NJDEVS Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

devilsrule33

If they let their best player get traded in the middle of their first playoff run in almost 10 years they might as well fold up shop and cancel the franchise.... Florida has NO choice to keep Jay-Bo and hope to make some playoff noise and convince him he can win in Florida

(good luck with that :P)

What a let-down day for the most

so i guess we get to start up this talk again in a few months when they get knocked out in the 1st round.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Don Maloney just fleeced Sather. Wow, Morris sucks. Dawes and Prucha are going to thrive in Phoenix.

I think Morris just about knocks the Rangers out of the playoffs.

Thanks Slats!

Well Morris is a lot better than Kalinin who was beyond awful...but yeah that's way too much to give up for a guy that's always been overrated to begin with.

Antropov otoh was a nice deal. Make no mistake, the message was sent loud and clear, Sather has to make the playoffs 'or else'.

It probably was posted, but TG said no Devils trades, so Clemmensen's stuck unfortunately :(

Edited by Hasan4978

so i guess we get to start up this talk again in a few months when they get knocked out in the 1st round.

you watch, whoever plays them in round 1 is gonna have their hands full... I want no part of them or Phily in the 1st round

Lou did what he had to do, made our D-depth even much stronger with Havelid filling a glaring hole. He is a very solid player, you will see.

Kudos to NHL Network for giving credit for the underrated pickup in Havelid instead of just circle-jerking over the Rangers moves.

That said, the biggest pick up at the deadline? Martin Brodeur.

The Rangers made a great move getting Nik Antro, but Morris may bite them in the ass considering they gave up alot of solid player for him.

Dawes is gone, he only scores on Brodeur.

Prucha is out of the microscope and can now play every day in Phoenix.

I still think Clemmer has been moved but the paper-work has yet to be finalized.

Edited by ILikeItVeryMuch

Wow, Don Maloney just fleeced Sather. Wow, Morris sucks. Dawes and Prucha are going to thrive in Phoenix.

I think Morris just about knocks the Rangers out of the playoffs.

Thanks Slats!

By thrive you must mean most likely they'll all dress every game?

Lou did what he had to do, made our D-depth even much stronger with Havelid filling a glaring hole. He is a very solid player, you will see.

Kudos to NHL Network for giving credit for the underrated pickup in Havelid instead of just circle-jerking over the Rangers moves.

The Rangers made a great move getting Nik Antro, but Morris may bite them in the ass considering they gave up alot of solid player for him.

I still think Clemmer has been moved but the paper-work has yet to be finalized.

according to TG, he hasn't been moved

Clemmer will not be moved. As it would make no sense.

Edited by MantaRay

Do you follow this team? Lou grabs solid, non-flashy players who want to win. We got exactly what we get at the deadline every year. Havelid, fits the Salvador, Smhelik, mold.

Yes Manta Ive watched since the 80's - thanks for the Lou trade day history lesson....

I stand by my opinion - :rolleyes:

I didnt read the updated TG blog, I really thought Lou was going to move Clemmer according to that story yesterday.

the sentiment was if it made sense for both sides ..

And alot of the time it hasn't worked. Esp since the lockout.

Well only 1 team does it ever "work" for. Only 8 teams even just make the second round each year so I don't know how you're defining not working but I think it may be a little harsh.

Pierre McGuire just ripped in to the Lightning and connected the dots to show that in less than 9 months the Lightning have basically traded Dan Boyle for Noah Welch and 3rd round draft pick.

What a mess.

that's incorrect. dan boyle for steve downie, ty wishart, noah welch, and a 3rd round pick.

This Devils team is just fine the way they are right now. With the addition of Havelid, made them better without messing with the teams chemistry.

Devils just need to continue with the way they have been playing and make the cup run. I am content with what the Devils have right now and Lou seems to think so too by doing no trades today.