GDT: 4/12/2009 Devils vs Hurricanes 7:30PM

RunninWithTheDevil

I don't understand this attendance discrepancy...how can people be saying the place was half empty or that it resembled a Panthers' game? Either people are in the seats, or they aren't. The arena is either loud or quiet. It's pretty clear that from the first hand accounts here, and evidence from the TV feed that the atmosphere was great. Unbelievable.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you wouldn't know that by one poster on the Canes board "I feel like I'm watching a Florida Panthers game in March... there's no one there"

Pretty sure it was sellout there buddy! He probably meant that he felt like he was watching a Panthers game because Carolina sucked all night :giggle:

I think this Canes poster needs to drain the jizz from his eyes and ears.

I was going to sign up there and post, but what's the point? We blow them out for 4 goals, they're still gonna say we trap. We sell the place out, they're gonna say it's like a Panthers game. But honestly who cares? It's entertaining and tonight's game was great.

Just getting back from the game and man the Devils played a DEVILS type game tonight. The Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner line dominated the game tonight with two goals from that line. The PK was good in their two chances, but the PP still needs work going 0-4. Nice goal by Mottau to start off the scoring for the Devils. Pearise and Langenbrunner's goals were lasers and Ward never saw them. Brodeur was solid tonight and looks to be top form at the right time so far. Devils banged the hell out of carolina everytime they touched the puck. Great game and great playoff atmosphere crowd tonight. Need to keep it going for Game 2 on Friday night.

Congratulations to the Devils for winning their first ever playoff game in the Prudential Center. :koolaid:

Hey Devils fans,

Congratulations on the win tonight. If my 'Canes lose, I'd like for it to be like this - not because of poor officiating or brain-dead mistakes, but being outplayed by a quality opponent. You guys really took it to us in every phase of the game.

Hope you all had fun watching, and we'll see you again Friday night.

Go 'Canes.

Hey Devils fans,

Congratulations on the win tonight. If my 'Canes lose, I'd like for it to be like this - not because of poor officiating or brain-dead mistakes, but being outplayed by a quality opponent. You guys really took it to us in every phase of the game.

Hope you all had fun watching, and we'll see you again Friday night.

Go 'Canes.

Poor officiating? Carolina has been getting the calls all season long and just love to dive out on the ice. Now its the playoffs and Carolina is not going to get away with the crap they did in the regular season. There should have been MORE penalties called on Carolina tonight as they couldn't keep up with the Devils therefore all the holding, hooking and grabbing Carolina did and got away with most of it. So I wouldn't complain about the officiatinmg as your team could have been in the box for most of the night with all the crap they were doing to try to slow down the ass whooping they got tonight on the ice. Devils are the better team and they laid a beating on the candy Canes.

Carolina got bit on the ass tonight for wanting the Devils in the 1st round. Expect the same type of game by the Devils on Friday night. Devils are ready for this series. The Canes are not.

Poor officiating? Carolina has been getting the calls all season long and just love to dive out on the ice. Now its the playoffs and Carolina is not going to get away with the crap they did in the regular season. There should have been MORE penalties called on Carolina tonight as they couldn't keep up with the Devils therefore all the holding, hooking and grabbing Carolina did and got away with most of it. So I wouldn't complain about the officiatinmg as your team could have been in the box for most of the night with all the crap they were doing to try to slow down the ass whooping they got tonight on the ice. Devils are the better team and they laid a beating on the candy Canes.

Carolina got bit on the ass tonight for wanting the Devils in the 1st round. Expect the same type of game by the Devils on Friday night. Devils are ready for this series. The Canes are not.

Dude, CHILL OUT! I was saying there WASN'T poor officiating tonight, you just misunderstood my post. I was merely congratulating you guys on outplaying us, sheesh.

he didnt say that the refs were poor.

anyways aweome game, gotta get tix for game 2! Why in the world was there a flyer fan in section 228? haha anyway it was funny when EVERYBODY got on him giving him sh!t.

Edited by Mike441

Dude, CHILL OUT! I was saying there WASN'T poor officiating tonight, you just misunderstood my post. I was merely congratulating you guys on outplaying us, sheesh.

Sorry just still pumped up from the game. :P Thanks. Yes, I took your officiating comment the wrong way when I saw poor officiating. My bad there. Sorry and good luck the rest of the series to you. :)

The Devils stomped Carolina.

Langenbrunner was a total demon and a total leader tonight. He hit anyone and everyone out there. It was totally wonderful. He completely led by example. Body on everyone, and then the play of the game, the momentum-killing fourth goal after the Hurricanes scored on a legit play. Devils could have scored a lot more. Ward played a very good game, took away everything low, but the Devils beat him up high and often after Mottau broke through. The Mottau goal was big.

The goal against was a scramble/breakdown. Both d-men were caught near side after the faceoff loss, and Parise couldn't get in position to cover the far post in time, though he tried to make a play. The only thing you can really do there better is win the draw in the first place. Huge for Langs to come back and kill it.

Elias buried that slapper after Zajac ripped an even harder shot high on a similar play about a minute earlier.

Devils started matching the Pando Madden Shanny line to Staal's and Pando played about as well as I think he is still able. I remember him carrying the puck in at one point and going straight at/through a guy. I saw someone earler say this line played very well and it's true.

Parise was hard on the backcheck all night. I remember he one-armed it on the backcheck and then stepped into it and knocked the guy down from the side as he overtook.

All around it was a total dominating performance, and I'm glad Holik is sitting.

There is one thing, ONE THING to harp on here, and that is Zubrus. He didn't even look like he was in the game. He made approximately zero plays, never played big, never won a battle, and generally fvcked everything up. No heart. I am incredibly displeased with him.

I remember one magnificent play Marty made where he handled the puck behind the net and made a subtle fake, and outskated two Carolina forecheckers like Paul Martin likes to do. Then he made a great outlet pass straight to Zubrus near the Devils blue line...and Zubrus fvcking tried to tip it out or whatever like he didn't even want the puck, and that's how he played all night: like he didn't want the puck. fvck him. That one play resulted in a turnover in the Devils zone, and his linemates covered. He didn't deserve an assist either, he was barely in the play.

Salvador showed me a lot this game, and his pairing got a lot of minutes. I haven't checked the boxscore, but I think he got more ice than White-Mottau.

Great win. Keep it going! LET'S GO DEVILS!

The Devils stomped Carolina.

Langenbrunner was a total demon and a total leader tonight. He hit anyone and everyone out there. It was totally wonderful. He completely led by example. Body on everyone, and then the play of the game, the momentum-killing fourth goal after the Hurricanes scored on a legit play. Devils could have scored a lot more. Ward played a very good game, took away everything low, but the Devils beat him up high and often after Mottau broke through. The Mottau goal was big.

The goal against was a scramble/breakdown. Both d-men were caught near side after the faceoff loss, and Parise couldn't get in position to cover the far post in time, though he tried to make a play. The only thing you can really do there better is win the draw in the first place. Huge for Langs to come back and kill it.

Elias buried that slapper after Zajac ripped an even harder shot high on a similar play about a minute earlier.

Devils started matching the Pando Madden Shanny line to Staal's and Pando played about as well as I think he is still able. I remember him carrying the puck in at one point and going straight at/through a guy. I saw someone earler say this line played very well and it's true.

Parise was hard on the backcheck all night. I remember he one-armed it on the backcheck and then stepped into it and knocked the guy down from the side as he overtook.

All around it was a total dominating performance, and I'm glad Holik is sitting.

There is one thing, ONE THING to harp on here, and that is Zubrus. He didn't even look like he was in the game. He made approximately zero plays, never played big, never won a battle, and generally fvcked everything up. No heart. I am incredibly displeased with him.

I remember one magnificent play Marty made where he handled the puck behind the net and made a subtle fake, and outskated two Carolina forecheckers like Paul Martin likes to do. Then he made a great outlet pass straight to Zubrus near the Devils blue line...and Zubrus fvcking tried to tip it out or whatever like he didn't even want the puck, and that's how he played all night: like he didn't want the puck. fvck him. That one play resulted in a turnover in the Devils zone, and his linemates covered. He didn't deserve an assist either, he was barely in the play.

Salvador showed me a lot this game, and his pairing got a lot of minutes. I haven't checked the boxscore, but I think he got more ice than White-Mottau.

Great win. Keep it going! LET'S GO DEVILS!

not much else to say that hasn't already said, but I agree about the old man line. Pando was more than passable, Madden was good and Shanny was great. Especially defensively. I didn't think they could handle the linematching role (still not sure long-term), but for sure, tonight, they did.

And a new game thread tradition begins:

Have the wrong date by putting the date 3 days earlier than it actually is.

Couldn't watch much of this game other than bonus coverage during the intermission of the Caps game. But CBC did have a nice little video package showing the little things that Paul Martin and Colin White do throughout the game that make them so good. It showed a lot of things that the average fan might not notice when watching. I guess they had a nice game...

Can't judge how the Madden line did, but I know it's only one game and the first game. They probably won't have 4 days off again unless they win a series early.

Let's keep focused guys, If we don't hold home ice by winning game two this game will count for nothing. Sure, it's nice to start off with a good all-round performance, but we MUST hold home ice by winning on Friday night.

Friday's game is HUGE.

It's the age old formula in the playoffs. Win your home games and split your road games=That big shiny silver thing.