NJDEVS Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

devilsrule33

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so still no j-bo.. imo florida would be stupid to let him walk in the summer for nothing. yea he is their best player and yea he can get them to the playoffs but not to the cup. it gives me the idea that franchise had no plans to win the cup and just getting to the playoffs is a win in their eyes.

i actually think the rangers did ok the last two days -

antropov is a solid top 6 guy that will give them a bit more offense which was what they really needed.

avery will slot back in the top 6 as well.

morris is certainly an upgrade over kalinin for their purposes.

the guys they dealt were all spare parts and were not going to do anything positive for them.

in new york, you have to go for it and missing the playoffs after their unexpected 1/2 season at the top of the division would be terrible. these moves still make them no better than a 6 seed who might upset a 1st round opponent if the queen absolutely steals them the series.

their top 2 lines:

naslund-gomez-avery

antropov-drury-dubinsky

certainly nothing to write home about, but better than what it was on Monday.

Edited by sundstrom

Wow, Don Maloney just fleeced Sather. Wow, Morris sucks. Dawes and Prucha are going to thrive in Phoenix.

I think Morris just about knocks the Rangers out of the playoffs.

Thanks Slats!

Way too much for Morris. I agree Manta. Phoenix got a lot younger and cheaper today. See them next Thursday night at the Prudential Center.

so still no j-bo.. imo florida would be stupid to let him walk in the summer for nothing. yea he is their best player and yea he can get them to the playoffs but not to the cup. it gives me the idea that franchise had no plans to win the cup and just getting to the playoffs is a win in their eyes.

If they let their best player get traded in the middle of their first playoff run in almost 10 years they might as well fold up shop and cancel the franchise.... Florida has NO choice to keep Jay-Bo and hope to make some playoff noise and convince him he can win in Florida

(good luck with that :P)

What a let-down day for the most

Lou basically just told everyone in the Devils locker room that this is the team he wants to make the cup run with. Whatever anyone was offering, it wasn't enough to trade the guys that have got the team to where they are.

Every player in that room should take that knowledge and go flat out from now till mid-June.