Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

SatansDevils

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Habs played a great game. Aside from a jittery first, they really matched the Caps intensity and even took it to them fairly often. If I was a Washington fan, I'd be a little concerned.

Kudos to Montreal. They allowed a lot of shots but still played the Caps very well. I figured Montreal was going to be a pushover but they impressed tonight.

The thing I liked was how quick they turn the puck up the ice. They did a great job of that in the OT. They almost got burned a couple of times but they were able to put a lot of pressure on the Caps. I'd love to see the Devils play like this.

Yeah...if it was a ONE game series. LOL! It's just the FIRST game...Best of seven and we have a long way to go. I still think washington, new jersey and Pittsburgh will all advance to Round 2.

I couldn't have imagined someone wouldn't see the sarcasm in a crazy post like that...you proved me wrong.

Plekanic scores!!! Montreal wins in overtime 3-2 over Washington! Wow!

Will Theodore be pulled again like last seasons playoffs for Varlarmov? Theodore may have a longer leash this year.

Another upset in Round 1, Game 1.

Theodore played great tonight. Without him Montreal should have had 4 or 5 goals. Washington's offense let them down tonight by not burying their chances and some brutal shot selection (gee where have I seen this before??? :rolleyes: ). Their defense was also brutal as Green and Poti both played with their heads up their asses in the playoffs for the 2nd straight playoffs.

So as of now only Buffalo and Phoenix have won game 1 at home with 2 series yet to begin.

Kudos to Montreal. They allowed a lot of shots but still played the Caps very well. I figured Montreal was going to be a pushover but they impressed tonight.

The thing I liked was how quick they turn the puck up the ice. They did a great job of that in the OT. They almost got burned a couple of times but they were able to put a lot of pressure on the Caps. I'd love to see the Devils play like this.

It's funny you said this, because during the OT, I was actually thinking that the Habs' play reminded me a lot of how the Devils play when we have our game going. Lots of quick, shifty work through the neutral zone and quick, accurate passes which really gave the Caps defenders fits.

Either way, that's the key to Montreal possibly winning this series - the Caps have the size and the talent, but if the Montreal forwards can skate around the Caps defenders and use their speed, they have a shot.

It's funny you said this, because during the OT, I was actually thinking that the Habs' play reminded me a lot of how the Devils play when we have our game going. Lots of quick, shifty work through the neutral zone and quick, accurate passes which really gave the Caps defenders fits.

Either way, that's the key to Montreal possibly winning this series - the Caps have the size and the talent, but if the Montreal forwards can skate around the Caps defenders and use their speed, they have a shot.

The Devils certainly are capable but you have to pass well though, as you pointed out. Montreal was connecting on everything in that OT. Too many times the Devils struggle with passing and moving the puck up the ice. I don't think it was completely horrible last night but there were several occasions where the puck was fumbled. Come to think of it, and the players mentioned it as well, the puck was bouncing a lot last night. I think there were at least 3 times where the puck bounced over a players stick at the blue line.

I have to admit: I miss Gomez. He was consistently one of the best playoff performers for the Devils when he was here. And really the team could use his ability in transition from defense to offense.

Ditto. He was a turnover machine sometimes, he did it tonight as well in the OT, but this team would be complete at forward with him as the 2nd line pivot.

Edited by Sickman

Besides the Devils-Flyers (went to work and watched right before Zajac's goal) and Blackhawks-Predators game, I've witnessed all games and here is my view on each series:

Phx-Det: Doan hit everything that moves and Phoenix's "D" is physical and it won't surprise me if they win again.

Van-LA: Vancouver controlled the play and LA, so far, had a little bit trouble handling them and Quick is the reason why they headed to OT.

SJ-Col: SJ dominated, but Avs grab the win, so SJ should win the series based on Game 1 performance

MTL-Was: Spacek did a good job on Ovi and Habs running around many times but they were lucky they had Halak.

Bos-Buf: Miller was great and his performance will dictate the outcome. Rask is not bad too but their offense really stinks.

Ott-Pit: Penguins got out-played, out-hearted, out-toughed, and out-worked. If Ott stays discipline, this series will be over after game 4.

NJ-Phi: Caught the last period, NJ crashed the net, good. They played better than the Flyers. But to me, they crashed the net for the sake of crashing the net, not looking the rebounds or tip-ins. Now, they beat Boucher with a deflection, so hopefully they will know how to solve him in game 2. Didn't see Marty much, but giving up 2G should mean he is on his game.

Tough 3-2 loss in overtime last night in Game 1 for the LA Kings. They had their chances early in the overtime period and Luongo was lucky enough to sweep away the puck as it was about to trickle over the red line for the winning goal. Vancouver only the 3rd team to win on their home ice in Game 1. 4 of the 7 teams lost their home ice in losing Game 1.

Watching the Sharks-Colorado game 2. Sog in the 2nd are 24-8 in favor of Col. Score is 3-3. Nabby let up 3 goals on 8 shots?? So far, Sharks stepped in something, I guess, to have the game tied. Should be interesting 3rd.

Leave those Sharks...tune in to Detroit-Phoenix.....man what a game!!

Edit: just saw that one's 4-4 too.....still Det.-Pho. is in progress right now biggrin.gif

I'm' flipping between the two. Det. is up 5-4 now. I'm duty bound to watch the Sharks, as they're the local team and I have lots of friends who are Sharks fans (I know, I know). I'm rooting for Phoenix though. Who threw that octopus on the ice? Damn Detroit fans...