THE OFFICIAL I BLAME THREAD ...

El Diablo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the hockey gods. They clearly smited (smote?) us for cheering when the Rangers game went final instead of worrying about our own issues.

The hockey gods were just as bad to the Rangers!! I was hoping at least one of the teams would make it to the 2nd round after both going to game 7! Being an Islander fan, I need some sort of consolation.. :argh:

I blame the mascot. He wasn't clutch in the playoffs. Didn't bring his A game.

I disagree! The mascot stepped up his game big-time, what with the drum and the pies. N.J. showed up.

On a serious(ish) note, the game-day production stuff was really amped up for the playoffs. New "cams" (Devil horns cam, with Devil Inside by INXS as the soundtrack? Nice.)

And there was definitely a custom-made song for the Devils that they used late in the first period for a "Make Some Noise" thing. The singer definitely said something about "Devils fans" in the song. I want to know who it is, but somehow I doubt we'll find out now.

I blame the crowd in the lower section for not wearing all RED! I swear, looking up from the top, it looked like a collection of skittles down below. Compare that with the Calgary game the other night (99% RED), the Caps home games (99.9% RED)!

Um, bull-fvcking-sh!t!!!

We in 209 stood HALF THE DAMN GAME AND SCREAMED

This is the first time in my life I can't speak good the next day!!!

you guys both got a point. I was in 210 and was a mix, may people yelling other people just watching the game without saying a word.

The trouble with our crowd is the loud mouth section usually are isolate in the top conners of the Arena, section 233,209,208 and so on. the others usually don't bother to show up.

Even the sections in the middle of the upper mezzanine. The usually are "quite"

I blame the crowd in the lower section for not wearing all RED! I swear, looking up from the top, it looked like a collection of skittles down below. Compare that with the Calgary game the other night (99% RED), the Caps home games (99.9% RED)!

Calgary fans are on a whole different level than all other fans. They are hands down the best. Hard to be compared to them.

I think the Caps give out the red shirts to fans. sh!ttsburgh did the same thing and the Flyers did too. I'm not a fan of it for the Devils because we lost in the first round all 3 times the tried to do it ("Join the crowd, where white" in '02 and than "rock your red" the past 2 years. If the Devils really want a "red-out" though they gotta not be cheap and give the red shirts out.

Lou for serving the same ol sh!t year in year out.

...the #1 move (or lack there of) that really bothered me was the delayed trigger on Schneider. I gotta hand it to Montreal, they beat everyone to him 2 weeks before the deadline. I think Schneider would've really helped us in the playoffs, on the PP inparticular. He def would've been > than Havelid.

-EDIT: Just a side note, Schneider had the same amount of points as Rolston for the year, (32) and only 3 more games played. (64-67) :w00t::rofl:

Edited by Beezer34

I blame Marty for letting in a goal with .02 ceconds left in Game 4. Also for the two softies that he let in in game 7.

I blame Havelid for not protecting the back door when Jokenien tied the game.

I blame Eric Staal for his Game 6 rout of the Devils, and his late game heroics.

I also blame Jokenien for tying game 7 and winning game 4.