N.F.L. Week 15

CRASHER

It's already pushed back to 4pm though...

you'd really think the Bears would get off their asses and get there a day early... what are they gonna do, play it tomorrow???

They GOTTA play this game, it's big for the Ravens... what an annoyance.....they should tell the Bears to get there or forfeit :P

It's not like they played 3 games in 4 nights or anything.......

Back in 2004 I remember the Patriots flying to Pittsburgh 2 1/2 days before the AFC Championship game because of a predicted big snow storm. Due to the storm the Patriots had to conduct their final walk-through in the hotel ballroom instead of at Heinz Field.

BWI Airport is still open and its not like the Bears are flying commerical. What the problem is the Bears don't give a sh!t anymore but the rest of the AFC wildcard contenders would scream bloody murder if the game isn't played. To the Bears its not even like they're affecting the outcome of their own conference's seedings ("Ooo! We can screw over a division rival trying to get into the playoffs by winning.")

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fvck THE NFL NETWORK, fvck DOLAN, fvck CABLEVISION, fvck THE WORLD. I miss the two games of the week i want to watch because of those anal beads.

Don't forget Direct TV, this is all a part of the war between Sunday Ticket and those who want it... I don't blame Dolan on this one, but it's a crap situation for all

Back in 2004 I remember the Patriots flying to Pittsburgh 2 1/2 days before the AFC Championship game because of a predicted big snow storm. Due to the storm the Patriots had to conduct their final walk-through in the hotel ballroom instead of at Heinz Field.

BWI Airport is still open and its not like the Bears are flying commerical. What the problem is the Bears don't give a sh!t anymore but the rest of the AFC wildcard contenders would scream bloody murder if the game isn't played. To the Bears its not even like they're affecting the outcome of their own conference's seedings ("Ooo! We can screw over a division rival trying to get into the playoffs by winning.")

I mean don't get me wrong the Bears should be fined and penalized HEAVILY if they can't make this game (heh, take their 3rd round pick or something)... there is NO excuse for not getting from Chicago to Baltimore in a WEEK... more so when you know the weather is coming!!!

I would have picked the Cowboys to beat the Saints. A hunch. Everybody hates the Cowboys because it's December, but they're not playing THAT badly. Can the Saints walk a tightrope every week?

Cincy wins on the road. The Chris Henry death will pull them together but they have the type of defense that can smack SD in the mouth anyway.

I agree with this... having been an athlete in the past, I've had to play under similar circumstances (not the death of a teammate, but friends of mine) and I NEVER played better than when I was dedicating a game to someone's memory. There's a certain level you take yourself to that you never knew was there. I think the Bengals ascend to that level tomorrow... and they've already done it once this year after the death of Mike Zimmer's wife. I'll be pulling for those guys tomorrow.

Hopefully we win tomorrow and end this delusional Jet playoff talk. :P But it will be a tough task... Chris Johnson is a bad dude, and mobile QB's like VY give our defense problems. Perhaps the toughest of our remaining 3 games.

:noclue: Why not just reschedule the game for Monday night? The league had done this before. In fact, this happens every season or so. Just last year the Ravens\Texans game was pushed back to Week 7. In 2006 the Steelers game got rescheduled from a Sunday to a Monday. In 2004 the Dolphins/Cheifs game was bumped up 2 days earlier due to the large storm predicted in Miami. Just have the game played 24 hours after. What kind of postpone job is from 1pm -to- 4pm anyway? :unsure: It's a Nor'easter, where Baltimore is expected to get anywhere from 11 -to- 16 inches of snow. Can't say I disagree with the Bears apprehension in trucking to Maryland to play football. The East coast is going to get slammed. There have been NFL games moved due to lightning, nevermind over a foot of snow.

Make that 20-30 inches of snow. :blink:

There's a few factors at work here. First the NFL is probably under heavy pressure by ESPN which wants no part of splitting the MNF audience (especially taking away the Chicago market plus splitting the Baltimore-Washington area in two). Next you'd be splitting Maryland public safety resources when they're already occupied post-storm to cover 2 night football games 35 miles appart.

Most of the weather changes you listed were due to hurricanes which offer far more predictable playing and traveling circumstances than major snow storms plus hurricane season doesn't take place during the NFL's playoff push. Heck how many games in Foxboro, Buffalo, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. have been played in the middle of major snow storms? I know I was in attendence in Foxboro for at least 3 and television ratings go through the roof.

The fact is the Chicago Bears screwed-up royally as an organization by not traveling to Baltimore Friday afternoon because they've already checked-out of this season and that will directly affect the AFC playoff race.

Edited by mdsieve

Make that 20-30 inches of snow. :blink:

http://www.examiner.com/State-of-Emergency

...state of emergency issued by Governor O'Malley for ALL of Maryland! There's already 18 inches on the ground according to CNN, with an additional 6-8 inches expected. It isn't supposed to stop snowing in Baltimore, until 11:00am tomorrow morning! All airports have stopped issuing flights throughout Maryland, AND Delaware, AND Washington DC... and all runways have been closed throughout the states, indefinitely!

The Illinois AP is reporting 2 to 3 hours, air & ground delays.. both arriving and departing, in Chicago, East St. Louis, Metropolis, and Aurora.

Move the game to Monday already. smiley-sleep024.gif

...are my eye's deceiving me? Are the Dallas December Cowboys beating the Saints 24-3 (in the 3rd quarter no less) ?! smiley-shocked032.gif

I know man, this is pretty shocking. All I can say is Dallas better not let off the gas. We had a 24-3 lead on New Orleans too. We let off the gas. We paid dearly for it.

I have worse fantasy football karma than the Cowboys have December karma...now Brees decides to stink it up when I have him in two semifinals :argh:

I have Romo and I have to win this week to make the playoffs in my league. So far, so good. :pray:

Here we go... I can feel the choke coming.

Saints' luck finally ran out...it is a shame it didn't happen vs Redskins when the only other guy in my survivor pool picked New Orleans that week...I would have taken the $$ right then, but now we will battle for weeks more....I hate the Redskins FG kicker

The Saints have been getting progressively worse the last few weeks, the undefeated pressure was going to get to them sooner or later though odds are they would have still gone 16-0 if they'd gotten through this week since they have Tampa and Carolina left.

Unbiased, if I'm the Colts I still play hard next week, then play everyone limited minutes the last week in Buffalo if weather's anything of a factor. Even a quasi two-week bye is risky but it's better than the three or four weeks the Colts typically like and nothing really gets served by playing in bad weather when every other game the rest of the season's in a dome or warm-weather.

Edited by Hasan4978

Depending on how the Cowboys season ends.. the Romo to Austin 3rd down conversion in the 4th quarter with 6:24 left, might be looked upon as the biggest play of the year for Dallas. (despite Folk missing the FG on the drive)

The Saints luck has ran out. They should have lost some games before this one. The Jets, Rams (yes the Rams lol!), Redskins and Falcons could have all beaten the Saints this season especially the Redskins. The Saints defense has not seen a defense like the Cowboys and a QB and offense like the Cowboys with all their skilled players. Cowboys can run on the saints tonight and they did. Romo also had another great game and showed he is a leader tonight on that team. Romo has been one of the best QB's the last month or so even though he lost tome close games. It was nice to see those Saints fans see their 1st loss of the season in one of the loudest domed stadiums in the NFL. BIG win and much needed. Now the Cowboys need to go out and get a damn kicker. UGH! FOLK has turned real bad after two good seasons and one pro-bowl.

Demarcus Ware is a monster! He is one hell of a player after what happened to him last week. Spencer has become a force too. The defense was huge in this game and the Saints along with Brees had a hard time tonight. Three points in the first half their lowest total of the season.

BTW, Marshall Faulk and the other doubters can EAT IT!!!

GO COWBOYS!!!

Edited by SatansDevils

The NFL is wierd sometimes and just shows anyone can beat anyone in any given week...... Giants SWEPT the cowboys this season and lost to the saints, but the Cowboys were able to beat the saints.......I guess the saints had an off week.

The NFL is wierd sometimes and just shows anyone can beat anyone in any given week...... Giants SWEPT the cowboys this season and lost to the saints, but the Cowboys were able to beat the saints.......I guess the saints had an off week.

Well that is the worst team they lost too :P

but this is the aggravating thing about this Cowboys team, they HAVE THE DAMN TALENT to beat up ANY TEAM like that (in a way they're a lot like San Diego).... but they lack that killer instinct finish em off type spirit.... but usually when a team has a monkey on their back they eek it out like Dallas did last night and it scares the crap out of you in the process (the classic example is that Red Sox comeback in 2004)....and who knows???

.... of course watch them go out and sh!t the bed with the Redskins next Sunday :blink:

Least I get to enjoy it today B )

Michael Turner AND Matt Ryan to start for Atlanta.... interesting...

and I think the bad weather fares well for the 49ers in Phily... it slows down those WR's....

Vince Young to start in a MUST game vs Miami......

Michael Turner AND Matt Ryan to start for Atlanta.... interesting...

and I think the bad weather fares well for the 49ers in Phily... it slows down those WR's....

Vince Young to start in a MUST game vs Miami......

Of course Atlanta was officially eliminated from the playoffs with the Dallas win last night. Figures that would happen, when I need them to win a freaking game badly. :rolleyes:

Of course Atlanta was officially eliminated from the playoffs with the Dallas win last night. Figures that would happen, when I need them to win a freaking game badly. :rolleyes:

You never know.... team at full strength....wants to set the tone for next year.....and players playing for jobs next year...

NOTHING is given in this league

You never know.... team at full strength....wants to set the tone for next year.....and players playing for jobs next year...

NOTHING is given in this league

...by the way, who are you rooting for in this game Scott?? :rolleyes:

...by the way, who are you rooting for in this game Scott?? :rolleyes:

I actually like BOTH teams :P

Or do you mean the Jets game??

The Falcons are no longer a playoff threat... let em win B )

lol Turner got one lousy carry and they've been going to Snelling ever since...until Norwood got a carry and now he's hurt too, man :P

And now it turns out he rolled the ankle AGAIN, that's a Met-like epic fail. Rushing your franchise player back twice, with the second time coming after you've been eliminated from the playoffs :blink:

Edited by Hasan4978