GDT 10/11/2008 Devils @ Pittsburgh 7:30PM

Dadds3424

Dump? common man, its an awesome arena. Lol but its weird, being a new Devils fan, its going to be weird telling all of my Knicks fans who I'm friends w/ bcuz most of them are Rangers fans as well. Its kinda off lol.

no, it's a dump :P

sightlines suck

vendors in your face all night

meal combos that don't count soda (like... really :blink: )

18 NHL arenas I've gone to and MSG is in the bottom 5!!!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the arena is all about history, so in some peoples' minds it might be beautiful, but in most peoples' eyes... it looks like a round poopy.

About the game..it reminded me of detroit vs pittsburgh in the past final. Detroit beat the crap out of the pens, but somehow the pens were still in every game and in the series. I'm really excited about this team after that game. Last year, you'd never see the devils holding the penguins to 6 shots in the last 2 periods, and peppering fleury with 30 or more of their own.

By the way... does anyone have to deal with a stubborn devils fan like my father? Who will never say anything positive about the team he roots for. Nothing is good enough unless he sees the stanley cup lineup of 1995-2001 on the ice, in their youth. He actually stopped watching after the first period and said the pens were the better team, lol.

Anyway great win!! Lets kill the rags monday!!!

...they're not the same team:

No Marian Hossa, Ryan Malone, Gary Roberts, Mark Recchi or Ty Conklin

Sergei Gonchar and Ryan Whitney on IR.

And Petr Sykora missed tonight's game with injury as well.

That's about 1/3 of the roster and some key players at that.

That's something to keep in mind about the game.

Still, though, outstanding effort by the Devs!!

no, it's a dump :P

sightlines suck

vendors in your face all night

meal combos that don't count soda (like... really :blink: )

18 NHL arenas I've gone to and MSG is in the bottom 5!!!

Colorado and Dallas are top notch.

In Denver you can get the best food fit for as king ( no Crash not the LA Kings :P ) and in Dallas, well, you can get "wut yu wont"

I like the Pepsi center, you can go outside for a smoke between periods (mid level/club mezzanine) :koolaid:

Biggest problem with MSG are the sightlines. There are some really terrible seats.

Watching the replay, here's what I've seen through two:

Despite the shot totals and disregarding the last minute of play in the second, the quality scoring chances looked to be either about even or favoring the Penguins. That makes sense since the Devils love shots/garbage goals, which brings me to

Rolston. Damn, the man shoots. And damn, the man shoots well. I'm so ecstatic he's back. Rupp is so useless, he can't win a fight and he hurt himself in the fight, but I don't mind too much since it meant better 4th linework with our top players double shifting.

Bryce Salvador is the real deal.

Zajac is playing a GREAT game. God damn, he's involved everywhere. This is not the player we saw last year, I'm so happy. He's following in Zach's footsteps and refusing to quit on the puck.

Time for the third.

wtf doublepost? 3rd period comments go here later.

Oh, Langenbrunner should have buried that pass from Zajac to close the third, and Clarkson sucks. The thing Clarkson is best at seems to be putting his team a man down.

Edited by Cowutopia

Screw MSG no reason to go to a dump and sit with Rangers fans...

OK, now I see why the Rangers fans can dominate the Devils in their building and Devils fans don't do that well at MSG. He has 100% reason to go: to cheer for his Devils.

Dump? common man, its an awesome arena. Lol but its weird, being a new Devils fan, its going to be weird telling all of my Knicks fans who I'm friends w/ bcuz most of them are Rangers fans as well. Its kinda off lol.

A propos: I wonder what NBA team do Isles fans root for? Because for the Rangers it's pretty obvious to root for the Knicks and the Devils had been associated with the Nets for years, but who do these Long Island guys cheer for? Both of their local NBA teams play in their rivals' arenas.

Enlighten me. :)

Edited by Revan

OK, now I see why the Rangers fans can dominate the Devils in their building and Devils fans don't do that well at MSG. He has 100% reason to go: to cheer for his Devils.

A propos: I wonder what NBA team do Isles fans root for? Because for the Rangers it's pretty obvious to root for the Knicks and the Devils had been associated with the Nets for years, but who do these Long Island guys cheer for? Both of their local NBA teams play in their rivals' arenas.

Well the Nets still play at CAA so they don't play in the same arena anymore. IDK any Isles fans who are basketball fans too though, so I can't help you there.

Because they're not the same team:

No Marian Hossa, Ryan Malone, Gary Roberts, Mark Recchi or Ty Conklin

Sergei Gonchar and Ryan Whitney on IR.

And Petr Sykora missed tonight's game with injury as well.

That's about 1/3 of the roster and some key players at that.

So a win tomorrow against the Rags wont mean the same thing because Jagr and HeThatWontBeNamed arent there anymore?

Well the Nets still play at CAA so they don't play in the same arena anymore. IDK any Isles fans who are basketball fans too though, so I can't help you there.

The Nets started out on LI. It's possible that Isles fans could be either Nets or Knicks fans if they are basketball fans.

I thought the shot total for NJ was misleading - very few quality chances, I understand that they might have been trying to get rebounds but the Pens defense was collapsing well and preventing NJ from getting to them. I'm not arguing about the effort, btw. They were trying, they never gave up - and it obviously worked in the end. But the shots weren't actually an indicator of real offensive dominance if you look at how many of them were a real danger to MAF as long as he wasn't a sieve - not many.

I did think it was interesting that, expect when they got the power plays, the Pens seemed to be trying to win 1-0. That's new.

Usually you pick one or the other... with both sports playing LONG seasons at the same time... you either tend to go hockey or basketball and the 2 don't mix all that well

So a win tomorrow against the Rags wont mean the same thing because Jagr and HeThatWontBeNamed arent there anymore?

Of course it does, the Rangers are 4-0 with their changes - and in the long run are probably better without Avery and with Aaron Voros who brings the same skill set without being a Dennis Rodman-like nutcase.

While the Pens really should be 0-3 if not for the sieve known as Martin Gerber.

Edited by Hasan4978

the rangers are not better than last year. the only way they're better is if brandon dubinsky jumps from average centerman to a star, which he might do, but otherwise they lack scoring up front. i'm not fooled by this 4-0 - 4-0 with a goal differential of 5 isn't that impressive.

and aaron voros isn't going to put up near the points avery will, and he's not going to be half the distraction sean avery was. i'm not fooled by his start either.

and aaron voros isn't going to put up near the points avery will, and he's not going to be half the distraction sean avery was. i'm not fooled by his start either.

If you saw Avery having a nice shouting match with a FAN in Nashville.... this might be an upgrade still....

I dunno... I have this weird not good feeling that the Rangers will be better because they didn't go bonzo gonzo in Free Agency :P

If you saw Avery having a nice shouting match with a FAN in Nashville.... this might be an upgrade still....

I dunno... I have this weird not good feeling that the Rangers will be better because they didn't go bonzo gonzo in Free Agency :P

?

they signed 5 players as free agents (redden, kalinin, naslund, rissmiller, voros, salaries totaling around $14 million) and traded for two more new players.

meanwhile nigel dawes, who i thought was going to become a solid 20-25 goal man on the left wing, is a healthy scratch.

Kalinin and Rissmiller aren't any good, Naslund came relatively cheap all things considered. Redden was really their only extravagance and I don't see him being all that great anyway.

And as good as Jagr was he lost a lot of his desire in the regular season and Drury's a MUCH better C anyway.

Edited by Hasan4978

?

they signed 5 players as free agents (redden, kalinin, naslund, rissmiller, voros, salaries totaling around $14 million) and traded for two more new players.

meanwhile nigel dawes, who i thought was going to become a solid 20-25 goal man on the left wing, is a healthy scratch.

Yeah Redden was a mistake

Naslund, cheaper and lower profile then Jagr, and I think will play better with the Ranger centers then Jagr did?

what just because they play in MSG I can't have a bad feeling they might have gotten it right

At least Phily still has no goaltending :P

naslund is whatever. he might 'work better' with the rangers' centers, but he's not a better player and is not helping the team more.

it's fine to think the rangers got it right - so far you look like you're right. they may even be better in the regular season. but without jagr and avery no one is going to convince me this is a better playoff team. it is soft and unspectacular aside from the man in net.

it's fine to think the rangers got it right - so far you look like you're right. they may even be better in the regular season. but without jagr and avery no one is going to convince me this is a better playoff team. it is soft and unspectacular aside from the man in net.

Plus like I told the Rangers fans who were here last night and grumbling about our win last night and then went the 4-0 route.....

remember how unbeatable Ottawa looked until Thanksgiving... and look how that ended up... it's nice to win now but it don't mean nothing come tax time

Plus like I told the Rangers fans who were here last night and grumbling about our win last night and then went the 4-0 route.....

remember how unbeatable Ottawa looked until Thanksgiving... and look how that ended up... it's nice to win now but it don't mean nothing come tax time

Well in Ottawa's case, it was enough to get them in the playoffs. I think that team was one of the 4 or 5 worst teams in the league after their NHL record start. I know the Leafs had a better last 50 games.