Goal Song Idea

NewarkDevil5

I'm prepared to get flamed on this one, but how about using the chorus from "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen as the goal song? The red light goes on, the horn sounds and the crowd breaks out into "GLORY DAYS!! YEAH THEY PASS YOU BY, GLORY DAYS!! GLORY DAAAAAYS!!" Maybe its just because thats my favorite song by the Boss, but I think it kinda fits.

Eh I think some people would view it as us reminiscing about our three Cups rather than the goal that just happened.

Exactly. It would be saying that our best days are behind us and all we can do now is sit back and talk about those great days when we could challenge for the Stanley Cup.

Maybe it's appropriate.

Exactly. It would be saying that our best days are behind us and all we can do now is sit back and talk about those great days when we could challenge for the Stanley Cup.

Maybe it's appropriate.

No, we're not the Rangers.

"Sleep now in the Fire" has a cool chorus by Rage against the machine: "Hey, Hey, Sleep now in the Fire!" But its a bit too angry for a family friendly environment, lol. And, of course, the band is anti-American. So I basically shot down my own proposal, lol. But I'd love to hear that if we played the Rags or the Flyers.

Here's the song for those unfamiliar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu67yo-3jfw

Edited by The Facepainter

Thats true, but I was just thinking what the band's message is throughout all their songs. The band's political views might ruin this song's chance as a goal song. But I was just predicting. It is just a song. Anyway I can't really think of many songs, I just know that I want the "ole ole" song out. The "HEY, HEY, HEY" song in the forum link above is good. It looked like they were going to email that to whomever has authority over the devil's goal song.

"Sleep now in the Fire" has a cool chorus by Rage against the machine: "Hey, Hey, Sleep now in the Fire!" But its a bit too angry for a family friendly environment, lol. And, of course, the band is anti-American.

I wouldn't call them anti-American at all. They want what they believe to be best for America as a whole. If they were anti-American they would just sing about destroying America.

I mentioned this one before, to nary a response:

But I think the chorus would be great:

"GIMME AN R.... O.... C.... K.....

WHATYA GOT? ROCK!!!

AND WHATCHA GONNA DO?!?! ROCK YOU!!"

Yeah, it's cheesy 80s music.... but it's a hell of a lot better than Ole.