GDT 10/11/2008 Devils @ Pittsburgh 7:30PM

Dadds3424

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge win tonight for the Devils. Great goal by Zach and a heads up pass byZajac but it all started with a great play by White to poke the puck away. Elias' goal was nice and we deserved that one after all the shots we had. Marty played like he always does. White had a way better game tonight and had 2 assists. Monday time to get revenge on the rags.

Hey! We're 2-0 vs our division!!! Is that better than last year yet? (sarcasm ;))

:P

seriously though, it would be excellent to finish this divisional series of games with a sweep of the Rags on Monday.

First time 2 wins to start the season in about 5 years!

Awesome win!

Great game by white +2, redeems himself for last night.

Here's a stat for you- Zajac 10-0 = 100% on draws :koolaid:

Yep. Monster play to break up that 3 on 2.

The worst part of the game was the friggin Penguin Announcers. Jeez, what a bunch of homers. I did enjoy listening to their baloons pop when we scored that first goal. They gave up right there.

2 goals on 49 shots is kinda funny and probably sounds bad but Fleury was very good especially after his shakey 1st period and atop everything the Devils got NO bounces or breaks whatsoever until Elias banked one off of Gill

I think everyone in that arena knew it, even the Penguins, that the Devils were winning that game after they tied it.. I gotta believe thats why the Pens coach called a timeout in OT

it is funny cuz we shot 49 times and they shot 15.lol

we got the chances, just gotta get it in more.

u gotta give props to fleury though he did play an awesome game.

thank god yahoo had this game online other wise i would have missed it

can u actaully watch it on there. cuz i was looking for that, i can only listen.

I have no idea what happened to the Pens tonight. That sure wasn't the same team we saw go to the finals last season.

Because they're not the same team:

No Marian Hossa, Ryan Malone, Gary Roberts, Mark Recchi or Ty Conklin

Sergei Gonchar and Ryan Whitney on IR.

And Petr Sykora missed tonight's game with injury as well.

That's about 1/3 of the roster and some key players at that.

Edited by Hasan4978

Guys I've been here at my gf's house celebrating her birthday and I promised I wouldn't watch the game but I kept running to the computer and checking in, and with under 4 minutes left I cracked and turned the TV on, and that's when we won. I'm sorry I didn't tune in to begin with, I won't do it again if I can help it.

Guys I've been here at my gf's house celebrating her birthday and I promised I wouldn't watch the game but I kept running to the computer and checking in, and with under 4 minutes left I cracked and turned the TV on, and that's when we won. I'm sorry I didn't tune in to begin with, I won't do it again if I can help it.

We weren't offended, and your a promise breaker. We dont trust your word :)

Just messing with you, glad you got to see the great ending.

just finished the game on DVR...

wow...what a finish..by the team and Parise

Defense was terrific to a man...except Salmela who looks shaky...but Sutter is bringing him along carefully... not putting him out near the ends of periods.

Elias Back

White Back

Martin Better

Oduya Better

Salavdor the real deal

Zajac back and better

This team is much better with Zubrus on one of teh top lines and Gionta with Madden/Pando

Sutter using Holik perfectly

This team losses this game 2-0 last year

sweet dreams

Huge win tonight for the Devils. Great goal by Zach and a heads up pass byZajac but it all started with a great play by White to poke the puck away. Elias' goal was nice and we deserved that one after all the shots we had. Marty played like he always does. White had a way better game tonight and had 2 assists. Monday time to get revenge on the rags.

Exactly great win by the team... the Parise, Zajac, line was buzzing all night.... Great play by Zajac and GREAT finish by Parise..... Those two play awesome together... keep them together and Zajac will set up Parise all year long.... 48 shots, showed we outplayed them all night, and Fleury was on... Nice cheap shot by Orpik on Parise after the goal...

I just watched the game and the post game show. I think Ron Duguay asked for the Jon Bon Jovi look, but wound up getting the Ellen Degeneres look instead...yikes.

anyways, that was a fantastic game. Thank God for Yahoo because comcast had every game in the NHL on tonight except this one.

just finished the game on DVR...

wow...what a finish..by the team and Parise

Defense was terrific to a man...except Salmela who looks shaky...but Sutter is bringing him along carefully... not putting him out near the ends of periods.

Elias Back

White Back

Martin Better

Oduya Better

Salavdor the real deal

Zajac back and better

This team is much better with Zubrus on one of teh top lines and Gionta with Madden/Pando

Sutter using Holik perfectly

This team losses this game 2-0 last year

sweet dreams

And Rolston. An shot-taking machine. Seemed like he was on the ice all game.

u gotta give props to fleury though he did play an awesome game.

The funny thing about Fleury is that he has terrible rebound control, and has always had that problem when in the NHL. But on a good night, he finds a way to stop most of those second chance opportunities, which he seems to give a lot of.

In regards to the Devils, I think this game exemplifies why many were so excited about this team in the offseason. They had excellent puck posession and lots of shots on net. Excluding the first period, I think it's even fair to say that the Devils dominated the Pens. Last year the Devils lose this game, as Msweet said, but this year the Devils have the ability to pop in a goal when it really matters.

Just when a close game against the Isles made me worry, this team comes out and shows that they are capable of completely outplaying a much better team. More often than not, the Devils will win this type of game by 3 or 4.

From the limited minutes I saw the lines were juggled and Zubrus was on ice with Elias for one rush. What were the line juggles?

Towards the end of the game: Clarkson was benched and Gionta was put in his spot on the Madden/Pando line. Zubrus was put in Gionta's spot on the Elias/Rolston line, and the fourth line didn't play.

I must say this game was most satisfying to attend in-person to get finally get results at the end after complete domination from the beginning of the 2nd period through to the end. :D Thank god for the 'lucky' break off of Gill's skate to tie it because I was starting to feel sick to my stomach right around that point that the Pens were going to steal it. The fans' reaction to the Pens finally getting a shot or two relatively late in regulation, even though they were still leading at the time, was pretty laughable as well. :boogie:

Fleury was outstanding and deserved the #1 star of the game. Devils just shot the hell out of the puck in that game (48 SOG!) and Fleury was there with the big saves. Devils finally got a break and bounce go their way with the 1st goal going off of Dman Hal Gill's stick into the net that was credited to Elias. Parise's goal was just amazing and was close to being offsides on that play. Parise with the roof shot that Fleury had NO chance of saving. Win is a win and the Devils did dominate that game 48-14 with the SOG total. Wow.

One of the biggest games already in this young season for the Devils with this win in OT and now look at an even bigger game with the NYR @ MSG on Monday. NYR are 4-0 and the Devils 2-0. Looking forward to seeing this game. Maybe even go to MSG for the game.

Fleury was outstanding and deserved the #1 star of the game. Devils just shot the hell out of the puck in that game (48 SOG!) and Fleury was there with the big saves. Devils finally got a break and bounce go their way with the 1st goal going off of Dman Hal Gill's stick into the net that was credited to Elias. Parise's goal was just amazing and was close to being offsides on that play. Parise with the roof shot that Fleury had NO chance of saving. Win is a win and the Devils did dominate that game 48-14 with the SOG total. Wow.

One of the biggest games already in this young season for the Devils with this win in OT and now look at an even bigger game with the NYR @ MSG on Monday. NYR are 4-0 and the Devils 2-0. Looking forward to seeing this game. Maybe even go to MSG for the game.

Elias goal went off of Gill skate not stick...... How come you didnt mention Zajac heads up play that set up Parise's game winner?

Screw MSG no reason to go to a dump and sit with Rangers fans...

Elias goal went off of Gill skate not stick...... How come you didnt mention Zajac heads up play that set up Parise's game winner?

Screw MSG no reason to go to a dump and sit with Rangers fans...

Dump? common man, its an awesome arena. Lol but its weird, being a new Devils fan, its going to be weird telling all of my Knicks fans who I'm friends w/ bcuz most of them are Rangers fans as well. Its kinda off lol.