Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

SatansDevils

Well, usually i try to ignore people who think they are legends in their own minds because only they are the ones who really understand what they think.

you don't do a very good job, since you call me out by name in just about every post you make on the subject of the rangers.

try understanding things like 'the rangers only have a 22% chance of making the playoffs', as i said earlier in the thread, as meaning something simple and straightforward like 'the rangers only have a 22% chance of making the playoffs'.

Edited by Triumph

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you so upset about this? Rangers winning this is the best possible outcome. They'll be 8th, and Washington will absolutely destroy them. I wanted them out of the playoffs in the past few weeks because I was afraid they would be pitted against us in the 1st round. Now that we can't play them in the 1st, and they are in for a nice series against Washington, I would much rather have the Rangers in over the Flyers, who are still a likely 1st round opponent if they win.

Agree with this. I just find it curious that the Rags must have sold their collective souls to some evil incarnate when Jody Shelley has the GWG so far in a do-or-die game.huh.gif

try understanding things like 'the rangers only have a 22% chance of making the playoffs', as i said earlier in the thread, as meaning something simple and straightforward like 'the rangers only have a 22% chance of making the playoffs'.

And that was underestimating them. If you took the sabermetrics out of the equation and really used some sort of personal observation, you'd see they had alot better chance then math gave them.

Edited by SJP20

And that was underestimating them. If you took the sabermetrics out of the equation and really used some sort of personal observation, you'd see they had alot better chance then math gave them.

so i get to say you were totally wrong if the rangers lose this game, right? you hilariously overestimate the edge that good teams have on 'bad' teams.

No, they didn't. It might have appeared as if they did to a pessimistic Ranger-hater though.

Edited by nmigliore

so i get to say you were totally wrong if the rangers lose this game, right? you hilariously overestimate the edge that good teams have on 'bad' teams.

I want the Rangers to lose. Big time. I've been hating the Rangers since 1984.

However, i always thought they'd make it based on their schedule and teams above them/below them. I think anyone who took them as a small threat really underestimated them.

If they miss it, they stayed in it longer then any math equations gave them which is why i had such a problem with it.

Edited by SJP20

What an ass. Lundqvist makes a good save and Micheletti says, "Even the Flyers fans are cheering this!"

What does he think the Flyersa fans are cheering a nice save by Lundqvist?

The Flyers are trying to get into the playoffs, you dick.

That's right Ranger Announcers, the Flyers fans are cheering Lundy. laugh.gif They don't even listen to themselves, I'm sure.

You beat me to it.

What an ass. Lundqvist makes a good save and Micheletti says, "Even the Flyers fans are cheering this!"

What does he think the Flyersa fans are cheering a nice save by Lundqvist?

The Flyers are trying to get into the playoffs, you dick.

You beat me to it.

he also thought that hit by Pronger on Shelley was a penalty. Pronger does a lot of dirty sh!t, but that was 100% clean. Just flat out hit him with the shoulder

and enough of the marc staal lovefest. he's not that good.

Edited by '7'

hate to see a playoff spot decided that way

Ya, not saying it'd be right, just saying it'd be intense.

Of course, if it goes to a shootout just means neither team has gotten the job done. If it ended in a tie it would just go to the Flyers by virtue of wins, if not shootout existed.