Renney OUT!

Colorado Rockies 1976

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stop being so obsessed with the rangers

nah last night is a clincher. 2 too many men on the ice penalties is unacceptable.

I watched a bit of last night's game and was thinking the same thing, re: the two too many men on the ice penalties.

Sather should have followed him out the door...it's sad that this guy is actually going to get to hire yet another coach.

It was only a matter of time...

I'm surprised they held out this long. I catch a decent amount of their games and imo it's much more then coaching. Maybe Renney's philosophy didn't work with the current roster but when it comes down to it the Rangers just aren't very good. If not for Lundqvist playing extremely well over that first month and a half of the season, the Rangers are on the outside looking in right now. I'm amazed they were able to get as many points as they did. I guess this may help get them focused for a short while but this move will likely turn out to be something similar to spraying perfume on a piece of stool. At the end of the day it's still a p.o.s.

I'm surprised they held out this long. I catch a decent amount of their games and imo it's much more then coaching. Maybe Renney's philosophy didn't work with the current roster but when it comes down to it the Rangers just aren't very good. If not for Lundqvist playing extremely well over that first month and a half of the season, the Rangers are on the outside looking in right now. I'm amazed they were able to get as many points as they did. I guess this may help get them focused for a short while but this move will likely turn out to be something similar to spraying perfume on a piece of stool. At the end of the day it's still a p.o.s.

One word: shootouts.

All the early shootout wins had everyone in Rangerland fooled.

LOL at the Post:

renneyfiredpost.jpg

Tom Renney has put on some weight.

Anyways, this was a long time coming for him and that team. Hopefully, Sather takes over and nothing changes.

As for the Too many men on the ice calls, I've never seen a team get hit with as many of those as the Rangers. It seems everytime I turn one of their games on they get hit with at leastone of those penalties.

i don't think renney did a particularly good job this season. as larry brooks has pointed out, he continued to give wade redden power play time when it's clear he's not doing the job there, and he hasn't really tried to deviate from the defense-first philosophy which both does and does not suit the rangers' current lineup. the short-handed goals against are particularly galling as well.

sather hasn't done a good job either, obviously, but this rangers team was (and is) sinking back into the country club atmosphere.

Edited by Triumph

The only surprise is that it took this long.

I think if they had lost to the Islanders, Sather might have pulled the trigger then. That's only a couple of games sooner of course, but Sather's not bright or astute enough to realize that the Rangers didn't really play much better in that game than in most of their recent follies.

i don't think renney did a particularly good job this season. as larry brooks has pointed out, he continued to give wade redden power play time when it's clear he's not doing the job there, and he hasn't really tried to deviate from the defense-first philosophy which both does and does not suit the rangers' current lineup. the short-handed goals against are particularly galling as well.

sather hasn't done a good job either, obviously, but this rangers team was (and is) sinking back into the country club atmosphere.

The only thing saving the Rangers from having to put out Redden and his six million dollar a year salary on the PP for the next five yrs is that they have potentially solid PP qb's and defensemen in Sanguinetti and Del Zotto coming up in the next yr or two.