OOT Scoreboard - Fri. 5/8. ECSF & WCSF - Round 2.

SatansDevils

unfvcking real with those Canes.. they seriously must have the highest % for making it to the SCF when they make the postseason.. i bet they end up in the SCF again if they end up knocking off Boston. <_<

Edited by nmigliore

Hey, if the Cane's make it to the Finals, it means the Devs got beat by the best. Sure, losing in the first round sucks but when you lose to a team who's one win away from beating the best team in the East, it makes it easier to swallow.

Hey, if the Cane's make it to the Finals, it means the Devs got beat by the best. Sure, losing in the first round sucks but when you lose to a team who's one win away from beating the best team in the East, it makes it easier to swallow.

That would be even worst because we are just 2 mins away from winning the Conference, or maybe the Cup.

Nope. It makes me that much more bitter.

Game is getting nasty at the end as Boston is letting out their frustrations. Boston better kick some ass in Game 5 on their home ice. Fvck!

Final in Carolina as Carolina wins their third in a row in this series, both on home ice 4-1 over Boston. :puke: Carolina now pushes Boston to the brink of elimination as they lead the series 3-1 with Game 5 in Boston and a must win for Boston. Time to play desperate hockey Boston.

Pittsburgh overwhelms Washington to even series at 2-2.

Carolina Staal 2-goals pushes Boston to the brink.

Both games are final tonight.

Washington 3 Pittsburgh 5 F (Series Tied @ 2-2)

Boston 1 Carolina 4 F (Carolina leads series 3-1)

Series isn't over but got to hand it to Carolina. What an incredible job they are doing. Eric Staal has been on quite the mission.

No, its not over but Boston will have to make some comeback in this series. They can do it, but it will be tough. Staal, Ward and Jokinen are on their way for the Conn Smythe so far. Boston has to fight for that win on Sunday night in Game 5 and push it to a Game 6 in Carolina at least.

No, not really. The way the Devils lost and blew Game 7, nothing makes it easier to swallow. Sorry.

Devils blew Game 7 no matter how you look at it and the series and still believe they are better than Carolina. Carolina was lucky to win the Devils series and now they are getting on a roll in the Boston series. Boston has not played in this series (besides Game 1) the way they should be playing. They are sitting back like the Devils did and Carolina is taking it to them. That needs to chjange in Game 5 in Boston.

Well, credit where credit is due, the Carolina Hurricanes are a very good team. They forecheck like they are on a powerplay at 5-on-5 and they never give up and play a full 60 minutes. The coaching is second to NONE, getting the players to play with that kind of intensity is exemplary.

Although we may berate the Canes fans as being hicks and other derogatory names, give them credit, they make a lot of noise, unlike some "traditional" hockey market teams cough NYR cough Red Wings etc who only get noisy when they are winning.

As I said before the Boston Bruins are grossly overrated, few believed me but now we are seeing the truth unfurl in front of our eyes.

As much as Chara is a good defenseman, he is not an elite defenseman. He is in a category below Neidermayer, Lidstrom and Pronger.

Tim Thomas fairy tale season is coming back down to earth with a bang, he is looking like what he really is in this series-average.

Kessel, Savard,Lucic and Krejci are missing in action, maybe the Boston police can put an apb out for them.(or maybe they are just overrated)

I wouldn't be surprised if the Canes wrap up the series in Boston on Sunday night, it only delays the inevitable if they don't, Boston is toast.

The media has fooled a lot of people by giving the Bruins a lot of attention, but all eyes are on the Canes now, and rightly so.

The Bruins are a paper tiger, a dog and pony show, they got nothin'.

Actually, no.

It makes a GM lazy because he can sit back and say, "See!! See!! We weren't really that bad!! We simply lost to a better team and that team went on to win Lord Stanley's Holy Grail!! I love this team!! There's absolutely nothing that we have to change!! Just unload a couple of UFAs, plug in a few of our kids down on the farm and we're off and running!! We just hit a team who was so much better in every catagory than we were!!"

I know Lou like the skin on my gloriously naked body.

Too predictable. :whistling:

Actually, no.

It makes a GM lazy because he can sit back and say, "See!! See!! We weren't really that bad!! We simply lost to a better team and that team went on to win Lord Stanley's Holy Grail!! I love this team!! There's absolutely nothing that we have to change!! Just unload a couple of UFAs, plug in a few of our kids down on the farm and we're off and running!! We just hit a team who was so much better in every catagory than we were!!"

I know Lou like the skin on my gloriously naked body.

Too predictable. :whistling:

He apparently doesn't remember how we lost. IN A WAY THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. It doesn't matter if you're playing the Carolina Hurricanes, the Red Army Team, one of the great Canadiens teams from the 70's, or a local squirt hockey team.... that should never, EVER happen.

If Lou does come into this line of justification for what happens, it's time for him to go. That is the epitome of being a good loser. And a good loser will likely never stop losing.

I'm so pissed with the bruins right now. So much for them being a #1 seed.

Yeah well any team can choke in the playoffs. We had a sh--load of losses as the #1 in the first or second round, so did Detroit for that matter. Boston's a young team with a cardboard coach and that combo doomed them against a playoff-tested Carolina team. I felt if Boston lost one of the first two they were screwed.

watching the replay since I missed the game. this is worse than I thought. it took them 10 minutes to get a shot in the 3rd. they're down 2-1 and they're losing. Julien truly is a garbage coach. Why do I have a feeling they get most of their shots in the last 5 minutes of the game after they go down 3 and then 4-1? Haven't seen that before...

3 shots in the 3rd for the Bruins before the game was lost. 4 in the first. just bad. we didn't play this bad at any point of the series. and we were never in the position where we had to do something until we went down 1-0 in Game 7. Boston NEEDED this.

Well, credit where credit is due, the Carolina Hurricanes are a very good team. They forecheck like they are on a powerplay at 5-on-5 and they never give up and play a full 60 minutes. The coaching is second to NONE, getting the players to play with that kind of intensity is exemplary.

Although we may berate the Canes fans as being hicks and other derogatory names, give them credit, they make a lot of noise, unlike some "traditional" hockey market teams cough NYR cough Red Wings etc who only get noisy when they are winning.

As I said before the Boston Bruins are grossly overrated, few believed me but now we are seeing the truth unfurl in front of our eyes.

As much as Chara is a good defenseman, he is not an elite defenseman. He is in a category below Neidermayer, Lidstrom and Pronger.

Tim Thomas fairy tale season is coming back down to earth with a bang, he is looking like what he really is in this series-average.

Kessel, Savard,Lucic and Krejci are missing in action, maybe the Boston police can put an apb out for them.(or maybe they are just overrated)

I wouldn't be surprised if the Canes wrap up the series in Boston on Sunday night, it only delays the inevitable if they don't, Boston is toast.

The media has fooled a lot of people by giving the Bruins a lot of attention, but all eyes are on the Canes now, and rightly so.

The Bruins are a paper tiger, a dog and pony show, they got nothin'.

While I agree with everything you said about the Canes, I disagree with your point about the Bruins. They weren't overrated during the regular season. If you watched them day in and day out, you would know they were simply a great team. They might lose but like Has said, a lot of the times the best team has lost before the Finals. Tim Thomas is a great goalie and it be stupid to put any blame on him during this series. Like people have pointed out, you're going to blame a goalie when the team in front only put 21 shots on goal in a huge game? Boston is still a very young team and they'll be back. Chara is certainly struggling but the Canes have really used a ton of speed to get at him.

You can try and act smart saying the Bruins were overrated but don't tell me you thought it be the Canes who would prove that. I bet you assumed the Devils would be the top dog and it certainly wasn't them.

I do want to add that it really helps Carolina that they finished a 7 game pressure cooker where they faced the most intense situations, while Boston had a long lay off after a series where they weren't remotely tested. Paul Maurice deserves so much credit. What an outstanding job he has done with this team.

Edited by devilsrule33

None of the Canes fans I talked to prior to the series thought they had a chance. As angry as I was/am at the Canes, I figured they would win this simply because when they get into the playoffs, they always seem to play at a different level. Oh and they are so damn lucky.