Leblond-Janssen battle an epic

msweet

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=522095

NEWARK, N.J. -- Hockey fans at the Prudential Center on Saturday night were not only treated to some exciting end-to-end action, but they also witnessed an epic fight.

Just 5:58 into the first period, Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond of the New Jersey Devilsand St. Louis Blues forward Cam Janssen went toe-to-toe in a marathon slugfest that could very well go down in NHL annals as one of the longest fights in history.

"We wanted to get the crowd into it -- I wasn't done and he wasn't done and I wanted to get the boys riled up and going," Janssen said. "That's the way it is sometimes. We like to go long, that's our style."

Leblond (6-foot-2, 215 pounds) and Janssen (6-0, 215), who spent two seasons with the Devils before being traded to St. Louis in February 2008, rolled up their sleeves right off a draw just outside the Blues' blue line and near their players' bench. Leblond was able to land a few right hands that kept Janssen off balance, but he was never able to knock his opponent down.

Janssen's knees did buckle a few times and his helmet eventually popped off before Leblond finally took him to the ice, but both players skated off the ice to a standing ovation.

----------------------------

I forgot to post on this after the St Louis game.... after PL3's assist vs Toronto and after watching his last few fights I have a question"

Why is Peters still on this team?

PL3 for sure made Cam look... well I guess tough in the sense he wouldn't go down, but I was going to say ineffectual. Dark guys always look like asskickers to start with - and you could see P's mean face - you just can't match that with blond sandy features -- Cam never stood a chance :evil::giggle:

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/21/janssen-and-letourneau-leblonds-marathon-bout/

1:28 - Janssen actually signals to the refs to keep their distance. That is awesome.

2:05 - These guys are still throwing big shots. Sean Avery would have turtled three weeks ago.

2:15 - You can tell the guys in the TV truck are out of interesting camera angles when they go to the camera directly above the fighters. Can't say I've seen that angle before.

Hahaha. Pierre had a fight down here where the guy dropped and before the linesmen could get in Pierre pulled the guy up and laid a few more on him.

Another time he was so riled up after a fight he ripped his jersey in half (we use the old style/materials down here as well).

Lastly a couple of years ago we had been rag dolled around by Elmira, and the next time they came in Pierre was down - specifically for that game. "I hear you have problem with Elmira. I fix problem" was the comment he gave to the guy who picked him up at the airport.

Elmira didn't try anything that night. At all.

Yep. Love Pierre.

Hahaha. Pierre had a fight down here where the guy dropped and before the linesmen could get in Pierre pulled the guy up and laid a few more on him.

Another time he was so riled up after a fight he ripped his jersey in half (we use the old style/materials down here as well).

Lastly a couple of years ago we had been rag dolled around by Elmira, and the next time they came in Pierre was down - specifically for that game. "I hear you have problem with Elmira. I fix problem" was the comment he gave to the guy who picked him up at the airport.

Yep. Love Pierre.

I love it.

Seriously, let the P3L craze begin. Prior to now, he's just been alright with the big club. Aside from his name he wasn't really anything special, but he also wasn't a detractor (see: Peters, Andrew). But after this fight against Cam and with how well he did against Jody Shelley ... it's on!

The occasional #22 LEBLOND jerseys will probably start popping up soon.

Yep. Love Pierre.

I remember that. Think is was against Reading, he dropped the guy stood him back up and laid in to him again. Priceless.

I remember that story. For anyone else, that would have resulted in a permanent nickname of "The Fixer". But the dude's got enough names as it is, another nickname would just complicate things.

Yup. For those who don't know, Elmira is coached by a guy (Steve Martinson) who likes bringing in cheap shot artists who don't like to stand up and take their medicine; and they didn't really want to mess with PL3.

Unfortunately Martinson is a sucessful coach (made the playoffs all 13 seasons at the AA level, only once didn't make it past the first round, 5 titles...makes you wonder why he's still at the low minor league level eh?)

Said it before, if Pierre can control the stupid penalties, he can contribute. He's begun to do that...