GDT: Devils @ Rangers

MadDog2020

Second line still atrocious. Patty to center please. How many consec. games have we been saying this now? It's been invisible since the day Patty got moved off.

Screw 30% faceoffs, can't someone else take the draws?

Edited by Cowutopia

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have a 5 - 3 and Rolston takes about 4 shots from the blue line, something is wrong.

I said this above regarding two Devils down low and not a puck to them on that PP. I swear they were standing there an eternity. If a puck came to them, it's in.

However, they were trying for the perfect shot and then jam the rebound. I still believe their 5-3 is so bad due to the lack of a true PP QB. IMO, Rolston is unable to shoot the puck hard a few inches off the ice. Everything he shoots is too high.

What a great game so far. I can't wait to see the look on Avery's face when the Devils score early in OT!

I can't believe that the Queen played this well. I haven't seen him on his angles this way in a long while... Both goalies were super sharp.

Marty looks so confident lately, I love it.

I was looking at Gamecast on ESPN... It's so obvious what the Devils need to work on:

NYR had 51 total shots, and 16 of them came from their defense.

NJD had 45 total shots, and 7 of them came from our Defense.

It's games like this that make you wonder why those guys can't more involved. Yes, Paul Martin is out - but we aren't going to win games with that kind of style. I sure hope we can get them more involved as time goes on.