GDT: Devils @ Atlanta 2/6/09 7:30pm

overtime98

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good bounce back win for the Devils tonight. Good game by Weekes. He played well and I think he will get another game/start this week coming up most likely Wednesday night @ the NYI. He deserves at least another game before Brodeur gets back and it could be vs. the NYI and possibly one more game maybe either Florida, Tampa Bay or the NYI on the road in two weeks, as the Devils have 8-games in the next 15-days. The Devils PK was excellent tonight and the 2-SHG by Madden and Gionta was great. Good to see Parise get his 30th of the season (2-goals behind Vanek and Carter for 2nd) and three straight seasons for him with 30 goals. Needs 2 more to tie all of last seasons goals and is on pace to break Gionta's and the Devils season season record.

The only bad thing tonight besides the Devils taking way too many penalties and a very dumb one by Holik, is the status of Colin White. They are calling it a "bruised" left hand but we shall see when he gets back to New Jersey if it is broken or not. The post game interview with White he didn't sound too positive when he was asked how is he doing and if his hand feels like its broken. I hope White does not miss much time. Most likely we will see Jay Leach in for White tomorrow night.

An easy win as it should be against Atlanta. The Thrashers, coming off a terrible season, decided to jack up ticket prices 20%. Downstairs the non-club side was well full, behinds the nets were half full at best. Upstairs, the way upstairs where seats are $10 was full. Otherwise it was empty. Whole sections behind the nets upstairs were empty. More than the 7-8000 said earlier but not anywhere close to the 17k+ that is in the box score. Good amount of Devils fans as usual.

I was at this game. I thought the first two periods were great for us, but I was kinda bummed that we took so many penalties and we kinda let off the gas in the third. I mean, we were up 18 shots to 4 and had 3 goals in the first 20 mins. I'm nitpicking really, all in all nice game and I always love to see the Devs come down to GA.

a) too many penalties

b) We have been tossed out of the faceoff circle a LOT this year, in general, I have noticed. This is a good time to bring it up though, because of that faceoff violation we served.

c) Shanahan got into a fight?

d) tonight was the opposite of Washington: started strong then went through the motions after the 5th goal until the game was over. I hope that doesn't carry over into the game vs. LA tonight.

e) Atlanta curse strikes again with Colin white.

f) Great game (er, first 30 minutes). Devils showed how much better they are than Atlanta everywhere. I love it.