GDT:Devils vs. Islanders 7:00 PM ET

Devs3cups

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how bad this pp continues to be. It literally lossed them the game. The islanders continued to play their sucky inconsistant hockey, but the Devils gave them game. And which team wouldn't accept a game being given to them. Not Smart hockey today.

Edited by The Facepainter

What an awful loss. All of the momentum from the last two games is now gone. All the Devils had to do was play their normal, strong defensive game and they would have won easily. The Islanders did not play as good as it seemed. The Devils had some horrendous turnovers, terrible powerplays, and got totally manhandled along the boards. Not to mention that Danis couldn't seem to hold onto a puck.

I don't think I have ever had a hatred for a Devils team but this team just really upsets me. It is even worse now that they got Kovalchuk. You have all this talent upfront yet this team can not even put one decent powerplay together. Keep trotting that useless hot garbage piece of sh!t Rolston out there on the point. Does he actually aim to the ceiling when he shoots because they're not even close to hitting the net?

They just can't play well for consecutive games. I know their effort was better against the Rangers but that was a very sloppy game and they pretty much won because the Rangers are even worse off then they are. Last night was a nice game but once again it was followed up with a garbage game like this.

Another game in hand down the toilet. Its going to be great playing Philly or Ottawa in the first round.

Edited by Sickman

Seriously. Rolston couldn't hit water if he jumped out of a boat. He put 3 useless shots to the glass, and ripped one to the only place upstairs that was actually covered... the guys face.

I am already at peace knowing that he wont accomplish sh!t unless he has Dan Giradi deflecting goals in for him the rest of the season. But I still cant stand him. The cap hit drives me insane. That no look behind the pass at the point on one of the failed powerplays is just a prefect example of what he is all about. He skates around the ice providing nothing and all I see is dollar signs falling out of hockey shorts as he floats on by.

This 5 forward power play bullsh!t has got to go. It must. and wtf is Dean doing out there? I just cant stand the stupidity of it all. There is no reason for this team to struggle like this with all the talent that is at their disposal especially at forward. Its maddening.

Lemaire should stop throwing Kovalchuk out there for the whole powerplay. Yeah, his skill is tremendous but he's still human and can't be overworked. If he's out there in two shifts of a minute each on that 4 minute pp, i doubt we give up that shorty since it went through on his side of the point. We had a lot of time and plenty of weapons to get the tying goal just to lose the game on that shorty but Lemaire overused Kovalchuck and it led to a bad goal.

HUGE "LETDOWN" game tonight by the Devils. With the lack of play Danis was not sharp at all and the defense was just horrific in front of him tonight. Lemaire needs to scratch the 5 fowards on the PP because it is just not working. That 4-minute PP was a total disaster! Giving up a SHG really topped off how bad the Devils PP is.

When the Devils struggle on the PP and don't score on them they will lose the game as we all saw tonight. Most teams on a given night and game if you do not score on the PP at crucial times of the game you most likely will lose the game.

The Devils PP did them in again tonight as they lose to another terrible team in last place. That's two losses in a week to the Oilers and the Islanders the two worst teams in the NHL. :puke: Devils still cannot win three games in a row. Wasted points here that I hope does not come and bite the Devils at the end of the season/division.

Devils blew a chance tonight to share 1st place (could have had one more win than the Penguins) with the Penguins. They still have 1-game in hand. Tomorrow the Penguins play the Lightning in Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay I hope will beat them in regulation as they are trying to make the playoffs.

I'm convinced he is a Rangers fan...

correction....it's MB30's ex-wife...

greatest quote of the night from a DVR'd episode of the Life and Times of Tim...

Tim: Oh Long Island has a hockey team huh?

Stu: Really?!? That's like Delaware having a nuclear bomb...