Let's Go Buffalo!!!

GOLDORAK

This is not going to be a popular thread, but I hope we sit Marty and rest the top two lines a lot tomorrow. It's much better to be the 3rd seed (we'd get the Bruins) at this point than the 2nd seed (we'd probably get the Flyers or, if the Rags miraculously win tomorrow, the Canadiens).

We can only play the bruins or habs I think. We want number two because then if top 4 advance (which is extremely likely) we get home ice against buffalo.

If we get at least point tomorrow and the Flyers win, we get the Flyers in Round 1.

This thread is baaaaaaad juju. We're looking good, let's keep the hockey gods on our side, eh? We'll play who we play, and the way the team's looked in the last six games, we can beat any of the three (including Philly).

Also, if the Rangers lose tomorrow, let's not celebrate too hard, eh? The hockey goes smited us for that last year. :koolaid:

Also, if the Rangers lose tomorrow, let's not celebrate too hard, eh? The hockey goes smited us for that last year. :koolaid:

Cause yeah that'll happen :P

we care more about getting T-Shirts during power plays and chanting RANGERS SUCK then caring about our own team :rolleyes:

(god I'm sour tonight)

I was fvcking LIVID when I saw that guy, I thought we were long past that guy. I may have even called him a pile of aids.

I have so invaded your vocabulary sir :P

It's the first time it's been back all year... must explain why they wanted to up our ticket prices :rolleyes:

I was fvcking LIVID when I saw that guy, I thought we were long past that guy. I may have even called him a pile of aids.

Care to inform those who were watching on television what happened? :lol:

Also, I know some may view it as beneficial to hope for a specific opponent, but I seem to remember a lot of people wanting us to draw Carolina last year...what I'm getting at is there's really no reason not to root for your team, no matter what.

Care to inform those who were watching on television what happened? :lol:

Also, I know some may view it as beneficial to hope for a specific opponent, but I seem to remember a lot of people wanting us to draw Carolina last year...what I'm getting at is there's really no reason not to root for your team, no matter what.

The middle-aged sweaty tee-shirt waving dude from last season was bought back for tonight's game. It pissed me off greatly.

The middle-aged sweaty tee-shirt waving dude from last season was bought back for tonight's game. It pissed me off greatly.

NO! FVCK FVCK FVCK FVCK. If I go to a game, my soda might "accidentally" slip out of my hand and hit him in the head. Whoops.

Cause yeah that'll happen :P

we care more about getting T-Shirts during power plays and chanting RANGERS SUCK then caring about our own team :rolleyes:

(god I'm sour tonight)

Throwing the t-shirts during a power play (or during play of any kind really) did tick me off, especially since one of those went right over my head and I could have gotten it if I wasn't, you know actually trying to watch a hockey game while a hockey game was going on.

But it also did show we have a lot of dopes that were more concerned about getting a lousy t-shirt than actually watching the game :rolleyes:

If anything I think there was more of it on the other side, Carolina wanted us and actually tanked the last game to that end...the supposed karma didn't hurt them. Hell, Pittsburgh probably tanked today too to get a first-round bye against Ottawa :P

Also, if the Rangers lose tomorrow, let's not celebrate too hard, eh?

Screw that, thanks to the darn Habs I might be celebrating a Ranger win this time :rant:

Edited by Hasan4978

This thread is baaaaaaad juju. We're looking good, let's keep the hockey gods on our side, eh? We'll play who we play, and the way the team's looked in the last six games, we can beat any of the three (including Philly).

This.

Believe me I am all for this...I want NO part of Tukka Rask in the 1st round.

Although having said that, I am really liking the way some of the Sabres players are hitting their stride at the right time..Vanek tonight (4 goals)...Roy, Pominville are back to their old form....and Connolly will be back.

A Julien coached team can be a pain in the a$$ Ill pass and take Montreal.

My 1st choice would be the Flyers

Edited by LOTCB

Lemaire is going to rest one of the defenseman and that is probably Salvador. The rest of the players will be playing as they want the second seed in the EC! Lemaire and the players said, "It is better to finish the highest we can." They are going for the second seed in the EC, so forget about resting players including Brodeur. LOL!

It comes down to this one game and the last game of the season for the Devils and Sabres for the second seed in the EC playoffs, which means HOME ice through the first TWO rounds! Brodeur vs. Miller tomorrow. should be a good one!

Don't want the 3rd seed because it does not guarantee home ice though the 1st two rounds. Devils want the second seed and i believe they will get it.

Just to make it clear. The Devils cannot face the Rangers in the first round of the playoffs. So let the Rangers take out the Flyers today.

Devils clinch ninth Atlantic title; will face either Boston, Philadelphia or Montreal in first round

Per TG:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_clinch_ninth_atlantic_division_title/

They now can finish no worse than the third seed in the Eastern Conference. They remain in second place in the East, one point ahead of Buffalo, which defeated Ottawa, 5-2, tonight.

To clinch the second seed, the Devils need only one point Sunday in their regular season finale against the Sabres at Prudential Center (5 p.m. start) because the Sabres (45-26-10) cannot catch them in wins, which is the first tiebreaker.

With the Devils locked into the second or third seed, that narrows the field of their potential first-round playoff opponents to three teams—Boston, Montreal or Philadelphia.

*The Devils will face Boston (which is locked into the sixth seed) if the Devils lose in regulation to Buffalo on Sunday. The Devils went 3-0-1 vs. the Bruins this season.

*The Devils will face Montreal if the Devils get at least one point in their game vs. Buffalo on Sunday and if the Rangers defeat Philadelphia on Sunday. The Devils went 3-1-0 vs. the Canadiens this season.

*The Devils will face Philadelphia if the Devils get at least one point in their game vs. Buffalo on Sunday and if the Flyers defeat the Rangers on Sunday. The Devils went 1-4-1 vs. the Flyers this season.

Explainers:

With Montreal losing in overtime tonight to Toronto, Boston is locked into the sixth seed in the East.

Montreal (39-33-10) is in seventh place right now with 88 points and played its final regular season game tonight. Philadelphia (40-35-6) would take over the seventh seed with a win over the Rangers Sunday afternoon.

If the Rangers win, they will equal the Canadiens in wins and points, but the Canadiens won the season series 3-1-0 to 1-2-2, so the Rangers can finish no higher than eighth.

The Devils cannot face the Rangers in the first round. The Rangers would face the top-seeded Capitals if they defeat Philadelphia on Sunday.

Pittsburgh is locked into the fourth seed and will face fifth-seeded Ottawa in the first round.

Well it was against the Islanders....

You really think the fan base would be any less stupid against another opponent???

I almost envy you being 3,000+ miles from your team and the appeal of season tickets doesn't exist to you :P

I'm leaning towards wanting to play the flyers. I think the season series between the devs and flyers is more meaningless than any. I really can't see the flyers winning a series against anyone with their goaltending situation.

In a rivalry series, anyone can win. Can't believe Devils want this in the 1st round and you'd think history would have taught us fans this after losing to the Rags how many times when the Devils clearly had the better team!

I'm leaning towards wanting to play the flyers. I think the season series between the devs and flyers is more meaningless than any. I really can't see the flyers winning a series against anyone with their goaltending situation.

The biggest problem with facing the Flyers is how physical the series will get. It doesn't help much that we win the series if we are too beat up to perform well in future rounds.

Because we've showed we are offensive dynamos? Remember we make bad goalies look good