This is for you Martin Brodeur, you know what to do with it

'7'

Our last 2 lines had a total of 3 goals and even that much was a surprise.

they had 4 goals if you count the mottau one but i'm sure you don't, and 4 goals for them is around their expectation given what they cumulatively scored this season and last season.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they had 4 goals if you count the mottau one but i'm sure you don't, and 4 goals for them is around their expectation given what they cumulatively scored this season and last season.

ok..so having low expectations for them is the way to go. At the beginning of the season everyone was boasting how easily we could roll 4 lines. Rolston and Zubrus havent really panned out yet, cant blame management for that, but its time to get the lupuls and hartnells

How can you say the team has offensive depth, and then say that 3-4 goals combined for the last two lines (i.e. half of our team) for a 7 game series is acceptable?

ok..so having low expectations for them is the way to go. At the beginning of the season everyone was boasting how easily we could roll 4 lines. Rolston and Zubrus havent really panned out yet, cant blame management for that, but its time to get the lupuls and hartnells

cause that did so much for philly - one of them will be gone anyway b/c of the cap.

this year was the flyers year with cap issues coming. although giroux and vanremsdyk should help them as they fob off high salaried guys.

where was carolina's depth - it only appeared because staal changed lines and brought more wingers to the party.

they didn't need it. staal dominated from game 4 on and we really didnt have an answer. One could make an argument that Jokinen and Larose created depth, but they did get alot of generous bounces

cause that did so much for philly - one of them will be gone anyway b/c of the cap.

this year was the flyers year with cap issues coming. although giroux and vanremsdyk should help them as they fob off high salaried guys.

well their D and Biron killed them. IMO Paul Holmgren has been the best GM since the lock out. Sans Briere, he has made tremendous moves

The Devils played a great game up until the last minute. They were the better team tonight, except for that crucial last minute. Brodeur let it in two bad goals tonight, so Brodeur can have some of the blame. He was definitely outplayed by Ward tonight. But the players on the ice in that last minute deserve just as much of the blame. I don't think its right to blame Madden for missing those chances, or any of the other chances they missed. A good team can kill those last few minutes. I hate to be hard on Parise, but he was caught in nowhere land on that last sequence of events before the tying goal.

I really don't understand why Carolina is the team to torture us like this and to continually find ways of beating this team in the ways they do. I've never seen so much luck go one teams way, and not the other. I hope that team gets fvcked up by the caps. Hopefully Staal is taken out on a stretcher before that series is over.

they didn't need it. staal dominated from game 4 on and we really didnt have an answer. One could make an argument that Jokinen and Larose created depth, but they did get alot of generous bounces

of this, i agree. but my point was that killing on lack of depth is inaccurate for the devils.

look guys - it was a ridiculously even series. staal was a little better and marty was the only goalie to give up softies in any game & they both came in game 7.

Seriously, we could have put a dead body on defense, and it would have done better in the last 1:20 of that game, it would have just fell on the puck and killed off probably 25-30 seconds.

Besides that, fvck Staal and fvck the lucky ass hurricanes (lowercase)

god damn im fvckin drunk right now

of this, i agree. but my point was that killing on lack of depth is inaccurate for the devils.

look guys - it was a ridiculously even series. staal was a little better and marty was the only goalie to give up softies in any game & they both came in game 7.

Carolina didnt need depth because they had a player no one on the Devils had an answer to. The Devils don't have a superstar like Staal or even a Dman that can compete with his combination of size and skill

How can you say the team has offensive depth, and then say that 3-4 goals combined for the last two lines (i.e. half of our team) for a 7 game series is acceptable?

how much do you expect out of your bottom 2 lines? in a 7 game series you're not going to be scoring a lot of goals (that's why it's a 7 game series). in fact they had 4 goals not counting the mottau goal, so let's wipe that one out. are you really saying that you expect 6 goals out of your bottom 6 forwards in 7 games? this is 70 goals a season, which is totally unreasonable to expect. 5 goals? fine - so the devils might have missed a goal in their bottom 6 over a 7 game series, that PROVES they had no depth and should tear the team down. i wish i could be this retarded.

Edited by Triumph

how much do you expect out of your bottom 2 lines? in a 7 game series you're not going to be scoring a lot of goals (that's why it's a 7 game series). in fact they had 4 goals not counting the mottau goal, so let's wipe that one out. are you really saying that you expect 6 goals out of your bottom 6 forwards in 7 games? this is 70 goals a season, which is totally unreasonable to expect. 5 goals? fine - so the devils might have missed a goal in their bottom 6 over a 7 game series, that PROVES they had no depth and should tear the team down. i wish i could be this retarded.

the core shouldnt change (Marty, Elias, Parise, Zajac, Langs and Martin). but depth isnt only the bottom 2 lines. You think we can compete with Pittsburgh, Washington, and Boston with Zubrus killing Elias and Gio. Now Zubrus from the first half of the year is a different story. But no one sans Clarkson, Madden (if he comes back) and shanny if he wants to come back should be safe. Unfortunately Rolston is unmovable

because this is a fvcking fluky game and the bounces would take 2 seasons to even out - 'clutch' is bullsh!t

Ya know, Triumph, sometimes you have to throw the stats out the window. I don't want to hear about averages and standard deviations.

Canes are better. They made plays. Their forechecking against our defensemen was men vs. boys.

zach parise says hi.

although i understand what you are thinking here in that parise's star is because he's so tenacious while staal has more talent.

no shot at Parise but he doesnt dominate. Sure he has the stats but once teams key in on him he's not as effective. Elias and his line should have had their chances but they didnt.

I love Parise and what he brings but he cant do what a Staal, Lecavalier, or Ovechkin can. His heart and effort is what makes him a star..sometimes thats not enough

I really hope this entire group of pansy fvckwads offs themselves, save for Parise, Langenbrunner and Zajac. Honestly. I think the reason I'm able to articulate these thoughts in such a clean, crisp manner is because I still haven't processed what I just witnessed.

Edited by MadDog2020

Bullsh!t. That guy has superstar stickhandling ability and great hands. Watch much?

really? how often do you see him beat a defender one on one? easily 3/4 of his goals come from within a couple feet of the goal. He has hockey smarts effort and skill. But his skill isnt overwhelming

You've never heard of someone being very angry and thus thinking irrationally? Who said it was the end of the world? I've seen people who are angry on this board because of what just happened. To make that judgment at this time is the opposite of insightful. An insightful and smart person would know that now is not the correct time to judge a person's true character.

:rolleyes:

I don't care who you are or what team you root for, or how many champiosnships that team has won- if your team loses the way our team just lost and you're not angry- you need to be checked for a pulse. I'm so far beyond angry that I don't think they've invented the word to describe it yet.

I just still don't believe this motherfvcking big choke Marty you are a good goalie but fvck you its not the first

time you do something like that fvck off i think i gonna need some hard sh!t to forget this sh!t.At least i hope

Lou makes the good move in the summer so we can come back next season more competitive.

Lou's best move would be to retire himself. With the low grade aquisitions he's made in the past three years, it's safe to say he's very much at fault for our collective collapses...

Zubrus was a phantom, as was Rolston...not to mention that Holik didn't play...c'mon...make a trade and bring in Phaneuf...perhaps then we can build a team around a solid D-man...

I don't care who you are or what team you root for, or how many champiosnships that team has won- if your team loses the way our team just lost and you're not angry- you need to be checked for a pulse.

Or in catatonic shock, one of the two.

I must admit I was pretty angry when I threw my towel into an aisle and not-so-neatly deposited my unread program into the trash though.

Edited by NJDevs26

Ya know, Triumph, sometimes you have to throw the stats out the window. I don't want to hear about averages and standard deviations.

Canes are better. They made plays. Their forechecking against our defensemen was men vs. boys.

Triumph is the best poster on this forum when it comes to nuts and bolts hockey knowledge, he has been from our Network 54 days. He's so spot on that sometimes I think it's Lou in disguise or that he might be close to somebody within the organization. I'm serious, he's that ahead of the curve

But I don't think you focus enough on the human aspect of things. In the waning seconds they were thinking about past failures against Carolina...and they were weakened by this. Brodeur was thinking about the soft one's he let through...and because of this he couldn't settle down and ultimately let another soft one get through. They're not robots, even in the heat of the moment it creeps into their heads. Despite their millions and cars and beautiful wives, this stuff still gets to them. You can't just explain this away as random freak occurences.

But I don't think you focus enough on the human aspect of things. In the waning seconds they were thinking about past failures against Carolina...and they were weakened by this. Brodeur was thinking about the soft one's he let through...

I might agree with you on the latter, but as far as the first part of this statement, they pulled the same crap down the stretch too. Trying to sit on leads, play all defense. You just cannot do that in this NHL! This season ended when Sutter revived the checking line.