GDT: New Jersey at Minnesota 8:00 EST

Par9

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings and Bolts with some awesome gifts for the Devils earlier today, New Jersey should really tak advantage of it and gain even more ground in the conference... Minnesota not scaring me at all on the powerplay, but they had some nice chances afterwards and the Devils haven't really generated a lot of scoring threat yet.

I dunno what sucked more in that period, the Devils skaters or Chico. it's tough.

I'll give Chico a break tonight.

The team is not generating any offense. That is going to happen from time to time but this insistence on playing Elias at wing is really pissing me off. Both he and Rolston were doing pretty well while Elias was centering the line. I get that he sucks at faceoffs but who the fvck cares at this point? Whether you put Dean or Nieds there it makes no difference, they're not creating sh*t together.

PZL and Rolston, Elias, Zharkov/ Bergfors Why they wont at least try this for a few shifts is beyond me.

It would really help if the first line was at least clicking but there is just not much going on at all for them.

Edited by SickMan

HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO ENDURE NIEDERMAYER CENTERING ELIAS AND ROLSTON?

Forget how invisible/awful that line looks on the ice all the time (though Elias and Rolston actually combined to get a SOG, while Niedermayer was still in defense mode behind the net), just look at the stats while Elias was at center on that line.

Elias hasn't scored since the switch, but he's registered a point. I think it was on the PP. Rolston has had no points since the switch either. Both players are minus since the change.

fvck the draw percentage. THIS LINE DOES NOT WORK. And I have been bitching about it since Day 1 v. Washington.

And for fvck's sake Zajac you make a killer steal and pass it right onto the other team's stick wtf is wrong with you?! You had time and space to even take it to the net.

Edited by Cowutopia

Well, it took them a while, but the Devils are finally dominating the play, as they should. Pretty shot from Jamie and, earlier, just when I was thinking "McAmmond is going to fvck up another brilliant chance", he put up one hell of a goal.

Nonsense, Lemaire is brilliant.....

Actually, he is.

Tough shift for Zajac. Shoot the damn puck.

Homeboy needs a benching I think. That was a real lazy back check on his part which is really poor considering he botched the entire play in the first place. The kid doesn't seem to have his head in the game lately.

Edited by SickMan

The team just fell apart. This is unbelievable what's happening, Jacques could probably use some stationary bikes for these Devils...

EDIT:

Lanbenbrunner, wow! Talk about a momentum killer.

Edited by Revan

FINALLY some things to get excited about!

LANGS released from Exile on the CHECKING line UNLEASHES HIS POWERS AS THE ALMIGHTY DEVILS CAPTAIN.

The POWER PLAY COMES THROUGH with a WONDERFUL PASS FROM ELIAS, getting his skill back in the game!

The youngsters Bergfors and Zharkov unite for an energetic, speedy third line with Dean McAmmond!

Pandolfo hits the fourth line where he belongs!

BUT Rolston, Niedermayer and Elias continue to be fvcking god awful 5 on 5, AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY:

ZAJAC is having a terrible, awful, no good, very bad game. His head is completely gone. He looks like he's back in his sophmore slump. Where is his head? Where are the legs? Why did he go with Oduya instead of sticking with his checking assignment on the tying goal? WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Edited by Cowutopia

There was a lot of yuck on that 2nd Wild goal but holy sh*t Zajac wtf are you doing?!?! Brodeur makes a ridiculous save and he just fvcking stands there and watches the rebound get tapped in. Take the man.

Thanks to Langs that period didn't turn into a total cluster fvck.

This is the most annoyed I've been with the team since the second loss to Philly in November. About 3/4 of the roster has just been awful, awful, awful tonight starting with Zajac and the D which stands for drunk tonight.

And still they're winning, thanks to two of the Olympians and another refugee off the scrap heap who maybe should be the team's #1 center right now :blink:

Edited by Hasan4978

Way to go, Jamie! Not an easy game for the Devils and if it had been some tougher team than Minny, I doubt it would have ended as a two-goal win, but we'll take it. 5 pts. ahead of the Caps and the Sabres now, 6 pts. cushion over Pittsburgh. Nice way to start a year, isn't it!

Way to go, Jamie! Not an easy game for the Devils and if it had been some tougher team than Minny, I doubt it would have ended as a two-goal win, but we'll take it. 5 pts. ahead of the Caps and the Sabres now, 6 pts. cushion over Pittsburgh. Nice way to start a year, isn't it!

I hope Jamie gets the C in Vancouver....he must be feeling great right now...just named to Team USA, and then his first career hat trick in his home state with a bunch of his friends and family in the building!

not a good game for new jersey, lucky to come out with 2 points. langenbrunner played well, so did parise, zajac was terrible. fraser and corrente got very quickly dispatched to the bench, a trend which i don't particularly like.

against a better team, this is probably a loss.