GDT: Devils @ Atlanta 2/6/09 7:30pm

overtime98

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2008020774

large.pnglarge.png

Having their eight-game winning streak snapped was a letdown for the New Jersey Devils. A loss their next time out would certainly be a bigger one.

The Atlantic Division-leading Devils look to bounce back from their first defeat in more than three weeks Friday night when they face the lowly Atlanta Thrashers for the final time in 2008-09.

New Jersey (32-16-3) was trying for its first nine-game win streak since Nov. 17-Dec. 7, 2007 on Tuesday, but allowed three goals during the first 22:16 and lost 5-2 to visiting Washington.

DEVILS team report

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Devils' HD feed was on my DirecTV schedule (Center Ice) when I set it to record but recorded both broadcasts in case.

Is there a chance the blackout is over or is this just going to record 6 hours of black screen and anger?

The Devils had two great days of practice according to Sutter and hopefully it will pay off tonight in Atlanta and get back on the winning track. They know that they cannot take this Atlanta team lightly as they know their only shutout win this season was against New Jersey in the last meeting 4-0 at the Prudential Center. Devils need to play their game like they did in their 8-game winning streak and start another one tonight.

The Devils special teams were just horrible in the last game vs. Washington as their PK gave up 3-PPG and only had 1-PPG on their PP. Both the PP and the PK needs to improve and play like they did in that 8-game winning streak. Devils just need to get back to basics and it was this very same Atlanta team that got the Devils on their way to that 8-game winning streak. It's time to start another one. Devils will have a tough stretch of games coming up where they play 9-games in 16-days including the two best teams in the NHL-Boston and San Jose in back to back games. Devils need to win this revenge type game and the series over Atlanta tonight in their final meeting of the season.

Get the win Devils and get er done! :koolaid:

:evil:LETS GO DEVILS!!!! :evil:

Oh No, Not the Overtime98 curse :giggle: especially against a team like the thrashers, we need a W after the embarrasing 4-0 loss lastime out.

Lucky im not too superstitious, get back on track tonight Devs

Lets go Devils

Go Parise - Love you

:dance:

REEEEAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! :P

So if its not superstition what is it then :uni:

no matter how many times you type that it still comes across as a little worrying :P

:evil::dance::evil: LGD :evil::dance::evil:

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Devs need to bounce back tonight, and I think they will...

If Madden watched hockey he would say, "Wha wha what the da da da Devils need to do tonight is is is put the puck in the net ma ma ma more times than the the the Thrashers if they want a a a chance at winning"

It's a simple as that :joker:

Devils need to apply early pressure and not give the Thrashers a hope at winning. Take their fight away before they find it.

Edited by Colin226

Great to see Weekes getting the nod tonight. Should be a great bounce-back game for the Devils. They need to know not to take Atlanta lightly and play balls out.

What a great weekend for me schedule wise! I'll be home to watch tonight and tomorrow nights games AND a co-worker is bringing me to Monday nights game. My first at The Rock!

:koolaid: :koolaid: Let's Go Devils! :koolaid: :koolaid:

Edited by Coorslight