Calling Zach Parise

overtime98

Hey Zach I recall you being quoted after last years 1st round exit saying "we are tired of losing". Well now is the time to avoid losing again in the first round. Your 1 goal so far this series has done nothing so far. Zach if we lose again this year are you going to have the same quote? How about earning that 'A' in the playoffs and leading this team. This goes for you Elias as well.

I do not give a rats ass what these players do for us during the regular season, this is when it matters the most. and so far they show nothing during the playoffs.

We need offense. I thought Kovalchoke was supposed to BOOST our offense, but it has done nothing but add frustration. So far in Kovalchoke's career he is a playoff bust. I dont care that he is a 50 goal scorer, he has never done sh!t in the playoffs. He was crap with atlanta in the playoffs and not much better with us.

Im tired of going through a decent season only to fail in the first round. Hey now I know why the Devils what our money for next season so early, they are afraid of losing fans to this team that cant win in the playoffs.

I hate the color orange, and everything philadelphia.

:blahblah:

/end rant.

lets go Devils!

Bitch about Kovy all you want, he's still got like 6 points in this series.

We need to resign him, but support him better.

Zach's been fine, I'd like to see him break through a little more, but he's being played well against. He's a little guy.

Hey I am just venting because we are down 3-1 and facing 1st round elimination again.... I am always for supporting our players through good and bad.. I know there efforts are there just not executing.

Its not over but the flyers have been controlling the games way too much most of the series. they also score on most of their chances... we are getting chances but are not burying the puck.

Edited by overtime98

Zach's been fine, I'd like to see him break through a little more, but he's being played well against. He's a little guy.

I agree at least Kovy looks like he wants to win. Some of these other A-holes need to pick it up 10 notches.

Yeah, but of those 6 points only 2 were goals, and 1 was an empty netter. I'm not going to complain about Kovy, he

busted his ass last game and produced as many shots as he did for the first 3 combined.

Parise has had a few outstanding plays but has been below average throughout this series (and his playoff career really).

Idk who is going to step up at this point, Those two guys can't seem to find a way to score, Marty is playing about as good as he can, Jamie seems to have thrown in the towel, and Elias doesn't seem to have his old form. It's a sad statement but Zubrus had the best Devils player last night but our clutch players haven't been clutch in a long time when it counts.

Our forwards "suck" because our defense can't handle the Phily forecheck, it's really THAT simple

well aside of Niedermommy.... Carol should have swallowed that night :P

pronger has been excellent against parise.

they have totally keyed on him and his linemates, whoever they've been, have not supported him.

the playoffs are about getting opportunities from more than just the stars - secondary players have to come through.

the devils got a little of that in game 3 when rolston scored two.

they got it in game 2 when greene scored.

too many players for the devils have been no shows but i'll keep saying that they're not being put in the best position to win this series.

pronger has been excellent against parise.

they have totally keyed on him and his linemates, whoever they've been, have not supported him.

the playoffs are about getting opportunities from more than just the stars - secondary players have to come through.

the devils got a little of that in game 3 when rolston scored two.

they got it in game 2 when greene scored.

too many players for the devils have been no shows but i'll keep saying that they're not being put in the best position to win this series.

So we are getting out coached?

they're getting out played..plain and simple..they don't want it..they do the same sh!t on the power play..their game plan is weak..it's a coaching problem in my opinion..that and they just don't have aggressive players. kovalchuck is trying but it just doesn't look like he fits in, elias is no where to be found dude, jamie too..parise always plays hard..but wheres the rest of the team?

6 points and probably at least 10 turnovers. Our situation isnt all his fault obviously, but he is far from no blame either...

From what I've seen, Kovalchuk and Zubrus have been our best forwards this series. Zach has been shut down. Zajac has been average. Elias has had every puck bounce off his stick and too many of his no-look passes have ended up on Flyers' sticks. Langenbrunner looks either hurt or distracted, not sure which. Clarkson looks confused. Rolston has been surprisingly good, but he still half-asses a lot of plays. None of the secondary guys (Niedermayer, McAmmond, Pelley, etc.) have stepped up. Hell, our best secondary forward was a minor-league defenseman who couldn't hit the net to save his life!

And CRASH is dead on about our defense and the Philly forecheck. Martin has been his usual underratedly solid self and Greene has brought his game back to the high level it was at early in the season. I also think White has quietly had a good series. But the rest of the D has been pretty brutal.

Zach needs to step it up. It isn't good enough to say "He's been shut down." That wouldn't be acceptable from Crosby or Ovechkin, and it shouldn't be acceptable from Zach. He's our star forward. So far only Kovalchuk has been filling that role, and he's probably gone soon.

And Kovie, for as good as he's been, PLEASE stop with those weak passes from the half boards to the point. They get intercepted every friggin time! Jeez ... even the best of our players has been making the same mistake over and over again. Not a good sign.

As for the coaching staff? I was a big Jacques supporter right from the moment of his hiring straight through the entire season. But he hasn't adjusted to jack. We're getting outcoached in this series. Badly. Oh how I wish we had been able to land Tippett ...

I'm with Crasher on this. They cant control the puck long enough to headman it. Zack's the only one the Flyers has to pay attention to that's why he's not producing. Finally: Let's face it guys, we cant beat Peter Laviolette. He knows how to crash our D with 2 men and ther's nothing we can do about it.

Finally: Let's face it guys, we cant beat Peter Laviolette. He knows how to crash our D with 2 men and ther's nothing we can do about it.

good point. he was coach of the hurricanes last year wasnt he?

From what I've seen, Kovalchuk and Zubrus have been our best forwards this series. Zach has been shut down. Zajac has been average. Elias has had every puck bounce off his stick and too many of his no-look passes have ended up on Flyers' sticks. Langenbrunner looks either hurt or distracted, not sure which. Clarkson looks confused. Rolston has been surprisingly good, but he still half-asses a lot of plays. None of the secondary guys (Niedermayer, McAmmond, Pelley, etc.) have stepped up. Hell, our best secondary forward was a minor-league defenseman who couldn't hit the net to save his life!

And CRASH is dead on about our defense and the Philly forecheck. Martin has been his usual underratedly solid self and Greene has brought his game back to the high level it was at early in the season. I also think White has quietly had a good series. But the rest of the D has been pretty brutal.

Zach needs to step it up. It isn't good enough to say "He's been shut down." That wouldn't be acceptable from Crosby or Ovechkin, and it shouldn't be acceptable from Zach. He's our star forward. So far only Kovalchuk has been filling that role, and he's probably gone soon.

And Kovie, for as good as he's been, PLEASE stop with those weak passes from the half boards to the point. They get intercepted every friggin time! Jeez ... even the best of our players has been making the same mistake over and over again. Not a good sign.

As for the coaching staff? I was a big Jacques supporter right from the moment of his hiring straight through the entire season. But he hasn't adjusted to jack. We're getting outcoached in this series. Badly. Oh how I wish we had been able to land Tippett ...

Great summary.

would really like to know how you think Zubrus has been our "best forwards" ?? wtf has he done? wtf has anyone done?

kovalchuk 6 points LOL hes here for one reason and one reason only, to score GOALS !!!!! now lets review.. 1 empty net goal.. and one 5 on 3 goal.. am I missing anything? no I didnt think so.. do you get my point .. Oh I hope so.

Yes hes dazeled the defense a few times.. so what all for nothing.

19 starters on this team.. and only 1 showed up all series to play.. congrats Marty.. if only your teammates gave half of what you give night after night.

game 5, sit a few guys, call up minors I guarantee their efforts will be noticable

Edited by Doba

I agree with a great deal of this. But, I don't think Kovy has been one of our better forwards, Philly has trapped him so many times this series it isn't funny. He is like a turnover machine at times. Kudos to Zubbie, who I have been riding as useless since we signed him. He is playing hard I respect him for that.

Zach has been shut-down, but I think most of that is JL taking away his strenghts: Langs and Zajac.

I was impressed by JL in Nov & Dec, but now he looks comical and is being outcoached badly as you say.

I think McAmmond has played great and has been one of the only forwards thats been able to skate out of our d-zone into the Philly zone, but has no help.

Your assessment of the D is dead on. What happend to Salvador??????? He looked like a rock prior to 2010.

To me: I put most of the blame for this series on JL alot of bad decisions.

The way the Devils have used Kovy and adjusted to him, you might as well call us the "Thrashers". He is a great individual player, but has made the others around him worse and diffident.

July can't come soon enough for me at this point.

The way the Devils have used Kovy and adjusted to him, you might as well call us the "Thrashers". He is a great individual player, but has made the others around him worse and diffident.

July can't come soon enough for me at this point.

I think this team was worse & different for the last few seasons.

Agree with everything BUT Zajac has not been average, he has been terrible. He is probably the softest forward we have-a guy who you rarely see cycling the puck down low anymore.