N.F.L. Week 15

CRASHER

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we win tomorrow and end this delusional Jet playoff talk. :P But it will be a tough task... Chris Johnson is a bad dude, and mobile QB's like VY give our defense problems. Perhaps the toughest of our remaining 3 games.

Well the delusion ended but it wasn't because of your team...then again I wasn't going nuts about the playoffs like others :P All I wanted was to get to the Indy game at 8-6 with a chance and see where it went from there but of course we couldn't manage that.

I mean winning six in a row's tough for any team (especially with Indy and Cinci on the back end), plus the Jets always have that one game in December where they crap out at home against a mediocre-bad team anyway. And they just let Sanchez do too much, it should be the Woody Hayes three yards and a cloud of dust offense. When they let him open it up it's disasterous.

Three FG attempts not being converted didn't help, it looked like Cary Blanchard in Buffalo all over again (though Feely only missed one really). Not to mention the stupid personal fouls, it's almost getting Raider-like now.

Edited by Hasan4978

and look at Miami back from the dead :blink:

Not quite enough, a poor throw from Henne and the Tennessee Longhorns win on a 46 yard fg.

The Jets need a QB and a FG kicker. Sanchez blows. Just because you come from USC does not mean you are good, see Bush-Reggie.

Not quite enough, a poor throw from Henne and the Tennessee Longhorns win on a 46 yard fg.

The Jets need a QB and a FG kicker. Sanchez blows. Just because you come from USC does not mean you are good, see Bush-Reggie.

Now, now, now... be careful bashing college football teams out on here... you anger people:whistling:

Well the delusion ended but it wasn't because of your team...then again I wasn't going nuts about the playoffs like others :P All I wanted was to get to the Indy game at 8-6 with a chance and see where it went from there but of course we couldn't manage that.

I mean winning six in a row's tough for any team (especially with Indy and Cinci on the back end), plus the Jets always have that one game in December where they crap out at home against a mediocre-bad team anyway. And they just let Sanchez do too much, it should be the Woody Hayes three yards and a cloud of dust offense. When they let him open it up it's disasterous.

Three FG attempts not being converted didn't help, it looked like Cary Blanchard in Buffalo all over again (though Feely only missed one really). Not to mention the stupid personal fouls, it's almost getting Raider-like now.

this game reminded me alot of the Bear game in 02. How I wish this season would follow the same script from here on in.

This was bad. Interceptions, squandering great field position time and time again, the 3 fg botches. And I know everybody will probably rush to blame the D for not making the final stop but how much can they do already? I do wish they put some more pressure on Ryan but this team lacks a true edge rusher. We saw yesterday in Ware what a difference it can make, it can wreck drives and end games. Still, 10 total points...D is off the hook

Sanchez is such a loose cannon. Every time the ball leaves his hands I'm dreading the INT.

The Fish loss did put a little grin on my face though. Misery loves company.

Edited by '7'

Now, now, now... be careful bashing college football teams out on here... you anger people:whistling:

Not so much the school Crasher, more the player. We all know USC-Texas-OSU etc turn out excellent players. My point is that I think Sanchez is hyped because he came from USC, if Sanchez had come from an inferior program like Buckwheat state or Rutgers, he'd probably be a third string QB on the Raiders, a career back-up if you will.

Same with Brady Quinn. Why on earth ND is revered is beyond me ? There are high-school teams in Texas-California-Florida that would beat such second level college programs like ND-Rutgers-Cincy etc.

Not so much the school Crasher, more the player. We all know USC-Texas-OSU etc turn out excellent players. My point is that I think Sanchez is hyped because he came from USC, if Sanchez had come from an inferior program like Buckwheat state or Rutgers, he'd probably be a third string QB on the Raiders, a career back-up if you will.

I know... the whistle smiley didn't come through.... I was being sarcastic about it B )

He's a rookie QB out of his element... this is what you're gonna get from him, this is why you MUST back him up with a veteran backup... and not a bigger stiff in Clemmens!

this game reminded me alot of the Bear game in 02. How I wish this season would follow the same script from here on in.

This was bad. Interceptions, squandering great field position time and time again, the 3 fg botches. And I know everybody will probably rush to blame the D for not making the final stop but how much can they do already? I do wish they put some more pressure on Ryan but this team lacks a true edge rusher. We saw yesterday in Ware what a difference it can make, it can wreck drives and end games. Still, 10 total points...D is off the hook

Sanchez is such a loose cannon. Every time the ball leaves his hands I'm dreading the INT.

The Fish loss did put a little grin on my face though. Misery loves company.

And vice versa... the Jets losing in typical Jet fashion always makes me happy... however, I will say this: as much as we beat ourselves today, some of the calls that went against the Dolphins should be embarrassing to the NFL, particularly the personal foul on Camarillo in OT. If I ever meet Scott Green, I'll cut his nuts off and shove them down his fvcking throat. After I rip off both of his ears and sh!t in them.

And vice versa... the Jets losing in typical Jet fashion always makes me happy... however, I will say this: as much as we beat ourselves today, some of the calls that went against the Dolphins should be embarrassing to the NFL, particularly the personal foul on Camarillo in OT. If I ever meet Scott Green, I'll cut his nuts off and shove them down his fvcking throat. After I rip off both of his ears and sh!t in them.

oh I believe you. Jets were picked on relentlessly by the refs today. I don't even know what they were looking at with some of the personal fouls on us as well. very ticky tacky.

wait, i missed the sniper rifle thing...what the hell went on in that game?

Someone was pointing a laser pointer at the Broncos on the field... they freaked out that it could be a rifle :lol:

the cops scoured the stands it was bizarro-funny!

Raiders win keeps the Fish & Jets on life support.

I keep going back & forth in my head saying; "eh, today wasn't so bad. After all, Miami lost.. Cinci lost.. Denver lost.. etc." --vs-- *the other part, which says: "What a missed, golden fvcking opportunity by my Jets!" The fact Baltimore won really isn't the end of the world.. because the Broncos lost. Seems to me the Conference is broken down into 2 columns.. -Who's in? vs. -Who's out? So let's take a look at this:

*AFC PLAYOFFS RACE:

.....*in* ...........*out*

11_small.png 14-0......30_small.png 7-7

24_small.png 11-3......15_small.png 7-7

17_small.png.9-5.......20_small.png 7-7

4_small.png.9-5.......23_small.png 7-7

33_small.png.8-6.......10_small.png 7-7

7_small.png.8-6.......34_small.png 7-7

.--------------------------------

...does anyone remember the last time half-a-dozen teams were fighting for a playoff spot.. all whom have the same record? :blink: It's time we all familiarize ourselves with the Tie Breaking Procedures of the NFL, because this year.. I think that's what it's going to come down to. The one thing I will say (regarding the Jets) is I wish Brian Schottenheimer all the best in his future endeavours after this season going forward. I didn't think an offensive coordinator could get more complacent than Kevin Gilbride of the New York Giants... but Schotty takes the cake. He continues to do the best Paul Hackett impersonation, week after week after week for the Jets. I'm sure he'll find a gig somewhere (Oakland perhaps) but as far as the J-E-T-S are concerned... take care of yourself Brian, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. :hi:

I keep going back & forth in my head saying; "eh, today wasn't so bad. After all, Miami lost.. Cinci lost.. Denver lost.. etc." --vs-- *the other part, which says: "What a missed, golden fvcking opportunity by my Jets!" The fact Baltimore won really isn't the end of the world.. because the Broncos lost. Seems to me the Conference is broken down into 2 columns.. -Who's in? vs. -Who's out? So let's take a look at this:

*AFC PLAYOFFS RACE:

.....*in* ...........*out*

11_small.png 14-0......30_small.png 7-7

24_small.png 11-3......15_small.png 7-7

17_small.png.9-5.......20_small.png 7-7

4_small.png.9-5.......23_small.png 7-7

33_small.png.8-6.......10_small.png 7-7

7_small.png.8-6.......34_small.png 7-7

.--------------------------------

...does anyone remember the last time half-a-dozen teams were fighting for a playoff spot.. all whom have the same record? :blink: It's time we all familiarize ourselves with the Tie Breaking Procedures of the NFL, because this year.. I think that's what it's going to come down to. The one thing I will say (regarding the Jets) is I wish Brian Schottenheimer all the best in his future endeavours after this season going forward. I didn't think an offensive coordinator could get more complacent than Kevin Gilbride of the New York Giants... but Schotty takes the cake. He continues to do the best Paul Hackett impersonation, week after week after week for the Jets. I'm sure he'll find a gig somewhere (Oakland perhaps) but as far as the J-E-T-S are concerned... take care of yourself Brian, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. :hi:

Ray and the Ravens lookin like they really want a spot...the 7-7 pack will be a dogfight

oh I believe you. Jets were picked on relentlessly by the refs today. I don't even know what they were looking at with some of the personal fouls on us as well. very ticky tacky.

Watch the highlights tonight bro... when you see the personal foul call on Camarillo, you'll think they changed the rules to two-hand touch. It was a fvcking abomination. I actually broke a chair today.

Someone was pointing a laser pointer at the Broncos on the field... they freaked out that it could be a rifle :lol:

the cops scoured the stands it was bizarro-funny!

Yeah, that whole thing was very bizarre... I've never seen anything like that before.

Edited by MadDog2020

Raiders win keeps the Fish and Jets on life support

The scenario is this for the Fins:

If the Fins win out (2 home games against Houston and Pittsburgh), the Steelers beat Baltimore next week, San Diego beats Tennessee, and New England beats Jacksonville, we get in as the 6th seed. At least that's what I've been lead to believe.

Yesterday showed exactly why I never really feared the Jets and Dolphins, even when they both pulled to within a game. They've done what .500 teams do...tease you just enough into thinking they're better, only to remind you why they are indeed .500 teams. I really had to see on or both teams wrest control of their destinies from the Pats to really start worrying about them.

I have to give both teams credit though, in that they've fought back at different points when many had given them up for dead. And though both are longshots, they're not eliminated YET, and who knows WHAT might happen in this incredibly kooky NFL?

As for the Pats...ugly again, still showed an alarming inability to finish off an opponent, though they did get the big 1st down to ice the damn thing. No such as an ugly win this time of year though, even with a rotten 224 yards of total offense. I could see them finishing 9-7 very easily, but 10-6 seems more likely. I guess I'd like to see them get the #3, but I don't think it's going to make much difference whether they finish with the #3 or #4...if they win their wild card game I can't see them winning one, let alone two, road games to get to the Super Bowl. I give them a 5% chance at best.