This is for you Martin Brodeur, you know what to do with it

'7'

I never thought I would support a thread like this. Never in my 14+ years of following this team would I EVER think that Marty Brodeur should head for the exits. I know every other fan in the NHL would call us idiots for thinking this, but if you followed this team the way most of us do you would know DAMN WELL that this isn't the same Brodeur that was winning cups in 95, 00, and 03. Remember that old ticket commercial where Langs said he plays for the front of the jersey and not the back. Marty doesn't. This season was about him breaking records and personal accolades and we can all see through the bullsh!t. If this game was for the record that save is made.

I'll say it again...

IF THIS GAME WAS TO BREAK ANY KIND OF INDIVIDUAL RECORD FOR BRODEUR HE WOULD HAVE MADE THOSE LAST TWO SAVES.

I know it and you know it.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiled. Just what I said. Clemmer held this team together all season. Brodeur has been out most of the season.

Marty loses after playing all season then he shouldn't play as much because he gets burned out.

Marty loses after sitting out most of the season and he sucks and should retire.

Marty can't win. He is damned is does and damned if he doesn't.

Everyone expects Marty to be the 1995, 2000, 2003, Vezina winning Marty. Marty shouldn't have returned this season and just left Clemmer play. Oh wait, then if Clemmer lost it would be because we didn't have Marty.

This forum is as bipolar as it has ever been.

I sure miss Madddog. :(

So I end as I started. Spoiled.

He could always just stop the shots he should, especially if he is one of the best goalies of all-time. If he's not, fine, I'm just sick of him acting like he is. The fact that he sat out the whole year and still let in some soft goals proves that maybe he's not as great as everyone thinks.

I'm not really sure how that shows that people are spoiled. People just like to throw around that word because they think that they're so smart and insightful.

I couldn't bear to watch the last two minutes. Did Carolina pull Ward for the extra skater? I'm thinking they didn't?

i dont think so.. i could be wrong though.. the Canes scored that goal because that fvcking defenseman dove and kept that puck in. unreal.

Worse loss in franchise history. Worse then '94 game 7, worse then '01 game 7, worse then any of those late 90's first round exits. I'm done defending it. Everyone is right. He can have all the records he wants but Brodeur is not a big playoff goalie like Roy. How the fvck do you let that 4th goal in? HOW? Please Marty tell me!!!! The first one was just as sickening but that 4th one ripped my goddamn guts and heart out.

I am more crushed now then any playoff loss I've ever seen. Two years in a row in OUR building and we get ass jacked!!! Fvck!!!!!

He could always just stop the shots he should, especially if he is one of the best goalies of all-time. If he's not, fine, I'm just sick of him acting like he is. The fact that he sat out the whole year and still let in some soft goals proves that maybe he's not as great as everyone thinks.

I'm not really sure how that shows that people are spoiled. People just like to throw around that word because they think that they're so smart and insightful.

I am smart and insightful. I don't get all bent out of shape when my team loses and demand everything under the sun. Blame this one. Blame that one. Get another coach. Give me a break. The majority of Devil fans have no idea what bad is. No idea whatsoever. Why? Because they are spoiled. They are so used to winning that a loss is the end of the world as they know it. :rolleyes:

I am smart and insightful. I don't get all bent out of shape when my team loses and demand everything under the sun. Blame this one. Blame that one. Get another coach. Give me a break. The majority of Devil fans have no idea what bad is. No idea whatsoever. Why? Because they are spoiled. They are so used to winning that a loss is the end of the world as they know it. :rolleyes:

It's just the disappointment. The frustration. The final minute go ahead )&$)@&%)@# goal! TO )&)^()%)*%&^&&(* Carolina AGAIN! And 2003 is almost last decades Cup. :saddevil:

The Carolina Hurricanes have guts, balls, they are fearless, fast and never quit

The DevilMetJets are chokers, quitters, and gutless cowards.

Yep losing like this AGAIN, feels like a choke too.

Edited by LizDevil30

You've never heard of someone being very angry and thus thinking irrationally? Who said it was the end of the world? I've seen people who are angry on this board because of what just happened. To make that judgment at this time is the opposite of insightful. An insightful and smart person would know that now is not the correct time to judge a person's true character.

:rolleyes:

Marty's save % was a .929 in the series. Initially I would go with laying the loss at his crease. But when it comes to the hurricanes, the Devs just let them swarm our end in the waning minutes. I don't understand it.

just like every single playoff game we've ever played against carolina.

It looks like no one told the Carolina Hurricanes they were playing against the great MB30. I'm sure if they knew he was the greatest goalie in the history of the game they would have never been able to score a single goal. Maybe Brodeur was admiring his reflection and lovely new helmet in the rink-side glass when he let in the two amateur goals.

Talk about team choke?

I hope someone in the Devil's locker room knows the Heimlich maneuver.

Simply put...........PATHETIC LOSERS !

Yep and the fact is no one told Ward either, he outplayed Marty the whole series, even the shutout for Marty Ward was right there with him. The last 2 totally outplayted by Ward. I just knew all of those chances we had and couldnt cash in (especially Madden) and the big saves Ward made on that sequence with Parise Langs and Zajac midway through the 3rd. I was saying to my son watch they will tie this. Sure enough , then I say watch they wil lwin it in OT, and my son informs me no dad Carolina will win it in regulation. (I know he was just joking) but prophetic!!!!! :evilcry:

I blame the D (mostly havalid) because every time i sh!ty goal goes in hes the one on defense. Also the offense can generate ANYTHING. We can blame Marty for every thing but he is still part of the team had has to do his job. and do it right.

Agreed. Havelid was a bust. I think you mean't to say the offense "can't" generate anything. Scoring fell off since Marty's return and he nor any goalie can carry a team. The rest of the team needs to play like they came to.

Bad thing is I live in Raleigh now and I'm gonna have to hear a bunch of sh!t at work tomorrow. I hope Boston rips them a new one.

The Hurricanes are the new Rangers. They still suck...

As much pissed off i am at marty for not blocking that last save we CANNOT blame him for this. He played amazing tonight and if we played better marty wouldn't had to of make that last save. Madden how don't you score on 2 huge opportunities. I thought this game had win all over it for us once it started going. Pando scores, Rolston finally earns the money he makes and elias had a monster body check. So depressing, I don't even know what to do right now.

I really thought the same way going into the 3rd anyway, I mean for 2/3 of the 2nd period, and going into the 3rd, we had shut them down stopped their PP and were getting chances. I am thinkin they will get one they will just wait. Then midway through the 3rd I start getting nervous, too many chances and nothing to show, and now this, I am still devastated, I cannot beleive it, i cant sleep right now.

I really thought the same way going into the 3rd anyway, I mean for 2/3 of the 2nd period, and going into the 3rd, we had shut them down stopped their PP and were getting chances. I am thinkin they will get one they will just wait. Then midway through the 3rd I start getting nervous, too many chances and nothing to show, and now this, I am still devastated, I cannot beleive it, i cant sleep right now.

join the club. nobody is sleeping tonight

this was unfathomable. Though after enduring Mets x2 and Jets I'm not sure why I'm surprised

I never thought I would support a thread like this. Never in my 14+ years of following this team would I EVER think that Marty Brodeur should head for the exits. I know every other fan in the NHL would call us idiots for thinking this, but if you followed this team the way most of us do you would know DAMN WELL that this isn't the same Brodeur that was winning cups in 95, 00, and 03. Remember that old ticket commercial where Langs said he plays for the front of the jersey and not the back. Marty doesn't. This season was about him breaking records and personal accolades and we can all see through the bullsh!t. If this game was for the record that save is made.

I'll say it again...

IF THIS GAME WAS TO BREAK ANY KIND OF INDIVIDUAL RECORD FOR BRODEUR HE WOULD HAVE MADE THOSE LAST TWO SAVES.

I know it and you know it.

Oh nonsense! This is the EXACT same Brodeur, dare I write classic marty in fact?

This team just wasn't as mentally collected. When the sleestack did the diving keep and whoever got his pass - man just sucked it up stayed calm .. It was that guy- that was when iknew it was over.

Marty's only flaw is he gets caught up in his teams play - when there is space and he's on his own, he'll make the save every time . But when guys are going nuts he loses it just a little -- not because he's self indulgent or something, but because he cares -- he cares about the team - he's not as island unto himself

I'm tired!!!!!!$ godnight iphones bug me!

Alright ^7^...put down the gun. Sure Marty probably should have had the GWG but this series should have been over by now. If the Devils showed even a little intensity in game 6 who knows? We have no scoring depth, plain and simple. If we got a good center for line two this season would be different. Zubrus/ Elias/Langs were definately playing hurt that's two of our top 3 players right there.

Blame Marty all you want, but he was very good in the playoffs. The Devils only played one 60 minute games all playoffs. I don't care if you're Detroit you aren't gonna win a series if you only play one 60 minute game. The fact is, Cam Ward was just a little better, that's it. I'm not about to throw Marty under the bus for allowing two cheap goals in 7 games.

I really want to keep Shanny. He was fantastic this post season. Who knows, maybe next year will be the year we see the 30 goal scoring Rolston? It's certainly a possiblity.

Marty's only flaw is he gets caught up in his teams play - when there is space and he's on his own, he'll make the save every time . But when guys are going nuts he loses it just a little -- not because he's self indulgent or something, but because he cares -- he cares about the team - he's not as island unto himself

I agree.

join the club. nobody is sleeping tonight

this was unfathomable. Though after enduring Mets x2 and Jets I'm not sure why I'm surprised

Honestly I am a Phillies fan living over here ouside of Philly. But that is besides the point. I just dont get it. I know everybody thinks wel lit is Zubrus, it is Rolston it is Mottau Madden whoever. I still say this I dont care if everone thinks I am crazy, but Marty pissed someone off in the room after the record was broken. I mean How does this team go from 1 point behind Boston and many's concensus to make it to the finals to this????? I mean all of a sudden the D cant clear the puck they are giving up 40 + shots a game??? the peronel did not change, something mentally or something went wrong in the room. This team takes the Canes out in 5 if they play this series mid February. NOw this?? They just dont get to be a bad team. the chemistry got screwed somehow, and they could not get it back. I think Marty pissed someone off, and then sides were taken. (the locker room was more divided than togethewr) I mean even winning what 4 of their last 5? How did they win them very lackluster efforts, and now this!!

Something will come out I hope to explain this. It isnt just well the Canes were better, because they WERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!