GDT: Canes at Devs... 7:30PM ROUND 1 GAME 2 MSG+

BlizzardCyclone

oh please. how many of these players were around for when the devils have been historically bad in overtime. 3? 4? the canes had some good shifts in overtime, that's all there is to it.

Some good shifts, please, the Canes were skating downhill the entire overtime. People want to blame putting the Madden line on the ice first, why? The other lines got dominated even worse! Even Parise couldn't clear a darn puck.

How many of the Devils were around in 2006 when we got smoked by this team...plenty. Hell Brodeur, White, Elias, Langs, Gionta, Madden, Pando and Holik were all around in 2002. They know they can't beat this team when it gets to overtime and they pretty much know they can't beat them in Carolina either (0-6 in the last two playoffs) but they're going to have to overcome that.

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also with about 45 seconds to go the 'Canes iced the puck and instead of sending out an offensive line to try to get he late goal to win he matched up and sent Madden and Pandolfo out. He matched up the entire game and it was disgusting.

Right, Chico was saying that both teams were playing for OT, which might've been true. But I didn't understand why the Devils wouldn't have wanted to try and win it in regulation.

I haven't posted in a game thread in a while... but here are my observations.

-Zajac had a rough game... right after he missed a layup and immediately took a penalty I knew he wasn't on top of things.

-Rolston had an odd game. The effort was there. It just seemed that he was really unlucky tonight. Couldn't get open for a slapshot and didn't have much room out there.

-Elias and Parise had good games. Gionta also played well.

-This team is not good at rebounding from in-game diversity. When Jamie went down, so did the Devils. It really seemed like the Devils started out flying and the Canes were flat. They the Devils and Canes slid in opposite directions until at last the Canes were flying and the Devils just seemed dead.

-The Devils were able to contain Corvo and Babchuk, so Gleason is the one that hurts us. Don't blame Havelid. That stuff happens to everyone.

-That hit by Pitkanen was dirty. Glad Gio is okay. The Canes were taking liberties and no one on the Devils stood up for eachother!!

-Story of the night from 209-208. There was a Canes fan in 208. People were nagging him a little bit for his jersey during the game but no harm done. Until he started "interacting with Devils fans. Then after the Canes scored in the first period he started chanting "Let's Go Rangers."

Of course some Devils fans take issue with that. At least 20 people were giving him the "a$$hole" chant. He decides to turn around and call the WRONG guy an a$$hole back. Goomba. So Goomba jumps down two rows and tells him to shut up and turn around. Regardless of the stories anyone has, Goomba was not in the wrong here. Yeah he was yelling at the kid... he told him to shut up and turn around... kept saying the same thing... but the kid wouldn't give it up... he would not shut up. That's all he needed to do. So a few more Devil fans started to get into it with him as the period winded down..

I go into the hallway for the intermission to see Canes fan literally crying to the security saying he didn't do anything.

That kid was such a little bitch.

edit: we need to PRAY for Jamie to be okay. Him being out of the lineup really throws the lines off. Hell, any of the top six being out really messes things up. Elias and Parise are great together but putting them on the same line makes this a one line team.

I think the Devils will rebound Sunday. They have to score in the first 5 minutes and shut up the Canes fans.

Edited by njdevil26

Some good shifts, please, they were skating downhill the entire overtime. People want to blame putting the Madden line on the ice first, why? The other lines got dominated even worse! Even Parise couldn't clear a darn puck.

How many of the Devils were around in 2006 when we got smoked by this team...plenty. Hell Brodeur, White, Elias, Langs, Gionta, Madden, Pando and Holik were all around in 2002. They know they can't beat this team when it gets to overtime.

yeah they know they can't win, it's impossible. *rolls eyes*. what superstitious hokum. did they play well? of course not, but that doesn't mean they 'know' they can't win in overtime.

Does anyone know Langenbrunner's status...i think if he didnt have to leave the game we would've won. He always comes through with clutch goals..especially in OT

And btw I don't want to hear about Jamie missing either...tough. The Rangers just won in Washington without Drury for the entire game! Time for this team to suck it up for once. I absolutely agree with Sutter calling out Rolston's lazy ass, it's especially time for him to start earning his salary :rant:

Edited by Hasan4978

And btw I don't want to hear about Jamie missing either...tough. The Rangers just won in Washington without Drury for the entire game! Time for this team to suck it up for once. I absolutely agree with Sutter calling out Rolston's lazy ass, it's especially time for him to start earning his salary :rant:

Yeah but drury sucks and doesnt do anything for them lol...but Sutter called out Rolston tonight? i missed the post game what happened?

the rangers didn't 'step up' - they played terribly, but their goaltender bailed them out while theodore gave the game away. if the rangers play like that for the rest of the series, the capitals are going to cruise into round 2.

One can only hope. :pray:

They inexplicably went passive defensively after the PP goal against. That's pretty much the story of the game.

The OT was a trainwreck, but they had won 3 in a row before then.

Of course our badly needing prozac fans are going to go totally over the edge. From 16-0 to out in 5 in 2 nights.

Edited by maxpower

The game became a nightmare for the Devils as soon as Langenbrunner went down with the groin injury. The OT was a complete joke the way the Devils came out to start the OT period. carolina took it away from the Devils very fast and looked like they really wanted it in the OT. Devils never even got a damn SOG in the OT let alone getting it out of their own zone. I'm sorry but Havlid needs to sit out of the rest of this series as he is just damn horrible on defense tonight and it showed with oduya too in this game. No matter who Havelid is paried with the other defenseman suffers. Sutter needs to put in Greene for Havelid for Game 3 as the chemistry and the defense was a lot better without Havelid.

Havelid is flat out terrible. Why the fvck is he even out on the Devils PP? Don't see anything good since Havelid came to New jersey from Atlanta. The Devils special teams better get it together and scores some PPG or it could be one and done for the Devils again this playoff season. The PP went 1 for 6 and the Devils will not win many games with a PP like that and the PK was bad too giving up the tying goal. Better fix the special teams for Game 3 or it could get real ugly for the Devils as now they will be in Carolina where they will get most of the calls and PP.

The Devils had Carolina on the ropes in the 1st period before and after the 1st goal was scored, but couldn't get that 2nd goal as Zajac missed two golden oppurtunities infront of the net and he had 2-penalties (one a phantom goalie interference call) in the 1st, which was not good. Gionta missed the net several times when the puck should have been buried in that 1st period. devils kept them hanging around and got burned in the OT. Parise, Gionta, Martin and Pandolfo played their asses off in this game and the rest of the team really needed to follow their games, as the rest of the team did not have that jump in their step like Game 1.

I really hope Langenbrunner is not too bad with his groin and hope he does not mis game 3, because this Devils team lost focus and their play was way off when langenbrunner went out of this game tonight.

Game 3 on Sunday in Carolina and the Devils need to win Game 3 to get their home ice back and get the 2-1 series lead. Score the 1st goal on the road and get the next one will quiet the crowd down.

see what I mean about the Prozac?

I guess Havelid is the new Weekes.

Did you even bother to watch the game tonight? Did you see again how bad Havelid was tonight? If not, then you missed a lot in tonight's game. Oduya was bad tonight too as Elias was yelling at him to pass the damn puck out of the zone by slamming his stick on the ice waiting for the pass by the Carolina blueline. Getting off the ice he was snapping at Oduya and Havelid. You may have missed that.

Edited by SatansDevils

Dude, you're really going to blame the entire power play on the fifth man of the second unit? Please. How about one of the other nine guys scoring?

And your boy Greene would make just as many mistakes, if not more and he also adds zero offensively to the power play.

Edited by Hasan4978

Did you even bother to watch the game tonight? Did you see again how bad Havelid was tonight? If not, then you missed a lot in tonight's game. Oduya was bad tonight too as Elias was yelling at him to pass the damn puck out of the zone by slamming his stick on the ice waiting for the pass by the Carolina blueline. Getting off the ice he was snapping at Oduya and Havelid. You may have missed that.

the entire crowd saw that, Elias was wide open for a home run pass at the blue line and Oduya just choked!

take a prozac or blame Weekes for it or something.

they all didn't look good defensively because they were rolled up in a ball. it's hard to get the puck out effectively when everyone is near the goalie and the offensive players have the advantage getting to the boards.

and btw, Martin blew the exact same play in Game 1.

take a prozac or blame Weekes for it or something.

they all didn't look good defensively because they were rolled up in a ball. it's hard to get the puck out effectively when everyone is near the goalie and the offensive players have the advantage getting to the boards.

and btw, Martin blew the exact same play in Game 1.

No, don't need one or take that crap. I'm fine and see at the games what the hell is going on and Havelid does not have it going on since he got here from Atlanta. Defensive lapses have cause the Devils some bad goals and Brodeur can't be blamed either. IMO, Havelid has been a bigtime bust. He has made Salvador look bad at times and now Oduya tonight. Can't pair Havelid up with anyone.

You can take the prozac...

Edited by SatansDevils

Havelid has still added just as much as Greene would and has upside since he is still learning the system while Greene we know the play we'll get....which isn't noticeably better than the "bad" Havelid.

Edit: Quick question, who has more PP points for the Devils this season. The no offense Havelid or the offensive defenseman Greene? Take into account the vast PP time differential between the two where Greene has played many more minutes with the Devils

Edited by Devils731

Havelid has still added just as much as Greene would and has upside since he is still learning the system while Greene we know the play we'll get....which isn't noticeably better than the "bad" Havelid.

So when White was out for some games and Martin due to their injuries, the Devils defense was not better with Greene in the line up during their long winning streaks? Sure was and Greene along with the rest of the Devils defensive core was playing just fine until the trade for Havelid. Since Havelid the defensive parings have not been as good and the losing streak came. Salvador was playing bad with Havelid during those games. I am sure there are some others that have noticed this too.

Edited by SatansDevils

Edit: Quick question, who has more PP points for the Devils this season. The no offense Havelid or the offensive defenseman Greene? Take into account the vast PP time differential between the two where Greene has played many more minutes with the Devils

lol, either of them have any?

So when White was out for some games and Martin the Devils defense was not better with Greene in the line up during their long winning streaks? Sure was and Greene along with the rest of the Devils defensive core was playing just fine until the trade for Havelid. Since Havelid the defensive parings have not been as good and the losing streak came. I am sure there are some others that have noticed this too.

Why didn't you answer the question about PP points?

You're also the guy that thought the 8-5 win by Clemmy against the NYR was a great goaltending performance, right?

No, the defense isn't better with Greene playing instead of Martin or White just like the team wasn't better with Clemmy or Weekes in the net rather than Marty, regardless of records.

No, don't need one or take that crap. I'm fine and see at the games what the hell is going on and Havelid does not have it going on since he got here from Atlanta. Defensive lapses have cause the Devils some bad goals and Brodeur can't be blamed either. IMO, Havelid has been a bigtime bust. He has made Salvador look bad at times and now Oduya tonight. Can't pair Havelid up with anyone.

You can take the prozac...

what defensive lapses? they've given up 3 goals, one on a lost puck, one on a 4 on 4 on a PP while Cole was resting on our bench when it banged off the boards and there was zero coverage (and I don't believe Havelid was out there), and the OT winner, which was inevitable and every Devil that was on the ice participated in...

Oduya looked bad in game 1, did you ever stop to think... it might be Oduya? Or are you going to go with your trend of taking the least important players on the team and blaming them for things they have nothing to do with?