GDT: Canes at Devs... 7:30PM ROUND 1 GAME 2 MSG+

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a brutal overtime, beyond disgusting :puke:

There was an overtime? Could have fooled me and the Devils apparently. Yeah this is a tough loss but they all are at this time of the year. I don't know. I really think the old man line is getting way to much ice time but overall the Devils limited the Hurricanes chances for the majority of the game. The major issue is Langs though. You would like to think he would play through his injury so it's a little troubling that he missed the last half of the game. Just gotta steal one in Carolina now.

That Rolston - Zubrus - Gionta line was a disaster from the start so it was only fitting that they were on the ice for the final goal. It really is hard to figure out who is worse between Rolston and Zubrus.

And did anyone expect anything differently against the Canes in OT?

If Jamie is hurt and can't go...Sutter should go all Mighty Ducks and slap that C on Elias's chest in dramatic fashion.

Edited by devilsrule33

Joe Corvo is probably the worst defender in the series, he needs to be exposed more.

If Langs is out for an extended period time and not 80%+, our chances are definitely weakened. It's not entirely a matter of missing his goals, but more so the chemistry and cycle of that line. Shanny and Rolston need to step up BIGTIME now.

Hello again Devils fans,

Great game tonight, it definitely could have gone either way. I honestly thought the Devs had the edge in play, you guys were a lot more disciplined than we were. I think everyone knew that the 'Canes would not come out as flat tonight, though. Great performance by both teams.

We got the goal when it counted, but I think everyone can stop wondering about whether Brodeur was ready for the playoffs, he made all the saves he should have and the goals he let in weren't his fault. Ward's also playing awesome for us - not surprisingly, it will probably goaltending that decides the series.

Once again, good game, and I hope we have a couple more great contests in Raleigh starting on Sunday.

Finally, all of us 'Canes fans would like to give our well-wishes to Langenbrunner and Pandolfo, I sincerely hope they're both all right.

That Rolston - Zubrus - Gionta line was a disaster from the start so it was only fitting that they were on the ice for the final goal. It really is hard to figure out who is worse between Rolston and Zubrus.

If Jamie is hurt and can't go...Sutter should go all Mighty Ducks and slap that C on Elias's chest in dramatic fashion.

Rolston doesn't take stupid penalties so its clearly Zubrus.

And by Elias, I assume you mean Parise.

We must win Game 3.

Definitely not a must win. But winning at least one in Carolina in general is definitely a must.

Carolina dominated for stretches, but so did we. We could have easily have won this game too. And this is without our best line fully together for a period and change and the .2 second OT.