Classless Rags Fans at MSG

DevilsCapsgal

I was annoyed but NOWHERE near as much as the one who had the signed Modano jersey on it (and you know it REALLY sucks when you're the one guy with 3 girls and guys toss beer on you... you're expected to be all neanderthal and all :rolleyes: )

someone went and got security and got them moved

they were in the concourse on the phone bragging about it....turned and saw me with quite the annoyed look... and took off :lol:

Wow, haha. I've heard from one of my friends, who got beer spilled on them at a Flyers game.. that they went up to security, and they didn't do anything about it. But glad to hear that things went in your favor afterwards.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, haha. I've heard from one of my friends, who got beer spilled on them at a Flyers game.. that they went up to security, and they didn't do anything about it. But glad to hear that things went in your favor afterwards.

well it was LA, so it barely counts as a sports town anyway :P

was the same night some moron saw my Devils jersey and taunted me about the Lakers beating the Nets, I told him to get some Stanley Cup Banners before I cared about his convict sport!!

well it was LA, so it barely counts as a sports town anyway :P

was the same night some moron saw my Devils jersey and taunted me about the Lakers beating the Nets, I told him to get some Stanley Cup Banners before I cared about his convict sport!!

Oh God! haha.. LA?.. Well I could see that. They must have a lot of built of anger. :giggle: Seriously, you're at a hockey game, who gives a crap about what the Lakers did to the Nets. It's all about how the Devils will dominate their Kings. lol.

I love people who come up with reasons to justify a acting like an ass

+1

Hold the phone a bit here. Two different things are being discussed, I think.

A guy whose worst sin is wearing the wrong jersey does NOT deserve to be abused.

Period. End of story; no justification possible. It's just sub-human.

OTOH, a guy being a complete tool deserves what's coming to him.

It all comes down to respect. Fans of visiting teams should be shown respect unless they prove themselves unworthy of said respect.

+11 billion.

I'm spending good money to go to a game - either at home or away. If I go to a Flyers game (which I have done, wearing Devils gear) or a Rangers game (ditto), I'm not expecting to be treated like I'm made of ice cream and sunshine - verbal ribbing is fine.

But don't toss beer on me or throw food at me. That's just despicable. Like Devils1985 said, it's sub-human. There's no good justification for it.

Oh God! haha.. LA?.. Well I could see that. They must have a lot of built of anger. :giggle: Seriously, you're at a hockey game, who gives a crap about what the Lakers did to the Nets. It's all about how the Devils will dominate their Kings. lol.

Basically what I told him

California sports frauds!!

Hate then ALL!!!!!! :rant:

My guess is that they were sitting up in the 4's .... where the most raucous fans are. I've been to numerous Devs/Rags games at MSG, wearing my Devs gear, and never been heckled or had beer thrown at me. Mainly sat in the 2's or 3's where more "respectable" people sit!

My guess is that they were sitting up in the 4's .... where the most raucous fans are. I've been to numerous Devs/Rags games at MSG, wearing my Devs gear, and never been heckled or had beer thrown at me. Mainly sat in the 2's or 3's where more "respectable" people sit!

we were 8 rows from the ice in LA :P

I don't care about fans from non-rival teams. Heck, there was a 'Canes fan I actually felt somewhat bad for at game 1 because he was getting it from all angles, and he never said a word- was just enjoying the game and wasn't being an a$$hole. It's when there is a mass invasion of obnoxious Ranger or Flyer fans that I get pissed, and that's when the rules go out the window. You shouldn't be able to come into OUR building and act like you own the place without a beer getting poured over your head, or a fist getting lodged in your fvcking teeth. And if you bring kids with you and you still act like a douchebag, don't even THINK about playing your stupid kids as victims either- I hate that more than anything. Act like a dick, get treated like one, regardless of the circumstances. Maybe your kids will get a first-hand lesson on why not to act like an a$$hole.

I have to agree with this. If you go into another building rooting for your team, don't be a jerk. You act like a tool, expect to get booed, razzed, beer poured on you, etc. I went to MSG for the last Rangers Devils game wearing my Devils Gear. I was respectful, I never acted like a tool and I was treated with indifference. Some Ranger fans kinda pointed at me when they scored, but hey... that's expected. I didn't get all nutty and aggressive. I shrugged my shoulders and gave an "oh well" expression. There was a Devil's fan acting like an imbecile and he got stuff thrown at him, and security had to come get his behind.

Every fan base has classless fans. Even ours.

Scoops

I don't care about fans from non-rival teams. Heck, there was a 'Canes fan I actually felt somewhat bad for at game 1 because he was getting it from all angles, and he never said a word- was just enjoying the game and wasn't being an a$$hole. It's when there is a mass invasion of obnoxious Ranger or Flyer fans that I get pissed, and that's when the rules go out the window. You shouldn't be able to come into OUR building and act like you own the place without a beer getting poured over your head, or a fist getting lodged in your fvcking teeth. And if you bring kids with you and you still act like a douchebag, don't even THINK about playing your stupid kids as victims either- I hate that more than anything. Act like a dick, get treated like one, regardless of the circumstances. Maybe your kids will get a first-hand lesson on why not to act like an a$$hole.

/thread at the first page

Some of you guy are crazy. Visiting fans should be allowed to attend games and root for their favorite team (politely) and not have to deal with physical threats.

People in Philadelphia are animals. They are physically violent. It is not a safe place for one to take a family to see a hockey game. It is almost not even worth it to go down there to support your team if you are the visiting team.

It's one thing to be an intimidating crowd, but it's clearly another thing to ruin people's evenings and make people actually fear for their own well-being because you feel like being a one-toothed classless a$$hole.

THANK YOU

How did you react to that beer being spilled on you?.. I've constantly heard about other fans doing that, but I always tried to picture what I would do if that ever happened to me..haha! I seriously don't know what I would do.

I would never pour beer on anyone...it costs too much.

Fine, so we'll turn to the other gamesmanship star of this series, Sean Avery, he of the four minors, the game misconduct, the shot to the mug of John Erskine and the shove of Varlamov. He left the ice to a standing ovation, given by hundreds of Rangers fans who brought their Avery sweaters out of storage. They love this guy. Can't imagine why fans who throw popcorn on D.C. fans in wheelchairs would like Avery.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsb...p_and_sean.html

Jerkoffs.

I don't see why people can't just go to a game and be civil.. I mean I enjoy cheering Rangers Suck (not to the extent which it currently occurs, but that a different thread) and I even like when Crazy Jaime calls other fans losers after they instigate sh!t in 225/226.. But what I hate is that people go too far by swearing in front of children and even physically harming others.. We're all still human beings even if we support different teams.. One of my best friends is a Rangers fan and I don't punch him or pour beer on him when we hang out.. It's fine to intensely root for your team, but when you start attacking fans of another team you are a scum bag.. People need to grow up.. This isn't the playground at recess anymore.. Only time I ever support intense verbal fighting and even a little shoving is when fans from another team come to our building drunk and shouting obscenities with kids around, then shots below the belt are okay

A guy whose worst sin is wearing the wrong jersey does NOT deserve to be abused.

It all comes down to respect. Fans of visiting teams should be shown respect unless they prove themselves unworthy of said respect.

fair enough

Completely true. Back and forth cheers and jeers are a fun. Any jersey is allowed to be worn in the building. Root for whatever team you want.

BUT, if you pour beer on me...it's lights out...no matter what jersey you wear.