DEVILS REFUSE TO 'DIVE' TO GAIN MAN-ADVANTAGE

Rock

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02062009/sport...vant_153765.htm

First in the Atlantic in points, last in the entire NHL - by a lot - in power play chances. The DevilsNew Jersey Devils say they are paying for playing like men.

"We don't dive," Colin White said. "Our forwards try to battle through everything."

"What, we don't work hard enough to draw penalties? No," John Madden said.

"I have answers, but they're not printable as long as I'm an active player," Bobby Holik said. "Maybe nobody feels sorry for big, strong teams. They think these guys can take more punishment."

"Players who are going to embellish, they're not welcome here. Zach has all the abilities, and he doesn't dive," Holik said. "[Not diving] is expected here, not only [pointing upstairs, as in Lou Lamoriello], but it's expected in this room, too."

"Diving, that's not what this team is about," Patrik Elias said

HAHAHA TO summarize Holik - We're bigger than you, we're stronger than you. The league is going to level the ice for you.

:koolaid:

Makes me proud to be a Devils fan. Although I don't think players "dive" as much as they give up and just let themselves fall. Still a puss way to play the game. It's actually a good thing that the Devs don't go on the PP too often. The strength has always been 5 on 5.

I don't say this a lot (nobody does, really), but "Bravo, Mark (N)Єverson."

Absolutely. Very occasionally (N)Єverson does write a gem. This was one of them.

It's not just Sid on Pittsburgh. Gary Roberts called Matt Cooke a chicken sh!t.

"You're going bald Jim. Can't you face up to that?"

"At least I'm not chicken sh!t. Chick-chick-chick-chick, chicken sh!t"

everyone gets on crosby for diving. the link below goes to a site that tracks penalties drawn. elias 15 penalties drawn, parise 14 penalties drawn, crosby 14 penalties drawn. the big penalty drawer on the pens is malkin with 28. coincidentally he leads the league in points. go figure.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/2008/5_on_5_pen...=&mintoi=10

How dare you bring your facts and logic into our Sidney bash fest!

The only dude I have ever really seen take a noticeable dive on this team is Gionta.

You're kidding, right? Gionta is outsized by almost every defenseman in the league and he rarely if ever goes down to the ice. If he dove we'd see him on the ice all the time since he is often in situations to make it appear legitimate due to his size.

I would say Clarkson is a pretty blatant diver on the Devils and Langenbrunner complains about so many non-penalties he gets the same treatment that divers do.

I didn't say he did it all the time. Just that I know I have seen him do it.

I can't say he never dives but I've probably watched 99% of the games in his career, about half in person, and I can't recall any egregious dives from him.

If you've somehow missed Clarkson diving, who dives probably 1 or 2 times a game, but picked up on a Gionta dive at some point then I don't know what you're looking for when it comes to a dive.