Njdevs Fantasy Football, Version 2009....

CRASHER

If there's one thing I have it's keeper candidates up the wazoo...Benson (7th round), Orton (14th round), Steve Smith AND Mike Sims-Walker (15th round).

Of course the one thing I really need (besides good health) is a TE but those aren't generally available, especially since like every team's still in playoff contention :P I'd almost certainly try to trade from my WR depth if I was gonna do any deal though.

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that a QB should ever be kept. If bensons injury doesnt slow him down Id say him, because, although the NFL is not a running back league anymore, he is still rather consistent, whereas the WRs arent(both Steve Smtihs are too up and down, as is MSW)

I dont think that a QB should ever be kept. If bensons injury doesnt slow him down Id say him, because, although the NFL is not a running back league anymore, he is still rather consistent, whereas the WRs arent(both Steve Smtihs are too up and down, as is MSW)

Eh, Orton wasn't a real consideration for me...he might be for someone else but not me. I'm probably leaning toward Benson too although I think you're selling Smith and Sims-Walker a bit short, both have had tremendous breakout years. It's the question of do you use a seventh-rounder to keep a probable top five pick next year or a fifteenth rounder to keep a third or fourth-round type WR.

Probably can't do any moves at this point anyway though maybe I should before everyone else gets wiped out :P

It all depends on where I'm picking, who my keeper is going to be. If I get dibbs and get a low pick, I'll obviously just re-up AD. But, if I have a chance to get AD or a player of his caliber, I'll probably re-up Desean Jackson. Should be interesting, indeed.

I don't think there is value in keeping AP... ie 1st, 1st overall (giving up your 1st rounder to pick AP)

compared to taking the 1st, 9th-12th overall... and a 2nd-4th rounder for your 15th, etc. This past season, you would have grabbed Gore or the best stat RB of the draft so far, Chris Johnson. No one was picking Westbrook... he was an auto-pick assign penalty in basically every draft. Or you could always swap your 1st round picks to get a top 3 pick again, etc.

DeSean Jackson I could see going both ways on. He shouldn't be a 1st round pick - as he is a very hit/miss big play type wide receiver. But will defintely be a 2nd rounder (if he's in the 3rd, he's a must take). Looking at this past year... Fitzgerald was the only one take in the 1st... at the 10 spot. The 2nd round had A Johnson, R Moss, C Johnson, Steve Smith CAR and Greg Jennings... I expect to see Jackson in that group... So you'd be swapping your 5th for a 2nd.

I don't like the value gained in trading your 5th round WR selection for a 2nd round WR selation. If you can get a 2nd/3rd round WR for your 15th (like Steve Smith (NYG), Austin, etc)... but if you dont have a late round keeper, I could see justification in that.

You could also argue its better to have 2 2nd round picks and no 5th... rather than 2 3rd/4th round picks and no 15th. I obviously prefer the latter.

I traded LeSean McCoy (he has Westbrook) and Kyle Orton (my starter) for Aaron Rodgers (he was playing matchups with Favre) in my cash league.

I always seem to get good trades done at the deadline. But is this a fair trade? Its a cash league and I want to make sure its a justified trade and not some guy just giving up on the season... and throwing me a bone where he can. He was light on RBs with Westbrook injured, - I was rich in RB and piss-poor with QB...

I was surprised he took it... and anticipated a counter to give up more.

League scoring (QB and TD heavy league):

QB

.25 per reception

6pts per passing td

1pt per 20 passing ... 5pt bonus for 300+ yd game

RB

6pts per rushing td

1pt per 20 rushing, 5pt bonus for 150+ yd game

My lineup prior ( return yards = rushing yards = receiving yards, 20 yards = 1pt)

-----------------------------------------------------

6th of 14, 5-5-0, 822.44 (top team 947.05)... top 4 go into playoffs week 15/16

QB: Orton, Cassel (Start 1)

WR: R Moss, Burleson, Weems, Edwards (start 3)

RB: S Jackson, Grant, McCoy, Moreno, Choice, Snelling (start 2)

TE: Celek

no flex positions

his team

------------------------------------------------------------

14th of 14, 3-7-0, 716.17

QB: Rodgers, Favre

WR: Mason, Driver, Austin, Berrian, Chambers

RB: Westbrook, Stewart, Lendale White

TE: Witten, Pettigrew

Edited by aylbert

I think it was partially him Tanking, like in the 2 leagues im in Rodgers is the top fantasy QB. Ortons Hurt, high ankle sprains suck.

Rodgers isnt as good in my cash league... those .25 points per reception add up... they hurt Brees and Rodgers value as they throw less than Manning, Brady and Warner

In this league, he is 6th best... with his other QB, Favre as 7th best

Manning 323.84

Brady 297.98

Brees 270.58

Schuab 269.11

Warner 257.95

Rodgers 252.33

Favre 241.88

.......16th Orton 188.97

It is the frustrating thing about fantasy football. Half the time it is all luck. Garcon and Owens have done nothing for a while. And the Saints split carries with Bell and Thomas today. Thomas does everything to get them inside the 5, and then they go with Bell for the goal line carries. Just luck of the draw.

The top 2 teams are both fuming over my acquisition of Aaron Rodgers for McCoy and Orton.

After a lengthy debate, and getting outside-the-league opinions it was approved at the deadline.

Since then, Rodgers posted two huge game in a row, as I faced the top 2 teams... that is not helping my cause.

I am the 5th ranked... with top 4 going to the playoffs...

lol, McCoy has a lot more value now that he's probably the starter for good (especially for that guy's team given his crappy RB situation) and Orton's had a decent year in his first season with McDaniels and those receivers. Yeah he probably could have gotten a better return for Rodgers but imo your league - or any other league - shouldn't legislate against stupidity, only collusion, and that trade wasn't near bad enough to be collusion.

It'll be interesting to see how our league pans out, if both the 5-6 teams lose this week, there's guaranteed to be a team with a losing record in the playoffs. Of course there's also the three-way battle for the two byes.

Edited by Hasan4978

imo your league - or any other league - shouldn't legislate against stupidity, only collusion, and that trade wasn't near bad enough to be collusion.

That was the ruling opinion. If there was no collusion, they can't legislate against bad trades. You can't veto a trade because you think the guy could get better.

In the end, no one else was willing to send a starting RB and QB to him for a QB. We're a 14 man deep league and some have 3 qb's. So there are no starting QB's on waivers barring random injuries to Warner/Big Ben, etc

I could have sent Orton/Cassel and McCoy to him for Favre, but I don't see that trade being any different.

--------------------------

In our league, my team needs a new coach. I bench Austin at all the wrong times.

I actually got Carson Palmer for Manningham in one of my other leagues because NO ONE made an offer ... and he's one of those "I like the Giants and Jets" fans :blahblah::rolleyes:

so we all steal a good trade or now and then B )

And here's the Week 13 matchups:

New Jersey Swamps (7-5) vs. FaithJakeNoMore! (4-8) - Masked's win in Week 12 eliminated dr from playoff contention so he's just trying to play spoiler. Even with a loss I most likely won't go lower than fourth since I'm way ahead of Sworn Defenders and Masked on points. I could go up to 3rd or even second with losses by the other 8-4 teams but that's unlikely since they're both playing teams they'll be favored against.

Masked Marauders (6-6) vs. Smirking Revenge (8-4) - A win and Masked gets the final playoff spot, incredible really from a 2-6 start and last in the league in points until this week, but a loss and Masked may well be out depending on which of the other 5-7 teams wins and points scored. Smirking Revenge can still get a bye with a win and about fifteen points more than VALUE's team in Week 13, but last week's loss did really damage Udx's bye chances.

VALUE = RATINGS! (8-4) vs. Big Blue (4-8) - Despite three straight losses, VALUE still has the inside track on the bye with more points scored than Smirking Revenge and a winnable game against the only other team with no chance to make the playoffs.

Dirty Sanchezs (5-7) vs. martysb3tt3r (9-3) - A win clinches first overall for mb3 but a loss and he could drop down to third with wins by both VALUE and Smirking since he's not close to them on points. Dirty Sanchezs still has a shot at the playoffs but needs a win, a Masked loss and to be ahead of the other 6-7 teams on points

MantaRavens (5-7) vs. Sworn Defenders (6-6) - MantaRavens is still mathmatically alive but not realistically since he's a bit behind the other 5-7 teams on points and also needs a Masked loss as well, not to mention a win against a Sworn Defenders team that's already clinched a playoff berth more or less given his total points. He likely stays at fifth with a win, but could be sixth with a loss and Masked win.

WackMC's (5-7) vs. Kyle Orton's PR Dept (5-7) - One of these teams will get to 6-7 and could be fighting with Dirty Sanchezes for point total to decide the final playoff spot if Masked loses. Obviously the loser is eliminated.

WackMC's (5-7) vs. Kyle Orton's PR Dept (5-7) - One of these teams will get to 6-7 and could be fighting with Dirty Sanchezes for point total to decide the final playoff spot if Masked loses. Obviously the loser is eliminated.

Damn, this could be good, or really, really ugly. Both of my qbs are hurt now, though it looks like Roethlisberger is going to play this week (knock on wood). And I've finally decided to stop using the Giants defense. I was lucky as hell this week, not gonna lie, I got a lucky matchup.

So a win and I earn the regular-season title, along with my second straight first-round-bye (in 2 years). Sophomore slump my ass! :)

gratz, but don't get to full of yourself... its a h2h league, but overall - you're 5th in points... so luck plays a big part in that.

gratz, but don't get to full of yourself... its a h2h league, but overall - you're 5th in points... so luck plays a big part in that.

Which, as you stated before, averages out to a 9-3 recorded assuming top 6 = win, bottom 6 = loss. But keep jumping on the "you're a fluke" button.

I don't know where you see the word fluke in there... if you don't think that luck and good fortune in matchups week to week and injuries are a factor in fantasy football results, you're more deluded then the RU fool in the NFL thread :P

Which, as you stated before, averages out to a 9-3 recorded assuming top 6 = win, bottom 6 = loss. But keep jumping on the "you're a fluke" button.

Actually that was my point. For the heck of it, I pro-rated out the other teams ahead of you on total points:

Smirking Revenge - 11th, 5th, 6th, 9th, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 8th, 8th, 5th (prorates out to 8-4, which matches his record)

VALUE - 6th, 6th, 2nd, 1st, 7th, 2nd, 9th, 4th, 3rd, 7th, 11th, 8th (prorates out to 7-5, one game below his actual total)

aylbert did himself and still prorates out to 6-6, which matches his record

I did myself and I prorate out to 9-3 (actual record 7-5...pfft)

And the other playoff team, Masked prorates out to 4-8 (two straight weeks with wins while finishing 10th in points) :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Just for fun, I put some statistical data into Outlook (screenshot attached)

The chart shows totals & averages. It also shows weeks in which your team score was 10 points better (+10) or 10 points worse (-10) than your average.

The numbers tended slightly towards below averages, but most people stayed within one of each other. MB3 was right in saying he's had the lowest variance between lows and highs (2:2) but saying he hasn't had a clunker is a little bit of a white lie: his two bad scores were really bad.

Really, the streakiest was Wack MCs (1:4), everyone else was pretty close in the number of good games vs. number of bad games. Big Blue actually had the most bad weeks over the course of the season (5) and most good weeks goes to NJSwamps (5)

post-897-125971116912_thumb.jpg

Just for fun, I put some statistical data into Outlook (screenshot attached)

The chart shows totals & averages. It also shows weeks in which your team score was 10 points better (+10) or 10 points worse (-10) than your average.

The numbers tended slightly towards below averages, but most people stayed within one of each other. MB3 was right in saying he's had the lowest variance between lows and highs (2:2) but saying he hasn't had a clunker is a little bit of a white lie: his two bad scores were really bad.

Really, the streakiest was Wack MCs (1:4), everyone else was pretty close in the number of good games vs. number of bad games. Big Blue actually had the most bad weeks over the course of the season (5) and most good weeks goes to NJSwamps (5)

Nice, Value.

Streakiness FTW. My team started off decently enough and has been mediocre for a while now.

For the record, my playoffs started 4 weeks ago. :evil: I've been having to fight the top dogs almost every week too.

Hell yeah! Luck has something to do with it!