Parise is an All star

Chimaira_Devil_#9

The truth is, those buttheads from Montreal ruined the thing. Lundqvist getting the nod doesn't have anything to do with Elias not making it. Also, taking Eric Staal might look like a joke, but they want to give every team at least one spot, so what you gonna do. I'm actually not all that mad over this, Patty is a bit older of a player, at least he'll get some rest. I'm happy for Parise though.

As for Clemmer... Let's face it: even if you consider him an all star goalie (:blink:), he's been like that since November. And to go to an ASG, in my opinion you have to be a bit established and have a decent previous season. That might also explain Zherdev's absence (although truth being said, I think he deserved to go, if they had to choose on Ranger, they should've given him the nod and kicked the Queen in her ass).

But relax, it's just an All Star Game. Everyone knows it's a joke, everybody's saying it year after year and half of us probably isn't going to watch it anyway, so why bother. :)

Edited by Revan

The truth is, those buttheads from Montreal ruined the thing. Lundqvist getting the nod doesn't have anything to do with Elias not making it. Also, taking Eric Staal might look like a joke, but they want to give every team at least one spot, so what you gonna do. I'm actually not all that mad over this, Patty is a bit older of a player, at least he'll get some rest. I'm happy for Parise though.

As for Clemmer... Let's face it: even if you consider him an all star goalie (:blink:), he's been like that since November. And to go to an ASG, in my opinion you have to be a bit established and have a decent previous season. That might also explain Zherdev's absence (although truth being said, I think he deserved to go, if they had to choose on Ranger, they should've given him the nod and kicked the Queen in her ass).

But relax, it's just an All Star Game. Everyone knows it's a joke, everybody's saying it year after year and half of us probably isn't going to watch it anyway, so why bother. :)

Zherdev is the most deserving Ranger, not Lundqueer, I completely agree.

Hopefully this gives Patty a chip on his shoulder to play with the rest of the year, and he can use that to light a fire under the rest of the team's asses.

A Devil forward made it? It's a miracle! Parise has to play like a frickin Hart candidate for the league to notice him. All the Queen has to do is put on those massive pads to be an all star.

People can blame the NHL and the Canadiens fans all they want, but there is no professional league that has an all-star game without trying to include a player from each team, and every fanbase collectively votes for its own players even when they don't deserve to be an all-star.

This happens every year, I don't understand why people flip out all the time. Were you all expecting anything different? I guarantee we have another thread in two and a half weeks on how boring and lame the all-star game was too.

Isn't the all star game usually always boring and lame?

Exactly, that's what I mean. We know what's going to happen because it's the same every year, but people still complain about it as if they are expecting some kind of intense dramatic spectacle based on perfectly accurate player selections. That never happens, so I don't understand why everyone gets so angry this time of year.

Exactly, that's what I mean. We know what's going to happen because it's the same every year, but people still complain about it as if they are expecting some kind of intense dramatic spectacle based on perfectly accurate player selections. That never happens, so I don't understand why everyone gets so angry this time of year.

Well having guys like Keith Tkachuk and Mike Modano playing in the game definitely make the game a lot more sh!ttier. These guys are not what this game is all about. This should be about great skill and speed with players like Hossa, Kessel and Elias. Not two over-the-hill players like those guys. I mean what is this...the 1996 US Gold Medal Winning World Cup Team?

Here are some stats when you know the system in place is wrong.

The 5th leading scorer in the NHL was not selected into the all-star game.

The 89th, 100th and 101th leading scorers were.

People can blame the NHL and the Canadiens fans all they want, but there is no professional league that has an all-star game without trying to include a player from each team, and every fanbase collectively votes for its own players even when they don't deserve to be an all-star.

Thing is, fans of any team haven't ruined the voting like that in the past. Ever. And the Canadiens cheated, using scripts etc. to inflate the votes. And the saddest fact in all this is that the league pretends not to see it and boasts about record number of votes... What a bullsh!t.