guys in their late 30's/early 40's dropping dead. About the same age the wrestlers typically die, problem is the wrestlers wrestle into their old age, the football players retire much earlier than that and go home.

You used a bad example to make a good point. Barett Robbins was bipolar - (I could be wrong, but) I don't think the NFL did that. I'm not going to defend a league with its share of problems: Pacman, Chris Henry, Leonard Little, OJ Simpson. I'm just arguing that WWF/WCW/NWO/WWE or whatever that league calls itself these days has more issues.

I guess I don't understand how seeing whether a juiced up commisioner in his 60s is gonna have to shave his head because he decided he wanted his wrestler to find the hidden street sign under the ring before the other guy.

You used a bad example to make a good point. Barett Robbins was bipolar - (I could be wrong, but) I don't think the NFL did that. I'm not going to defend a league with its share of problems: Pacman, Chris Henry, Leonard Little, OJ Simpson. I'm just arguing that WWF/WCW/NWO/WWE or whatever that league calls itself these days has more issues.

I guess I don't understand how seeing whether a juiced up commisioner in his 60s is gonna have to shave his head because he decided he wanted his wrestler to find the hidden street sign under the ring before the other guy.

Barett Robbins was bipolar and played C, cracking his head for a living. He was also a roid freak. You were pointing out that they and baseball have less problems, I don't know that to be 100% the case. I think the NFL has a sh!tload of problems but does a good job of shutting it up. The way the retired players get treated is disgraceful and they seem to be dying off early at an unacceptable rate, because of head/heart issues. Which is the same reasons the wrestlers all drop dead.

I'm not even getting into the criminal aspect of it. I'm just talking about the drug abuse/head injury/physical breakdown issue. The NFL really gets a pass on it, and baseball isn't exactly saintly. Funny thing is, when's the last time something like this happened to a hockey player? At least in the short term, I don't remember it happening too often, if at all. Other than a couple of DUI accidents.

The main point of my post is that these guys are great athletes. You have to have stamina, agility and great athletic ability to do what they do in the ring every night.

The troops thing is just another example of what good they do since you called them white trash.

Aren't you the guy who trashes the NBA once and a while?

Constantly :P

But I:

1. don't go into an NBA thread and do it

2. ....now kinda have to watch it somewhat since my future wife is a Spurs fan cause of Ginoboli :P

3. Remember when the NBA was a FAR superior game then it is now (basically take 7's hockey comments and dribble them!)

and I trash the NBA as a sport and not actual fans who watch it... he turned his nose to those of us who enjoy our choreographed manly violence (sprinkled in with moments of KONG!! :ECW: )

You are probably watching too much Nancy Grace. The WWE is doing just fine when it comes to these issues.

The WWE has been pretty strict with their drug testing and if you don't know their wellness policy...

For testing positive the first time, a performer will be suspended for 30 days without pay.

A second positive test results in a 60-day suspension without pay or if the doctor determines, in-patient care at a substance abuse facility, during which the performer also will be suspended without pay.

A third positive test results in termination.

The WWE offers rehab and treatment programs to anyone who was under contract with them, so anyone who is no longer under contract can get free rehab treatment if they want it.

You are probably watching too much Nancy Grace. The WWE is doing just fine when it comes to these issues.

The WWE has been pretty strict with their drug testing and if you don't know their wellness policy...

For testing positive the first time, a performer will be suspended for 30 days without pay.

A second positive test results in a 60-day suspension without pay or if the doctor determines, in-patient care at a substance abuse facility, during which the performer also will be suspended without pay.

A third positive test results in termination.

The WWE offers rehab and treatment programs to anyone who was under contract with them, so anyone who is no longer under contract can get free rehab treatment if they want it.

Come on... baseball has a strict steroid policy that didn't deter Roger Clemens the past 5 years. If you really don't think steroids are a problem look at the 62 year old commissioner that could bench press a firetruck with muscles on his eyebrows. Did Eddie Guerrero test positive? how bout Benoit? Bam bam bigelow? Andre the Giant? How bout Kurt Engle and Rey Mysterio - both of whom were linked to Applied, the Alabama Pharmacy last year. I guess theyre doing just fine though.

Come on... baseball has a strict steroid policy that didn't deter Roger Clemens the past 5 years. If you really don't think steroids are a problem look at the 62 year old commissioner that could bench press a firetruck with muscles on his eyebrows. Did Eddie Guerrero test positive? how bout Benoit? Bam bam bigelow? Andre the Giant? How bout Kurt Engle and Rey Mysterio - both of whom were linked to Applied, the Alabama Pharmacy last year. I guess theyre doing just fine though.

The WWE put in the new strict policy after the Benoit thing and they have been following threw with it. They have suspended guys right in the middle of the big pushes they were receiving.

To clear up some of your statements...

Andre the Giant never took steroids. He had giantism and that is why he died.

Bam Bam left WWF(now WWE) in 1995. He had a lot of other sh!t going on his life and he overdosed on coke and some other sh!t. The WWE is not responsible for that.

Eddie was clean when he died, but the damage was already done to his body.

It's Kurt Angle.

Edited by Satans Hockey

2. ....now kinda have to watch it somewhat since my future wife is a Spurs fan cause of Ginoboli :P

3. Remember when the NBA was a FAR superior game then it is now (basically take 7's hockey comments and dribble them!)

Sorry Crasher...you couldn't be more wrong. You might have been able to say that at the beginning of the post Jordan era (the 2nd retirement) but the talent level and entertainment value has never been this high. The amount of skilled players in the league is incredible.

As for watching the Spurs...you'll be watching the Devils of the NBA.

The WWE put in the new strict policy after the Benoit thing and they have been following threw with it. They have suspended guys right in the middle of the big pushes they were receiving.

To clear up some of your statements...

Andre the Giant never took steroids. He had giantism and that is why he died.

Bam Bam left WWF(now WWE) in 1995. He had a lot of other sh!t going on his life and he overdosed on coke and some other sh!t. The WWE is not responsible for that.

Eddie was clean when he died, but the damage was already done to his body.

It's Kurt Angle.

Andre died of a heart attack, much like the NFL lineman that juice up too much.

According to Wikipedia: "On March 3, 2007, the Tampa Tribune reported that autopsy results showed that Bigelow's death was due to multiple drugs found in his system including toxic levels of cocaine and the benzodiazepine, temazepam"

Eddie Guerero died - you're never gonna believe this - of heart failure. Believe it or not, the steroids that put such a heavy strain on your hearts ability to pump blood into your muscels can actually negatively affect your heart in the long run.

I'm not gonna blame every wrestlers death on the league - for instance the Owen Hart thing was obviously an accident. Having said that, the steroid thing was not my big issue with the league. If you want to embrace the WWE, I'm not trying to rain on your parade. For me, though, Sports is about competition to prove who is the best at something. I enjoy the UFC because they haven't stooped to written storylines... they just fight. If you want to compare pro wrestling to watching laguna beach or a soap opera - I have no problem. But - back to the original argument - I don't think the lead actors of soap opera's are the people I want to be proud of being a devils fan.

But thats just me.

Andre died of a heart attack, much like the NFL lineman that juice up too much.

According to Wikipedia: "On March 3, 2007, the Tampa Tribune reported that autopsy results showed that Bigelow's death was due to multiple drugs found in his system including toxic levels of cocaine and the benzodiazepine, temazepam"

Eddie Guerero died - you're never gonna believe this - of heart failure. Believe it or not, the steroids that put such a heavy strain on your hearts ability to pump blood into your muscels can actually negatively affect your heart in the long run.

I'm not gonna blame every wrestlers death on the league - for instance the Owen Hart thing was obviously an accident. Having said that, the steroid thing was not my big issue with the league. If you want to embrace the WWE, I'm not trying to rain on your parade. For me, though, Sports is about competition to prove who is the best at something. I enjoy the UFC because they haven't stooped to written storylines... they just fight. If you want to compare pro wrestling to watching laguna beach or a soap opera - I have no problem. But - back to the original argument - I don't think the lead actors of soap opera's are the people I want to be proud of being a devils fan.

But thats just me.

Again - Andre the Giant didn't die from taking steroids. He had pituitary gigantism which cause him to always have growth hormone excess. He choose not to get it fixed and that is why he died.

Again - Bam had nothing to do with steroids.

It's called Sports Entertainment!!! Everyone over the age of 13 knows that wrestling isn't a real sport because they know the outcomes are determined. People watch it because it's entertaining. I don't understand your UFC comment, this kind of wrestling has always had storylines, it's nothing new.

Also the UFC does try to add in storylines when they can. Why do you think they picked Serra and Hughes as coaches for the ultimate fighter 6? That wasn't just a coincidence. They knew those 2 didn't like each other so they set the show up based around them. The same way they did with Ortiz and Shamrock for ultimate fighter 3. I've watched UFC since day 1 and I love it but I've never compared it to WWE cause it's two entirely different things.

Edited by Satans Hockey