Nets Lose

sheeps

Interesting little side-note about Kidd. There's a poll running in the dallasnews.com site for which former D/FW athlete we'd most like to have back. The choices are Jason, Joe, Pudge, or Emmitt. Pudge is running away with about 40% of the vote. The other 3 are all just under 20%.

Congrats to the Spurs! David Robinson is going out on top, just like Daneyko.

Congrats to the Nets. While they lost a second time they were better than the first run.

If the Nets can find a way to get a couple of more guys to support Kidd and of course convince Kidd to stay with Martin and Jefferson they just might win it all next trip.

It's tough against two 7 footers and an outstanding defensive team like the Spurs or the power of last years Lakers.

Good effort. I hope the Nets can keep Kidd, he is going to test the free agency market and he can't be blamed for thinking about himself, his family and his personal family finances.

Congrats again to the Nets tream, the future is up to management now. They losze Kidd IMO I think the Nets go backwards and maybe to Long Island.

Why don't they give that trophy a name already? Sounds so generic.

Speaking of names, what is the baseball trophy called? Just World Series Trophy? I guess that's still better than something like MLB Championship Trophy.

I think with the World Series there is no trophy. Just a pennant. Thats all they ever talk about: winning the pennant. A thicker than usual piece of paper in the shape of a triangle.

I don't think Kidd'll leave. Who'll he go to? San Antonio is gonna be just fine with sticking with Parker and any other contending team out west is over cap or close to it already. He wouldn't leave the Nets without a sign and trade; he's already said that. They would get something back for him even if he left.

The World Series trophy has flags all around it. I don't know if it has a name. The basketball trophy is named for some guy, I heard them say it on the news, I don't remember what it was though. And the Super Bowl one is Lombardi? But they make a new one every year.

The Stanley Cup is the best!

I think with the World Series there is no trophy. Just a pennant. Thats all they ever talk about: winning the pennant. A thicker than usual piece of paper in the shape of a triangle.

Actually, the pennant is what you win if you win the League Championship (American or National League pennant) - not the World Series.